Murray FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest havnt heard alot about cobram, mulwala or deni but i think it all leads to a big gap between the top 4 or 5 and the rest of the comp
Deni have picked up former best and fairest winner john Anstee from Wagga tigers, good to have around the club. Kids improving and a lot fitter. Not going to challenge the top 5 by any means but the future looks brighter with plenty more numbers at training over the summer. Lost a couple of key position players though.

Deni have picked up former best and fairest winner john Anstee from Wagga tigers, good to have around the club. Kids improving and a lot fitter. Not going to challenge the top 5 by any means but the future looks brighter with plenty more numbers at training over the summer. Lost a couple of key position players though.
Havnt lost anyone important

Have you lost KPP'S other than lumber ?

Last edited:
What about the 2 new teams coming in?
What would be the likely clubs to join? Even hypothetically if shepp east are to join i would back them to plays finals in mfl in there first year. I think it would be a pretty good move for shepp east to join the murray league anyway. Thoughts?

What would be the likely clubs to join? Even hypothetically if shepp east are to join i would back them to plays finals in mfl in there first year. I think it would be a pretty good move for shepp east to join the murray league anyway. Thoughts?
The latest rumour (4 days ago) is Congupna will be leaving the MFL and up to 3 others , Mul , Cobram and Finley into a newly formed league.
Apparently despite AFL Vic Country rules having deadlines which have expired for 2017 and despite the MFL clubs seemingly having little input into backroom meetings , including one as late as yesterday , assurance has been given it will be enforced .
The variation of the proposed clubs is quite humorous , actually a complete joke and I predict would see 3 perhaps 4, clubs fold within 3 years .
Same rumour by the same crew were being floated at PDFNL SE GF day , which the MFL were made aware of and instigated rumours of Congupna wanting to leave the MFL, which were confirmed as BS in the media.
It didnt get enough traction back then and many think the latest move which MFL are also going to be forced to sign , is to scare clubs into it and anything else in the future.
Hope MFL clubs are reading the fine print to what they are being asked to sign up to , once locked in your league has handed over complete control.

Last edited:
The latest rumour (4 days ago) is Congupna will be leaving the MFL and up to 3 others , Mul , Cobram and Finley into a newly formed league.
Apparently despite AFL Vic Country rules having deadlines which have expired for 2017 and despite the MFL clubs seemingly having little input into backroom meetings , including one as late as yesterday , assurance has been given it will be enforced .
The variation of the proposed clubs is quite humorous , actually a complete joke and I predict would see 3 perhaps 4, clubs fold within 3 years .
Same rumour by the same crew were being floated at PDFNL SE GF day , which the MFL were made aware of and instigated rumours of Congupna wanting to leave the MFL, which were confirmed as BS in the media.
It didnt get enough traction back then and many think the latest move which MFL are also going to be forced to sign , is to scare clubs into it and anything else in the future.
Hope MFL clubs are reading the fine print to what they are being asked to sign up to , once locked in your league has handed over complete control.
How did you manage to turn a question about which PDFNL clubs are linked to MFL into another essay of rumours directed at multiple MFL clubs? You spin as much BS as Gleeson. What makes you any better?

How did you manage to turn a question about which PDFNL clubs are linked to MFL into another essay of rumours directed at multiple MFL clubs? You spin as much BS as Gleeson. What makes you any better?

Roar has grassroots football at heart and our retaining some control of our destiny.

AFLGM and Gleeson absolutely do not.

This is about the hub seizing control. Roar will have the finger on the pulse.

You wiukd be naive to think the attack on pdfnl wasnt premeditated and well organised.

Why did pdfnl have such issues with reaching a negotiated outcome with the CCSp because we are the league they need to seize control of, break up so then they control the lot and the $$. Just watch fees rise year after year.

Divide, seize and conquer!

This should be sounding alarm bells with how they go about things and are totally unaccountable to anyone.

Is that what you want?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Road Runner was asking which PDFNL clubs were possibly looking to join MFL, not the other way around.

It's all relative though isn't it? Ins outs all effect final make up of whatever all leagues look like at the end of this take over bid?

Bit of transparency from AFLGM be nice but won't happen.

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/sp...s/news-story/772b90564f3def13fc0d90f700e1990d

This article highlights the control attitude of AFLGM. It appears the pdfnl clubs decide they would like a meeting of the clubs, pdfnl board and AFLGM . AFLGM say they will have meeting but the pdfnl board is not to attend. Unlike AFLGM the pdfnl is the elected representative of th clubs

What is AFLGM afraid of by refusing to allow the board at the meeting. At least then key points of contention can be properly debated in front of the clubs. Don't forget the CCSP has variances in every region. They try to make it sound like pdfnl are against everything.

