Current - Murder by poison - Novichok nerve agent in the UK and other deadly toxins | BigFooty

Current Murder by poison - Novichok nerve agent in the UK and other deadly toxins

Discussion in 'Crime' started by shellyg, Jul 10, 2018.

1. shellyg

shellyg Community Leader

Western Bulldogs
    UK police and counter-terrorism officers race to find source of new nerve agent poisoning.

More than 100 officers were looking for clues in a race to understand how two local people were exposed to a nerve agent that was produced in the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

. British Home Secretary has called on Russia to explain "exactly what has gone on". The Kremlin surprisingly, has said it's absurd to suggest Russia was involved.

We thought it was women most likely to dispatch the enemy by poison

https://www.news.com.au/world/europ...s/news-story/2ea974bc617fd22e772f8a7ea1deef69

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-09/uk-woman-poisoned-with-nerve-agent-novichok-dies/9957010

metic likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. shellyg

shellyg Community Leader

Western Bulldogs
    Really disgusting.

novichok.png

metic likes this.
  3. owen87

owen87 Club Legend

Essendon
    I do like how they've said it was surprising the Kremlin denied it hah, what else are they going to say!

Wonder what's going on behind the scenes for this and the previous deaths' - why now?

metic and shellyg like this.
  4. shellyg

shellyg Community Leader

Western Bulldogs
    Sorry Owen, that was me who threw the 'surprisingly' bit in. :D

Investigators think this might be accidental contamination that may have come from a carelessly disposed of vial (from the March poisonings) the two casualties might have touched. How deadly is this stuff?

metic likes this.
  5. shellyg

shellyg Community Leader

Western Bulldogs
    It's awful people can die like this. Remember when that thunderstorm came over Melbourne and there were asthma casualties? I understand the explanation but I saw my friends face afterwards and it didn't look like asthma to me, it looked like chemical burn. Not a conspiracy, just an observation.

metic and BFew like this.
  6. owen87

owen87 Club Legend

Essendon
    Well that's disappointing, I would have appreciated good tongue in cheek journalism!

Jeez you'd have to be bloody unlucky to come across it wouldn't you.

metic and shellyg like this.
  7. SmAshmoto

SmAshmoto Team Captain

Carlton
    Other Teams:
    Valentino Rossi, Melbourne Stars
    Reading further into this, it turns out that the batch of Novichok was in a perfume bottle that old mate "found" and gave to his partner. He thought it was worth it because it was in a "fancy looking box" . This poisoning also occurred in the same area as Skripel and his daughter.

Perhaps it was the same batch that poisoned the Skripels and discarded, which has then been found by this guy dumpster diving.

shellyg likes this.