Current murder of Melbourne comedian Eurydice Dixon after body found in park

Horrible .. I realise the police are saying the earlier sexual assault close by isn't connected, not sure if I'm seeing similarities that aren't there but I think it looks a bit like the same guy
Apparently the suspect handed himself in to Broadmeadows PS last night after all the media publicity.

If he’s guilty, he deserves to rot.

FYI there is a suppression order now in effect on publication of any pictures relating to the alleged’s identity.

I just hate this pointless death of a person for what, brief sexual gratification.
RIP, poor girl.

Most of the research suggests that acts like this are as much about power as sexual gratification.

She texted her friend saying she almost home. Sad.
Firstly it’s sad that people can’t be safe if they choose to walk the streets alone at night. Nobody deserves to fail to arrive home safely.

The alleged seemingly doesn’t have the history of an Adrian Bayley or Sean Price but it would seem he has fallen through cracks in the education and social systems. What makes an allegedly autistic man with no previous criminal record allegedly commit the horrific offences of rape and murder?

Most of the research suggests that acts like this are as much about power as sexual gratification.
As in a guy who is maybe a bit of a social outcast and not popular with the ladies seemingly having what he wants for once rather than constant rejection? It’s a sad story. A lady going about her own life coming up against an individual with a potentially undiagnosed issue or grievance?

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond
Apparently the suspect handed himself in to Broadmeadows PS last night after all the media publicity.

If he’s guilty, he deserves to rot.
Clearly he didn't hand himself in out of remorse or guilt, but only because he knew it was inevitable that he'll get caught after having his face plastered all over the news.

Last edited:

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond
Autism effects empathy and sympathy.

How you recognise this and monitor is the hard bit
It certainly affects a persons social skills, but I'm not sure if it affects empathy or sympathy (I have slight Aspergers. Personally it affects my social skills, but I do feel sympathy and empathy towards others).

Regardless, even if he didn't have empathy, at the very least he would have known what he was doing is wrong. So I don't really see it as an excuse for committing a crime.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Absolutely horrible. We have major problems when someone can't walk home alone and is brutally murdered. Not sure how the hell you solve something like this but just feel for the victim and her family + friends in all of this.

Clearly he didn't hand himself in out of remorse or guilt, but only because he knew it was inevitable that he'll get caught after having his face plastered all over the news.

Don't know anything except he handed himself in when footage was released of him. Just have to see what happens at court to make sense of it first.

Sep 21, 2008
docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
Firstly it’s sad that people can’t be safe if they choose to walk the streets alone at night. Nobody deserves to fail to arrive home safely.

The alleged seemingly doesn’t have the history of an Adrian Bayley or Sean Price but it would seem he has fallen through cracks in the education and social systems. What makes an allegedly autistic man with no previous criminal record allegedly commit the horrific offences of rape and murder?
Fantasy.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure how the hell you solve something like this

I think it's utopian to think we ever can sadly; this whole push about "teach x not to y" neglects the fact there for a lot of crimes, x already knows that y is wrong. I don't believe we'll ever eradicate offenders and dangerous situations.

The best we can do is try to put the services and structures in place to minimise dangerous individuals being allowed to repeat offend, and to identify those who might need help, and provide it to them.

Otherwise it's up to us as individual people to both look out for our own well-being, by being aware of our environment and not putting ourselves in dangerous situations, and being conscious of looking out for other people as best we can.

It sound cold, but would you tell a child to walk down a deserted, dark alleyway at night because it's ok and bad people should know better, or would you tell them to stick to well lit areas with plenty of people around for safety?

Absolutely horrible. We have major problems when someone can't walk home alone and is brutally murdered. Not sure how the hell you solve something like this but just feel for the victim and her family + friends in all of this.

Not sure we can stop something like this from happening again. An offender at that age who's never come to police attention before, there may not have been any warning signs.

She should have been safe, we all know asking questions like "what was she doing walking through a dark park?" is wrong like it's somehow her fault we won't do it but the sad reality is likely in houses all over Victoria Mums like me are again, delivering lectures on risk and personal safety. :(

It’s hard enough when we have a weak justice system that lets repeat offenders the opportunity to reoffend. How to keep this bloke from doing what he did though? Has he committed other crimes but not been caught? Has a recent event made him one off snap? Has he been bubbling away and we have missed something and he has just now erupted volcanically?

It’s really sad to lose yet another life on Melbourne’s streets of an innnocent person just going about her business. Nobody deserves that.

Back