Current Murder trial alleging premeditation after ploughing her car into a group of teenagers

Remove this Banner Ad

It started with a fight between two groups of students where Aya Hishemh's brother and sister were injured. It's alleged Aya Mishemh on hearing about it, after declaring her intention to hunt them down and kill the group, in an act of raw vengeance drove her (or a) car through them standing at a bus stop.

Jacob Cummins, 17, died in the incident and Ms Hishemh is is now on trial accused of his murder. She has also been charged with attempting to kill Robert Bell, Anwre Ige and Augustine Janga, who were seriously injured.

Ms Hishmeh has admitted driving dangerously but maintained she had only wanted to warn the teenagers to stay away from her family and had not meant to kill or harm anyone.

Her lawyer, Anthony Elliott, said an expert would testify that Ms Hishmeh's car was going too fast and, even if maximum braking was applied, she would not have been able to stop before she hit the teenagers

There's CCTV.

One of the witnesses said she heard Ms Hishmeh say "multiple times" she "was going to kill them and their family", while another witness said she heard Ms Hishmeh say she "was going to find the boys and then she was going to kill them … kill everyone".

Another witness said she saw Ms Hishmeh make a phone call before a man arrived in a red car, and after a conversation Ms Hishmeh got into the driver's seat and left the car park.

Her lawyer, Anthony Elliott, said an expert would testify that Ms Hishmeh's car was going too fast and, even if maximum braking was applied, she would not have been able to stop before she hit the teenagers
Oh well it's not her fault then, obviously the car was driving itself.

Oh well it's not her fault then, obviously the car was driving itself.

Bad car, accelerating when it saw them so that she wouldn't be able to brake in time.

Honestly, it's the second worst defence I've heard this year (first is the guy who tried to plead self-defence to murdering someone he'd lured to his house, ambushed, tied up, tortured and then killed).

Sorry love, while I can accept that you probably regretted your actions fairly soon afterwards, I don't believe you did not intend to hit those kids when you accelerated towards them.

Not guilty murder,guilty of manslaughter.
Sentencing in April.
The maximum in WA for manslaughter is 25 years I believe .Potential longer sentances were brought in after a public outcry regards a few short sentances for manslaughter in the past so it will be interesting to see how justice gets served in this case.
- its important for the state to have consistency in justice though the jury system is not always going to be consistant.Consequently there is now an overlap in manslaugher and murder sentencing as in the minimum for murder is less than the maximum for manslaughter so it will be interesting to see what the justice professiosionals deem appropriate in this instance given the circumstances of this verdict and past murder verdicts reached by jurys and the sentances handed down.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the defence story was one big, tall tale.

If her sister was truly ‘slashed’, why didn’t she rush her to the hospital? I’ve heard nothing about her injuries. There was no evidence presented that any of the victims used a knife or even carried one. I’ve also heard nothing about the supposed bullying that her brother received or any injuries that he sustained.

My take is that a schoolyard scrap extended to after school hours. Two gangs fought each other. After hearing that their brother was involved, her and her adult siblings joined the fight. That is very poor behaviour. After being bested by the opposing gang the defendant got in her car with the intention of confronting any members of the opposing gang and purposefully ran them over. I accept that she felt immediate remorse, but that is of little relevance. She is very lucky to not have been convicted of murder.

‘Hishmeh was sentenced to eight years and six months and will be eligible for parole in mid-2024, with time already served in custody.’

Pissweak.

WTF you can say you are gonna kill someone, then do it, then get a slap on the wrist for it. Joke.

17 years old that kid. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back