Current murder of Melbourne comedian Eurydice Dixon after body found in park

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
When you talking about a political organisation jumping on the death. I'll try to engage you in some actual interesting conversation .

After seeing the comedian deface the memorial , do you think this crime could of been premeditated? If you read between the lines here was there a objective here ?
Did someone egg on mr princess park rapist ?
If you look at the retort of the defacer properly there is some interesting room for discussion , I won't take you down the worm hole of male vs female saga .

Cheers
Iworkthecircus

No I don’t believe the person who defaced the memorial was in any way involved with her murder.

He’s guilty of being an arsehole, not a criminal mastermind.

Daniel Andrews’ was just as quick to use it as a political statement, he just did it in a marginally less offensive way.

Iworkthecircus

All Australian
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
No I don’t believe the person who defaced the memorial was in any way involved with her murder.

He’s guilty of being an arsehole, not a criminal mastermind.

Daniel Andrews’ was just as quick to use it as a political statement, he just did it in a marginally less offensive way.

Assumptions are the mother of a f ups .

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
why not both though? You have focused on one side of the argument when the other is equally valid. Pie in the sky v head up arse
Yes, it's not either/or, it's both. Do what we can as a society to stop these things happening and also be responsible for our personal safety in whatever way we're comfortable with.

As far as risk goes, we all take risks. I ride motorcycles on and off road, knowing that at any time I may end up in hospital, not necessarily because I've done something wrong. It's a risk, same as hang gliding or even crossing the street but it's a risk I'm willing to take because we have to live, not just exist.

demontim27

Cancelled
May 27, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's interesting that when guys are king hit and killed at pubs or nightclubs, forums aren't full of people saying "Well what did he expect, going to a place where there's a bunch of drunk men? If he wanted to stay safe, he should have worn a helmet at such a place!"

And before anyone jumps in, that's not directed at anyone as an attack - it's just an observation over the years of how different incidents get different treatment.
Except that gets said. Literally every time.

I got belted walking to meet mates alone in the city on two occasions. Both times I was told by police and friends and family that I shouldn’t have been walking the cbd alone at 3am

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I am cringing so hard at the 'women have a right to feel safe anywhere, anytime' crowd attacking the police for offering sensible advice.

This is not a political issue and it's not about 'rape culture' or societies attitudes to women or anything.

It's just a reflection of the fact that in any big city there are a small number of violent, rapey and unhinged people roaming around- and if by chance you encounter one of them in a dark and deserted place in the early hours of the morning there's a risk they'll try to hurt you and no one will be around to try and stop them.

That is not an issue which is susceptible to politics, public anger or anti-sexism campaigns, because murderous rapists are not likely to be interested in any of those things. Anyone who understands the criminal justice system understands there are a certain number of people with serious mental health problems, poor impulse control or psychopathic traits floating around at any one time, and they generally aren't very susceptible to reform.

Saying women have a 'right to feel safe' at 2:30 in the morning in a deserted city suburb might give commentators a warm rhetorical glow, but it is stupid dangerous advice which risks people's safety for the sake of scoring a political point. We'd all like to feel safe everywhere, and it is never the victims fault, but there are things we can all do to make ourselves more or less at risk.
Very good and well written post indeed.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
" women have a right to feel safe anywhere anytime " No s**t they do. It's a given, Everyone does. Whether you're Male or Female. No person either male or female should feel threatened or be attacked, bullied, harassed either physically or verbally.

Here's a news flash for you. Violence against men happens to. murders, plots, abuse, it goes both ways. Yes there certainly are more cases with men on women offences but saying men need education or whatever is stupidity. A four year old child knows right from wrong. As many have pointed out, if someone's Is evil or crazy they're not going to be reasoned with or convinced of not harming someone. They're ****ed in the head to begin with and don't care about right or wrong.

Women are more vulnerable than men obviously but there are a lot of cases of men getting assaulted and murdered too. Use your brain and don't put yourself in dangerous situations. A lot of assaults can be prevented. In no way am I saying what happened is acceptable. What the guy did is pure evil and I'm glad the campaigner will get what he deserves. Personally I like any decent human being would protect any innocent person from the scum of the earth. What you have to realise here is, they are EVIL.

Evil people do exist. That is the problem.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Btw if a guy walked in the park alone at 2.30 in the morning yes people would say what the hell are you doing walking alone in a dark park at 2.30 am in the morning.

