Murder in the Outback, channel 7 Bradley Murdoch, Falconio and Lees?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Anyone watch that, some of it was familiar. But I would have to say that if that Truckie was fair dinkum about the others the two blokes holding another bloke, between them and shooting through when the truck pulled up, well why wasn't that known at the court case.
Which brings up another question, is it just a TV stunt playing out, with some kind of repeat from before, because I've seen the lawyer that got done for drugs before.

I never ever heard of the little red car, on the same night before the two truckies found Lees?
It is why I'm curious what others thought or has this been on before, it goes on again next week episode three?

If I was a lawyer or a police officer who was involved and they knew nothing of the red car and probably three blokes, then wouldn't those people be going ahead with further investigations?

It looks like she was innocent and maybe he was kidnapped she was sure injured and cut up. ,
Maybe he's bloody well still alive, but surely they can't keep putting up bulldust all the time.

I'd reckon on that evidence from last night and other things said last night from the victim Lees , then if its not a beat up, Murdoch should be released because if ever there was doubt well, there it was. Tons of it.

Again hope someone watched it, I 'd like someone else's opinion. But if nothing happens then its a stunt.

The truckie came across as one seriously dodgy character, even though the producers are clearly aiming to do a hatchet job on Lees - not the truckie.

Why didn't we hear of the little red car? Because he never told the police about it. He said as much when the lawyer interviewed him. He'd told some mates, but nobody of any significance. Hard to blame the police for not investigating it, given that he never mentioned it to them, and they were never aware of the car's existence.

Last edited:

The truckie came across as one seriously dodgy character, even though the producers are clearly aiming to do a hatchet job on Lees - not the truckie.

Why didn't we hear of the little red car? Because he never told the police about it. He said as much when the lawyer interviewed him. He'd told some mates, but nobody of any significance. Hard to blame the police for not investigating it, given that he never mentioned it to them, and they were never aware of the car's existence.
Yeah, sounds like the little red car may be a figment of his imagination, dodgy or not I am not sure, but last night was the first time I'd heard that, so I wonder if the police will talk to this bloke or if it is really just another load from someone wanting to make some money.

The thing that gets me is Murdoch does look like a hard man, and admits he isn't any angel, but when he says he didn't do it, he looks believable, actually very believable. Unfortunately, he could be the rabbit in the trap.
Why would he not fess up after all these years. His maintaining his innocence is useless, he's still inside, no one has found Falconio's body?

I can only think, that he did not do it, and criminal offences or not, from his form, doesn't make him a murderer.
I guess we'll have to look at it again next weekend I reckon if that is bulldust going no-where, then it is probably a TV producers new series money maker?

Yeah, sounds like the little red car may be a figment of his imagination, dodgy or not I am not sure, but last night was the first time I'd heard that, so I wonder if the police will talk to this bloke or if it is really just another load from someone wanting to make some money.

The thing that gets me is Murdoch does look like a hard man, and admits he isn't any angel, but when he says he didn't do it, he looks believable, actually very believable. Unfortunately, he could be the rabbit in the trap.
Why would he not fess up after all these years. His maintaining his innocence is useless, he's still inside, no one has found Falconio's body?

I can only think, that he did not do it, and criminal offences or not, from his form, doesn't make him a murderer.
I guess we'll have to look at it again next weekend I reckon if that is bulldust going no-where, then it is probably a TV producers new series money maker?
The biggest question he needs to answer is how his blood came to be on Lees' shirt. The DNA evidence is really the only evidence which conclusively ties him to the events that happened on the Stuart Highway that night.

That truckie just came across as incredibly sketchy. I would not regard him as a reliable witness... not that Lees is necessarily reliable either.

