Current Murder Suicide? Mother & 3 Kids Die In Tullamarine

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhhhh bullshit.

You couldn't address the point of my post or the possible truth in it but went somewhere else that had no basis whatsoever.

It's Sunday and I'd like to have an easy one. The users on this site are nearly 90% men and I'm not going to pretend I fully understand or appreciate how you all might feel nor am I inclined towards being overwhelmed by a discussion on media / gender bias that in my opinion, isn't even a real thing.

Go for it. Have a great day.

Well your opinion around gender bias in reporting tones of violent crimes is very wrong and I could go to the effort of listing many cases with news articles that validate this but the most blatant examples are this, Akon Guode and the mother involved in the horrific murder of her 8 kids in Cairns.

As a moderator just because you personally disagree with something doesn't give you the right to shut it down as a discussion topic that is 100% relevant to the case and or get on the front foot and start attacking posters for sharing their thoughts.

Well your opinion around gender bias in reporting tones of violent crimes is very wrong and I could go to the effort of listing many cases with news articles that validate this but the most blatant examples are this, Akon Guode and the mother involved in the horrific murder of her 8 kids in Cairns.

As a moderator just because you personally disagree with something doesn't give you the right to shut it down as a discussion topic that is 100% relevant to the case and or get on the front foot and start attacking posters for sharing their thoughts.

Akon Guode could have killed herself first imo but I'm sure you could find a few articles to support your view. That works both ways.

You're misrepresenting what I've said, totally. The discussion isn't shut down, it's obvious there are some who want to have it I'm just not sure it belongs in here. I'm not always right either though so I'm actually passing it to someone else to assess and moderate if need be.

Akon Guode should have killed herself first imo but I'm sure you could find a few articles to support your view. That works both ways.

You're misrepresenting what I've said, totally. The discussion isn't shut down, it's obvious there are some who want to have it I'm just not sure it belongs in here. I'm not always right either though so I'm actually passing it to someone else to assess and moderate if need be.

Might be misinterpreting it (I'm not meaning to come across as hostile btw, apologies if I am)

I would just love some consistency in reporting, I guess that could be applied to everything though. Journalism is mostly trash click bait full stop these days.

What a heartbreaking and disturbing situation. I'll never understand how any parent can kill their kids.

Poor father. Yesterday people on social media were quick to draw conclusions but the images of him in the news showed a distraught and traumatised person.

He cheated on his wife.

Continuing the discussion is fine as long as the discussion remains on topic and related to the subject.

How is the press to angle this?

They'll jump to whatever will generate the most clicks - blame the man, blame the patriarchy, all men need to change etc etc...

The way the press covers these things is very toxic.

It's beyond the purview of this part of the forum to get in to it, but the way the media report things these days is first and foremost about generating a reaction, not about presenting facts.

As a situation it's tragic, and as someone posted before, if you're so disturbed / unhappy / depressed that you do feel there's no option other than to take your own life, going one step further and taking all the children with you is just... evil.

I can't fathom how any parent would recover and live life after something like this, and seemingly the police haven't really found a clear-cut reason for it happening as we generally have a bit more clarity a week after the fact in these kind of situations.

Is there any particular reason you feel the need to weigh in here with this sh*t? When have I ever said or implied women don't do sh*t things?

How often do women perpetrate serious acts of domestic violence? That a woman did it this time makes this tragic event noteworthy.

The reason you don't see the outpouring of grief and calls for more to be done to stop domestic violence this time is because there is no crisis of a scourge of domestic violence by women towards their partners or children. Unlike domestic violence by piece-of-s**t men. This in no way lessens the awfulness of what this woman did, but it's (probably literally) a one in a million occurrence. There's no need for Australia to come together to stamp out DV by women - it's just not a big problem.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Her mental deterioration was shocking from that article.
Clearly nobody could foresee her snapping with such tragic consequences.

How often do women perpetrate serious acts of domestic violence? That a woman did it this time makes this tragic event noteworthy.

The reason you don't see the outpouring of grief and calls for more to be done to stop domestic violence this time is because there is no crisis of a scourge of domestic violence by women towards their partners or children. Unlike domestic violence by piece-of-sh*t men. This in no way lessens the awfulness of what this woman did, but it's (probably literally) a one in a million occurrence. There's no need for Australia to come together to stamp out DV by women - it's just not a big problem.
Yep, one in a million indeed....

You might want to do some research on stats around filicide...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back