Why eliminate the people who have researched the ramifications of the current set up of our regions CCSP on pdfnl clubs. Disallowing an opposing viewpoint to even be aired at a critical meeting is dictatorship.

Divide, seize & conquer!

This gets to the core of my concern. is this the type of behaviour we as country football clubs, no matter what league, are prepared to accept as ok and move forward with?

Last edited:
http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/sp...s/news-story/772b90564f3def13fc0d90f700e1990d

This article highlights the control attitude of AFLGM. It appears the pdfnl clubs decide they would like a meeting of the clubs, pdfnl board and AFLGM . AFLGM say they will have meeting but the pdfnl board is not to attend. Unlike AFLGM the pdfnl is the elected representative of th clubs

What is AFLGM afraid of by refusing to allow the board at the meeting. At least then key points of contention can be properly debated in front of the clubs. Don't forget the CCSP has variances in every region. They try to make it sound like pdfnl are against everything.

Why eliminate the people who have researched the ramifications of the current set up of our regions CCSP on pdfnl clubs. Disallowing an opposing viewpoint to even be aired at a critical meeting is dictatorship.

Divide, seize & conquer!

This gets to the core of my concern. is this the type of behaviour we as country football clubs, no matter what league, are prepared to accept as ok and move forward?
Strange behaviour from the AFLGM! Why would they not allow at the very least some representation from the elected PDFNL board? What have they got to hide? Who/What are they scared of? A missed opportunity to have all stakeholders present in one room. IMO The PDFNL board have done a great job with the league and should be there to represent the league with the members. No ifs, buts or maybes.

Just to dismiss any doubt, I don't beleive the MFL were in any way responsible for starting the rumours, re Congupna wanting to leave that were dismissed by media.

Rumba would be a chance to sneak into the finals wouldn't they?
Interesting debate on afl in the area. Coming from an old tunga league era, seems that league wasn't so bad after all. History says inver and wynghnu ( not tunga league ) in that area not to survive. Someone stuffed the rest?
The road, delusions of grandeur?
All blacks? All ? No answers for years.whipping boys of o&k a step lower.
I gather katandra dookie sheep east have controlled $ and gone ok.hats off to dookie as looked gone back in my day.
Mulwala traditionly had the best surface going. Not so last time I visited. Think someone there got a bit exited too?
It always seemed interesting that clubs left the TFNl when they couldn't win ( not even make g.f) and go to a bigger league? Didn't make sense
A bit picola but mfnl too.
I'd be carefull at sefnc.

Last edited:
Anyone going to have a crack at what teams will be around the Mark this year. A lot has changed.

Anyone going to have a crack at what teams will be around the Mark this year. A lot has changed.

Had a rough crack, not sure on fair few teams bit of an unknown but here's my predictions
Barooga 64
Nathalia 60
Moama 60
Numurkah 52
Echuca 44
Cobram 40

Mulwala 32
Deniliquin 24
Rumba 24
Tongala 16
Finley 12
Congupna 4
Tyrone downie to win league medal

Had a rough crack, not sure on fair few teams bit of an unknown but here's my predictions
Barooga 64
Nathalia 60
Moama 60
Numurkah 52
Echuca 44
Cobram 40

Mulwala 32
Deniliquin 24
Rumba 24
Tongala 16
Finley 12
Congupna 4
Tyrone downie to win league medal
Finley wpuld still have enough talent and kids coming through to finish that wouldn't they? Personally I think Rumba will be better and possibly Congupna as well I think 3 to 5 wins is possible for them. Alex Overs is pretty good when he is up and about while the Coach and a couple of recruits from Melbourne as said to be pretty handy as well. Time will tell.

Finley wpuld still have enough talent and kids coming through to finish that wouldn't they? Personally I think Rumba will be better and possibly Congupna as well I think 3 to 5 wins is possible for them. Alex Overs is pretty good when he is up and about while the Coach and a couple of recruits from Melbourne as said to be pretty handy as well. Time will tell.
I had Finley positioned there based on the limited numbers on the track, wasn't sure about the clubs like congupna and rumba, haven't heard much about a fair few teams. Just thought I'd get the ball rolling, And see what other people had for there predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back