Murray FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havent been on for a couple of days so sorry for the late reply.
A few things that have been brought up that I'm happy to clear up, the $30,000 a year is not above what Greenhams already throw in, this figure is upwards of $10,000 a year over the past 20 odd years I believe.
Greenhams will still sponsor the club as normal if the proposal doesn't get up
The jumper change would be for good, and the proposal isn't just to change the jumper, we would also be known as the Greenham Tongala Bulldogs.
Why the Bulldogs, Greenhams sponsor them and an affiliation with the Western Bulldogs is proposed, players coming to take some trainings, coaching resources etc.
Where would the money go. This would obviously be up to the committee at the time, but it has been heavily debated and agreed that none of it would be spent on players and that the money would be used on infrastructure, like lighting upgrades to allow for night games etc.
The affiliation with the Western Bulldogs I believe could be more beneficial than any monetary sponsorship in my opinion.
The main problem with all this and the Western Bulldogs affiliation part is that there is nothing in writing from them committing to any of this, it is just an expectation and hope, and I believe a 3 year agreement isn't enough to change the clubs jumpers, skirts, apparel and name. Same with the jumpers and apparel, it has been said that the cost of this will be covered by someone other than the club, but nothing in writing.
So Ill be voting to stay the Tongala Blues until I see some signed documentation from the Western Bulldogs of what they are offering and a longer guaranteed commitment from Greenhams.

Whilst I agree with you, unfortunately this is generally how clubs gauge success. As an observer I've seen that Tongala has always had strong juniors in both footy and netball, as well as great community culture. And really, we're all just assuming that the money would mostly go towards recruitment. Maybe we're way off and it'd be pumped into the junior program. But I doubt it.

This isn't some new kid on the block business or someone from far away wanting to tip in a stack of cash...Greenhams is a long-time local operation employing an abundance of locals and supporting the community. So at the end of the day despite your breakdown, $30k is not pocket change and shouldn't be sneezed at. Whether you look at the highest league or the bush league of a sport, it's all becoming big business whether people like it or not. Those who have accepted this and adapted would generally be in better sted than those who try to oppose it.

Put it this way Roar: if you worked for someone and was offered a pay increase of 10% per year for three years but it meant you had to drive around in a car with the business' logo on the side, would you? (I know this isn't the strongest analogy, but I'm sure you get my point).

The AGM is tomorrow night and from what I have been told, the decision will be voted upon by the club's 'top tier' members (life members etc).
Lots of really bad assumptions being made in the last few posts here. For one - greenhams already put $10k into the club per year, so it's only a $20k increase. So an extra $60k over three years. Some of which will need to be spent on rebranding anything that represents the 'navy blues' secondly there is no plan as to how the money is spent. So an extra $20k could possibly buy in a good footballer or potentially go into improving infrastructure (which would be the best way to spend it) because one or two players isn't going to win Tonny a flag. So at the end of three years - with no guarantee the sponsorship deal will continue they could possibly have blown the money on some players, most likely have not won a flag, and sold out 80+ years of history just because Peter Greenham barracks for the Bulldogs? You're right bootz, it is a no brainer, if anyone is stupid enough to vote for it they need their heads read. But you know what, with the culture at Tonny of taking the easy option - I wouldn't be surprised if the vote gets up.

Last edited:

Lots of really bad assumptions being made in the last few posts here. For one - greenhams already put $10k into the club per year, so it's only a $20k increase. So an extra $60k over three years. Some of which will need to be spent on rebranding anything that represents the 'navy blues' secondly there is no plan as to how the money is spent. So an extra $20k could possibly buy in a good footballer or potentially go into improving infrastructure (which would be the best way to spend it) because one or two players isn't going to win Tonny a flag. So at the end of three years - with no guarantee the sponsorship deal will continue they could possibly have blown the money on some players, most likely have not won a flag, and sold out 80+ years of history just because Peter Greenham barracks for the Bulldogs? You're right bootz, it is a no brainer, if anyone is stupid enough to vote for it they need their heads read. But you know what, with the culture at Tonny of taking the easy option - I wouldn't be surprised if the vote gets up.
It's good to hear some of the in depth research as things can be glossed over from the outside as I have done while pondering the options over froffs. The meeting may get a bit heated, but what will be will be, as long as all the facts are presented and not hidden. Appreciate the update.

Lol. Jabbajabba care to elarate what u know? Like I said I wasn't there and only going on what I hear? So I'm not claiming that I know what went on. Hints why I made sure and said "I wasn't there" and "im only going on what I heard" :)
Nah mate I'm having a good laugh sitting hear reading your crap.

Bloody hell, makes all my comments look like I've just dumped a bag load of turds on myself. Funny how I've been hearing this talk for ages from locals and there has been a heap of BS somewhere. Sorry folks for passing crap on.

No vote was taken, majority ruled it was too rushed and not enough information was known. Yes it was Barry that moved the motion to rescind the vote, neither he nor Darren called each other liars.
All positions bar Vice President filled (a nomination sleeping on that role). 100 at the meeting, 70 more than the norm.
First training run had before the meeting with 30 plus there, all but two of them below 25.
Everything is well at the Tonny Blues

Nah mate I'm having a good laugh sitting hear reading your crap.

Hahaha glad I can entertain u Jabba my friend :)

And I re call what I said about Barry calling Peter greenham. it was Graeme prety who he claimed to call. Which greame denied saying what Barry claimed he said when Darren called him up after the debarcle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No vote was taken, majority ruled it was too rushed and not enough information was known. Yes it was Barry that moved the motion to rescind the vote, neither he nor Darren called each other liars.
All positions bar Vice President filled (a nomination sleeping on that role). 100 at the meeting, 70 more than the norm.
First training run had before the meeting with 30 plus there, all but two of them below 25.
Good to hear Hank. Harry might want to be careful the accusations he throughs around.

That's good to hear hank. Good numbers!!

Fitzroy Stars Murray Football League Egan, Christopher Approved 2016-11-10 2016-11-

Is this the former Collingwood player?

Fitzroy Stars Murray Football League Egan, Christopher Approved 2016-11-10 2016-11-

Is this the former Collingwood player?
Sure is, he is heading to Rumbalara, will be interesting to see how he goes. Did he play much football this season or will it be an off field role?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back