A few people enjoying their five minutes of fame. That guy in the bar for one. And what about that footage of the bloke going in and out of the door? I don’t care what the “expert” said, it didn’t look like Murdoch.
He was too short, but yes he looked like somewhat like Murdoch.
The point is that the height was different to Murdochs 6ft 5in and the police drawing that Lees described at the beginning was too different in my book to Murdoch!
Now that is doubt, it is monster dount! What if the noose was waiting on the guilty verdict, what about the red car, that dodgy truckie as some think , would have to be prepared to go on the stand to mention that, apparently he never spoke of it at the time, perhaps he thought it was irrelevant , anyone who has driven the outback usually helps out, from what he described at night time, was maybe something he thought better left alone. Two blokes and a staggering individual between them???
The truckie , well him and his mate were workers and they could not get on TV this last week and a bit, and say stuff like that, to the whole country surely they'd have to be re questioned?
Then
The people in Bourke, they swore, under oath, that they were 100% sure the man in their service station, was Falconio, whether it was who knows?

Why wouldn't the legal system, even right now look at this, the doubts????
Then the not guilty, in south Australia of the rape of mother and daughter, suggested that the court trial was a way of getting DNA from Murdoch, the police woman that took the bloody ties the culprit was supposed to have used on Lees was taken into an interrogation or jail room where Murdoch was held.
s**t there is so much doubt in this, that Murdoch should not have been convicted!
He was a heavy duty looking drug transporter, and he was an ex bikie, he also probably had a bit of serious form!
But after years and years in prison he says he may be a lot of things, but he is not a murderer. Why not just confess 16 to 18 years later???
I really don't get that, but because he looks tough and nasty and bad , he is crucified.

They keep saying that the investigators are either retired or died, well so what!
That is a piss poor excuse for not reopening the case. Because there is a million holes in it. Even his attempt to get a retrial was a fiasco if they knew nothing about what the last week has told us!

Even the DNA rules of law as to how or whether it is admissable in court then or now and even the way DNA can be distributed I never knew that til last night? I thought DNA was the end game, its not?
And s**t they could have all been in the same places over the hours that we are talking about.
Lees she is either involved , or she was hoodwinked, by Falconio maybe, he is gone and away and perhaps NOT dead! She may have been baffled and scared shitless too !
But I wouldn't know. The point is that with holes in the complete set up of the trial, and Lees even making the coppers think twice about her story , well maybe she was a victim unknowingly, of a plan, as Falconio peed off into the night, maybe over drugs, and everybody knows if you head east into western NSW, close enough, what certain body of a famous crime organisation group is established their? Yeah you do know.

I wonder why these people would keep on investigating this stuff for so long.
I know the lawyer was on about this, and he'd done some time in jail, so why is that a thing?
He has never let up, he did something on this conviction a few years back too.
I thought this show was just the same old show again . But they sure as hell found holes in the way it turned out, no bullet shells no stuggle evidence NO BODY, hah.
But you know, they 'll let the poor bastard rot in there, because he looks like a crook, maybe he is, but maybe he is innocent too.
Don't know what the rest think on BF, he looks a mean character, big and mean, doesn't make him a killer in this case? Does it?

No one knows and that is why the conviction is dangerous and maybe wrong! Lindy all over again????

The "truckie" is/was off his ******* dial.

There was no little red car.
Haha, well, yes, you can think that, but unless you were driving it you wouldn't know.
He did blurt it out on national television, if you were a copper, right now, wouldn't you go looking again, seriously?
Just talking to the truckie, surely the cops must do that now, at least.

Makes you wonder about how the legal system goes here in Aus sometimes, because beyond reasonable doubt isn't that the basis for the law absolutely, and the doubt in this is like mount Everest!!! You can't miss it!

I love some Aussie true crime but this case is weird.
Lee's came across as very strange. Messaging some other bloke afterwards
I think more than likely Murdoch did it but I don't think he was given a fair trial

likely of interest ... will the topic of Bradley Murdoch's involvement in the disappearance of Peter Falconio resurface following the coronial inquest into the disappearance of Larrimah's Patrick "Paddy" Moriarty?
the inquest heard secret police recordings from a listening device placed within the bungalow of local Larrimah gardener, Owen Laurie, who made mention of Falconio's demise whilst he was being secretly recorded.

84cd96a680c9f4b2012c9bdfbccc14cf.jpg

imho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back