Whenever something happens it has to be an us against them mentality. * off. Male, Female, we are all equal and are all human beings. Treat eachother with respect and everyone deserves respect. Violence and crime against one another isn't acceptable at all. At the same time use some logic and by not being logical doesn't make it an excuse to get hurt. By use it where you can when you can.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Don't "people like me" this, Snake. We were having a reasonable debate so please don't go personal and trolly. I was merely illustrating a point: if it's fair to tell ALL women they have to change their behaviours to keep safe why is it unfair to tell all men the same? My example was obviously extreme and silly but I wanted some of the posters here to feel what a woman does when told they have to change what they do - it's not fun, is it? I've said before I don't think there are easy answers and if you go through the thread I wasn't outraged at the police response (even if I felt it was maybe poorly worded) but I think there's more we can do, more we can discuss than simply shrugging and saying "Too hard, women stay in at night or get a bodyguard." That seems defeatist, lazy and even cowardly to me. Be aware of risks of course but that shouldn't be the end of the conversation. Now can we discuss this civilly?
Maybe there should be a ban on an teenager wanting to play video games. Especially with women, as they can kill you for it?

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...pad-death-ng-7a84bc032f8039d6a0f17996b45a76fc

You have an agenda against men. I think you should improve your attitude with your us vs them mentality.

It goes both ways.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

At least they're not even trying to pretend it's unbiased;

a researcher on the Counting Dead Women project at feminist organisation Destroy The Joint

Not a single male death mentioned.

The article basically says; "We cover what's easiest and what we think people would be most interested (will be successful clickbait) in hearing"

Apparently all male deaths, and most female deaths fall in to the 'not easy or interesting' category.

bigfarter

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Maybe there should be a ban on an teenager wanting to play video games. Especially with women, as they can kill you for it?

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...pad-death-ng-7a84bc032f8039d6a0f17996b45a76fc

You have an agenda against men. I think you should improve your attitude with your us vs them mentality.

It goes both ways.

I Think you should improve your comprehension skills if you think I have an agenda against men. It’s bloody hilarious to be accused of things you know to be untrue by people who seem to think questioning some issues or wanting discussion means you hate all men. No grey area, no nuance. Just stripped back, lame internet thinking.

At least they're not even trying to pretend it's unbiased;

Not a single male death mentioned.

The article basically says; "We cover what's easiest and what we think people would be most interested (will be successful clickbait) in hearing"

Apparently all male deaths, and most female deaths fall in to the 'not easy or interesting' category.

Owen, I think you might have missed the opening paragraph.

When a 68-year-old father shot dead his teenage son and daughter at the home where they lived with their mother, media organisations were justifiably transfixed: the cold-blooded killing, described by police as a "planned attack", has horrified readers, viewers and listeners.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Owen, I think you might have missed the opening paragraph.

When a 68-year-old father shot dead his teenage son and daughter at the home where they lived with their mother, media organisations were justifiably transfixed: the cold-blooded killing, described by police as a "planned attack", has horrified readers, viewers and listeners.

I read it; that's the sole mention of a male death, and no mentions of female perpetrators.

They're fundamentally saying that media organisations choose to report on what's most easy and will garner the most clicks / views / likes.

Most of us already know that's how it works, it's just a very ideologically biased way of going about saying it.

BrisLion

Debutant
Jul 9, 2018
Toowong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Why do people continue to use murder or crime for political mileage or this pathetic Left vs Right s**t?

In Australia, both major political parties are the same. Gutless and central stooges!

Both these parties only give a s**t about the election cycle, not what is really in the best interest of the citizens!

Iworkthecircus

All Australian
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Why do people continue to use murder or crime for political mileage or this pathetic Left vs Right s**t?

In Australia, both major political parties are the same. Gutless and central stooges!

Both these parties only give a s**t about the election cycle, not what is really in the best interest of the citizens!
because policy is not even held to accountability. The only time one is removed is when the media turn on them and do a witch hunt , or they turn on each other . Apart from that it's a open field day on your tax money with zero concern because when the next party comes threw they blame the last or the one before .
fingers crossed more people awaken to the void and refuse to vote but it will never happen as they lap up the properganda machine . There's big think tanks driving these buzzards. Look at Rosie battie for example , system failures , then she's put to work by the system , perfect example .

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Considering he followed her for 5k, there is no excusing anything less than the full force of the law, the crime is bad enough but he actually followed her all the way through the CBD and beyond, he had ample opportunity to reconsider his actions, he had amply opportunity to back off and if he really had to he could have found a quiet spot to jerk off without carrying out this crime.

Back