Murray FL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illet, Jamieson, Ewing, Nyhuis, (4 of their best players) all gone, Dennis, Lovison (captain) Nevett, Pryde, Nexhip, Woods, T Van Roy Cowley boys all gone, Monigatti doubtful. And after the recent sacking of his father (Steve Hammond) from the undefeated premiership winning reserves i’d say Jack Hammond might also consider his GVFL options. Tonny might scrape into the top 6 but I don’t think they will be contenders in 2023.
A lot of names there but you’ve named some players that will be playing next year… And also named 2’s / depth players, Yes they’re a loss but with the numbers that Tonny have and given how strong there twos side is they’ll be fine depth wise. Riley Cowley would’ve only played 2 games and Nyhuis & Monaghetti not many more with about 5 or 6 games each for the year.

So really only 3 big losses really in illet, Jamison, Lovison. Have signed 4 players. Will finish top 4.

He was sacked, there’s a small off field group (not players) that wanted him gone. Jack wanted to be an assistant last year but the senior coach didn’t want him as he was still in Darwin playing and didn’t think he’d be able to put the time in. Very stiff to go through a year undefeated and win the flag and get the flick, very respected by the playing list. Huge mistake I believe.

Very liked & lovable bloke but he lost some of the playing group mid season from a coaching point of view. I think that would’ve been more of a factor in the decision to advertise and see what options pop up more so then a small group of off field people wanting him gone.

Very liked & lovable bloke but he lost some of the playing group mid season from a coaching point of view. I think that would’ve been more of a factor in the decision to advertise and see what options pop up more so then a small group of off field people wanting him gone.
The club chose to go with 2 local boys to coach the 2s I’d say the decided to go with that approach to keep majority of their playing group. In regards to the seniors it’s dependent on what happens with the senior coach but I’m suggesting mat Daniel could be potential replacement. I think the reason behind it was he may have the contacts through his old man if they needed to find some recruits.

A lot of names there but you’ve named some players that will be playing next year… And also named 2’s / depth players, Yes they’re a loss but with the numbers that Tonny have and given how strong there twos side is they’ll be fine depth wise. Riley Cowley would’ve only played 2 games and Nyhuis & Monaghetti not many more with about 5 or 6 games each for the year.

So really only 3 big losses really in illet, Jamison, Lovison. Have signed 4 players. Will finish top 4.
What about McLean? I heard he was hanging them up, he got in there best 9 times for the year. Will be a big loss if he isn’t there. Tonny seemed to have lost a lot of experience at this stage, hard to replace.

What about McLean? I heard he was hanging them up, he got in there best 9 times for the year. Will be a big loss if he isn’t there. Tonny seemed to have lost a lot of experience at this stage, hard to replace.
Mclean is playing at Tongala again I heard he was keen on Country Football and went to Shepp United with a mate and didn't real get the experience but got it in spades at Tonny with the Community feel and big crowds and is back onboard again. 99% confident my mail is right.

Illet, Jamieson, Ewing, Nyhuis, (4 of their best players) all gone, Dennis, Lovison (captain) Nevett, Pryde, Nexhip, Woods, T Van Roy Cowley boys all gone, Monigatti doubtful. And after the recent sacking of his father (Steve Hammond) from the undefeated premiership winning reserves i’d say Jack Hammond might also consider his GVFL options. Tonny might scrape into the top 6 but I don’t think they will be contenders in 2023.

Jack Hammond moving back back to his home town and will he playing there (Cobden)

Moama’s list building with the signing of both Jack Sheldon and Brad Edwards from Kyabram I believe!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few new friends in 2023???

The Shepp News website has today posted an update article on the Picola-AFLV standoff.

The Facebook posts attached to the post hinted at a potential Murray FL Division 2 for any clubs that moved out of the PDFNL. Given the number of teams mentioned in the above posts, maybe that idea is not an impossibility?

I heard that there’s some local moama people/players that aren’t to happy with so many inclusions from Kyabram.

Surly not, most of them are from the echcua moama area apart from probably 3 or 4 of them.

Well played Aucklander- let’s get the next season up and about.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Righto I will help out Bootz36- The Drums seem to be beating at Congupna with some gun recruits are they the favs to Win the Premiership at this early stage? haven't Won one for about 30 years. Plenty went right for Mulwala to Win it at the right time and it looks like they've lost a few out to Tungamah while the other Grand Finalist Cobram have had an exodus. Tonny have also lost quite a few so maybe it's Moama who are 2nd favourites.

Last edited:
Righto I will help out Bootz36- The Drums seem to be beating at Congupna with some gun recruits are they the favs to Win the Premiership at this early stage? haven't Won one for about 30 years. Plenty went right for Mulwala to Win it at the right time and it looks like they've lost a few out to Tungamah while the other Grand Finalist Cobram have had an exodus. Tonny have also lost quite a few so maybe it's Moama who are 2nd favourites.

Who have the Road picked up to be now premiership faves?

Who have the Road picked up to be now premiership faves?
Ex- Shepparton United players Norman and Cavallaro who played key roles for Altona in the Premiership this Season, BJ Squires star mid back for another stint, pulled a guy from the VAFA with the surname Nash, Sam Poole ex United and prominent District League player, Matty Di Bella ex United Mid as well there might be another couple. They got pipped by 5 points in the first week of the finals this year and had some good wins throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back