Current Murder Suicide? Mother & 3 Kids Die In Tullamarine

Horrible news from Tullamarine with a Mum and 3 kids deceased.

Father has been released by police.

Suspicion is now on the Mum as a murder suicide.

How truly terrible. Thoughts with all affected.

Awful situation.

Just an observation: These situations seem to be looked at through a different lens when the mother rather than the father is the offender.

both probably mental health situations but:
1) when a man does it, it is assumed it is about revenge and control
2) when a mother does it, it is assumed to be post-natal depression

it would be interesting to know the stats, to understand if the initial response stacks up

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
both probably mental health situations but:
1) when a man does it, it is assumed it is about revenge and control
2) when a mother does it, it is assumed to be post-natal depression

it would be interesting to know the stats, to understand if the initial response stacks up
Agreed,
I think more effort to understand the reasons for family violence needs to be made. Men are statistically more likely to be the offender, and those cases seem to be considered typical rather than the individual circumstances and cause looked at. Of course, some of these offenders are just violent arsehole pieces of s**t.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
It is a terribly sad thing and I along with everyone in the state and country wish it never happened. But it has and it breaks me to bits having a young family myself.

Now I rarely check my social media, but I did yesterday and let me tell you, all the women on there blaming the poor father made me sick. Its not always a man who instigates domestic violence, men are victims too. I feel for that guy so much, he is never going to recover. He will move on, slowly, but losing a child is the hardest thing somebody can go through.

Just made me so angry that everyone, mainly women, blamed the poor father. All the feminists out there need to have a good hard look at themselves. I have that poor father in my thoughts, as does everyone else.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
I can understand suicide, why people do it etc. But why take three innocent children who had their whole lives ahead of them? I just cannot comprehend it, I literally can't even understand why take three children with you. Suicide is seen as a selfish act and not considering your family and loved ones and the impact it has, but why take the children?

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
It is a terribly sad thing and I along with everyone in the state and country wish it never happened. But it has and it breaks me to bits having a young family myself.

Now I rarely check my social media, but I did yesterday and let me tell you, all the women on there blaming the poor father made me sick. Its not always a man who instigates domestic violence, men are victims too. I feel for that guy so much, he is never going to recover. He will move on, slowly, but losing a child is the hardest thing somebody can go through.

Just made me so angry that everyone, mainly women, blamed the poor father. All the feminists out there need to have a good hard look at themselves. I have that poor father in my thoughts, as does everyone else.
Those high on the oppression spectrum rarely get a fair trial by social media/MSM.

In having said that, we don't know what caused her to react the way she has and I dare say her relationship with her husband will be investigated.

This looked very different from what we might usually see, there was no history of violence, they hadn't been through the courts and no reports of trouble in the marriage that I could find which was why I held back from opening a thread. To make the assumption he was responsible I think was jumping the gun.

I can't fathom how he's to get through it. He has a family one day and goes to work, comes home and they've been murdered likely by their own mother and his life partner. It's terrible.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
This looked very different from what we might usually see, there was no history of violence, they hadn't been through the courts and no reports of trouble in the marriage that I could see which was why I held back from opening a thread. To make the assumption he was responsible I think was jumping the gun.

I can't fathom how he's to get through it. He has a family one day and goes to work, comes home and they've been murdered likely by their own mother and his life partner. It's terrible.
And she's dead too.

And she's dead too.

Yes and that's not what we might usually see either. We may think with murder suicide it should be obvious to investigators that's what happened and they should just call it but I couldn't see any cause of death which made it a bit more confusing, to me anyway.

With her gone as well, that poor man has no answers.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
This looked very different from what we might usually see, there was no history of violence, they hadn't been through the courts and no reports of trouble in the marriage that I could find which was why I held back from opening a thread. To make the assumption he was responsible I think was jumping the gun.

I genuinely hope this poor man is going to get every single bit of support he needs and wants. Imagine going to bed every night how hard it would be knowing that his life is never going to be the same. I cant imagine what he saw, to be honest I dont want to. The police and ambos are struggling to deal with it, imagine how he is doing? Hopefully there is a way the community can support him as a whole.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Saw the same thing on the ABC feed.

Even now there's a woman saying along the lines of maybe wait to see if he pushed her to the point where she had no other option.

Father's never have people saying "maybe the wife pushed him to the brink".

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
This looked very different from what we might usually see, there was no history of violence, they hadn't been through the courts and no reports of trouble in the marriage that I could see which was why I held back from opening a thread. To make the assumption he was responsible I think was jumping the gun.

Reminds me of when that woman in QLD stabbed those 8 kids to death.

That faded from the news pretty quickly so will be interesting to see how this case is covered.

Even now there's a woman saying along the lines of maybe wait to see if he pushed her to the point where she had no other option.

And I'll bet she's copping a heap of flak for it too, imagine trolling a thread with that when three little kids have been murdered.

Father's never have people saying "maybe the wife pushed him to the brink".

Yeah, they do.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
And I'll bet she's copping a heap of flak for it too, imagine trolling a thread with that when three little kids have been murdered.

She had a few, and some defending her. Certainly not coping the vitriol if the genders were reversed.

Yeah, they do.

The overwhelming majority of posts absolutely bury the father.

Compare that to todays post where the vast majority are throwing sympathy and empathy her way.

She had a few, and some defending her. Certainly not coping the vitriol if the genders were reversed.

The overwhelming majority of posts absolutely bury the father.

Compare that to todays post where the vast majority are throwing sympathy and empathy her way.

This isn't the SRP board as a reminder thanks, let's not turn such an appalling tragedy into a massive whinge fest about how some members of the public have reacted to it over other social media platforms?

As to burying the father, the overwhelming majority of men who kill their partners, exes or kids have got a documented history of violence or control issues and most can generally safely assume this will factor in. And they are in the overwhelming majority of violent offenders, it's a fact.

Have you seen anybody expressing any empathy for the woman who just stabbed her three kids to death here? I'm not seeing it. It's going out to the man who now has to try and get through after what she's done.

I just can’t fathom it. Apparently no real signs too. Other than in hindsight she had withdrawn a bit and quit her physio job. Just horrific.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I can understand suicide, why people do it etc. But why take three innocent children who had their whole lives ahead of them? I just cannot comprehend it, I literally can't even understand why take three children with you. Suicide is seen as a selfish act and not considering your family and loved ones and the impact it has, but why take the children?

I'm speculating, but I think you have kind of answered your own question. Suicide is seen as selfish as those left behind are left to suffer. Perhaps in her warped mind she thought the kids staying alive after she killed herself would be too hard on them, so took them too. Like when Goebles' wife killed her children. IDK.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
I'm speculating, but I think you have kind of answered your own question. Suicide is seen as selfish as those left behind are left to suffer. Perhaps in her warped mind she thought the kids staying alive after she killed herself would be too hard on them, so took them too. Like when Goebles' wife killed her children. IDK.
I don't accept that as a reason to take innocent children's lives. No matter how horrible your life is, children do not deserve to die. Run away, leave town, leave states anything, leave your children out of it.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Very different.

Father does it he's a monster and gets piled in on.

Mother does it lot's of sympathy and mental illness rolled out.
Unfortunately true.

Perhaps not the right time to talk about it, but it's true and a discussion needs to be had.

The fact that a crime called infanticide exists (a lesser charge than murder that can ONLY apply if the victim is under 1 year of age and the killer is the mother) is one the lesser known injustices in our society.

But right now, we have a man who's life has changed forever, three kids who will never get to live theirs, and a woman, who no one can imagine the mental state of, but who's actions can be nothing but condemned.

Back