Murray Darling catchment management incompetence

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been following parts of the #watergate story since Ronnie Salt tweeted it 2 weeks ago. At this time, it's not linked specifically to the Murray Darling catchment, but is an associated water buyback issue, whereby public monies ended up in a Cayman Island tax haven.

If you search #watergate on social media, you should get the hit.

Here's BJ's trainwreck interview from earlier tonight that's going viral - utterly golden :)

It's being hit so hard that there are bandwidth issues atm, so you might need to come back to it later.

https://radio.abc.net.au/search?service_guid=RN-rnd-20190422-11036040

Labor’s fault

aaaaaand, a truly important, National issue is being turned into a political circle-jerk, as usual.
Will you political fan bois please piss off.

dbDNTq0.jpg

I'm unsure if that was directed at me, but all I can add is that Green policies, under the guise of the current Qld Labor Government have caused untold heartache and financial pain here. It's only going to get worse under a Federal Labor Government.

You may have addressed this before, since I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll ask anyway: social issues aside, concentrating entirely on economic and environmental issues, what specifically have Labor or the Greens done to cause this heartache and financial pain?

Well listening to Barnaby it was Labirs fault he Signed off on the 80million buy back.
So you don’t think this is a political issue?
No I don't think it's a political issue at all..
BOTH sides are culpable, if you are willing to look at history.
How that makes it a binary political issue is beyond my comprehension.
It's a moral issue.
An issue of taking care of people before money and power.

I care nothing for this political point scoring bullshit.

What a disgraceful piece of s**t he comes across as during that interview. There is something wrong with his mind and his heart.
I've been following parts of the #watergate story since Ronnie Salt tweeted it 2 weeks ago. At this time, it's not linked specifically to the Murray Darling catchment, but is an associated water buyback issue, whereby public monies ended up in a Cayman Island tax haven.

If you search #watergate on social media, you should get the hit.

Here's BJ's trainwreck interview from earlier tonight that's going viral - utterly golden :)

It's being hit so hard that there are bandwidth issues atm, so you might need to come back to it later.

https://radio.abc.net.au/search?service_guid=RN-rnd-20190422-11036040

You may have addressed this before, since I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll ask anyway: social issues aside, concentrating entirely on economic and environmental issues, what specifically have Labor or the Greens done to cause this heartache and financial pain?

OK.
Let's start with the totally unworkable State Vegetation Management laws in Qld, which Shorten has vowed to enact nationally, and go from there?

OK.
Let's start with the totally unworkable State Vegetation Management laws in Qld, which Shorten has vowed to enact nationally, and go from there?

If you feel like, could you explain why you believe they're unworkable? I confess my ignorance on the subject, I'm only reading about it now for the first time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Burke.

"You don't pay Versace prices for water that you get from The Reject Shop, and that looks like what Barnaby Joyce has done."

Incredible. Who does Joyce know that could have accounts in the Cayman Is? Gina?

Finally the scandal I was talking about 12+ months ago when Barnyard was being put through the ringer over his affair is starting to unfold.

There's been rumours and evidence of serious LNP corruption, not just from Joyce, over water rights allocations for years.

Word about the joint was there was even a dossier floating around Canberra pre-bank Royal Commission, detailing all sorts of allegations which certain parties wanted to hand over to the press, should the Nationals leadership not go in to bat for the RC. The rumour I'd heard which allegedly came from a few Nationals insiders and money people, was that there was oppo on other Barnaby misbehavior and also corrupt political dealings (not exclusive to Barnyard) relating to water theft and allocations.

Last edited:
Finally the scandal I was talking about 12+ months ago when Barnyard was being put through the ringer over his affair is starting to unfold.

There's been rumours and evidence of serious LNP corruption, not just from Joyce, over water rights allocations for years.

Word about the joint was there was even a dossier floating around Canberra pre-bank Royal Commission, detailing all sorts of allegations which certain parties wanted to hand over to the press, should the Nationals leadership not go in to bat for the RC. The rumour I'd heard which allegedly came from a few Nationals insiders and money people, was that there was oppo on other Barnaby misbehavior and also corrupt political dealings (not exclusive to Barnyard) relating to water theft and allocations.

That's not even touching on the " Armidale club fire " stuff either

Last edited:
aaaaaand, a truly important, National issue is being turned into a political circle-jerk, as usual.
Will you political fan bois please piss off.

Then it is up to you and your country brethren to vote the current government out.

Because without a RC or an ICAC nothing is ever going to change.

And the LNP will give you neither.

Then it is up to you and your country brethren to vote the current government out.

Because without a RC or an ICAC nothing is ever going to change.

And the LNP will give you neither.
They won't be getting my vote, and I am far from alone in feeling abandoned and disillusioned.

If you feel like, could you explain why you believe they're unworkable? I confess my ignorance on the subject, I'm only reading about it now for the first time.

Here's a start because it is so complex.
http://www.mondaq.com/australia/x/7...ment+in+Queensland+more+complicated+than+ever
It is the thickened vegetation and the Mulga laws which have most of us up in arms, along with the 15 year barrier.
In my case, I am in Brigalow country which constantly shoots regrowth suckers, even after years of cultivation.
If we can't keep it at bay it creates completely impenetrable country that is not even fit for a goanna.
The mulga laws restrict drought stricken farmers from harvesting the mulga for starving livestock, even though Mulga regrows like hair on a cats back in western Qld.
The 15 yr law negates us even thinning out country to maintain pasture.
It then gets shaded out, no native or introduced grasses grow and, when it does rain, all the bloody topsoil gets washed into the Barrier Reef.

The whole thing has been based on fraudulent, bullshit 'science' that the greens, hi Jackie Trad, have forced through.

Now Shorten wants to introduce it nationwide...hang on to your hat if that happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back