Murray FL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most leagues have some sort of issues.... as you should know. Maybe this is a change that will be beneficial to all clubs if it comes to fruition
Well aware , just think it’s not a great precedent for a league to try to be driving change in other leagues . Doesn’t bode well for future relationships and well beyond those current involved .

Well aware , just think it’s not a great precedent for a league to try to be driving change in other leagues . Doesn’t bode well for future relationships and well beyond those current involved .
As I said they're being proactive in a declining time in country footy. They can only ask the question its up to the clubs in the other league to decide what they want to do.
If theres a majority will said league make it hard for clubs to leave??

In
Perfe

Perfect example of how quickly junior things Violet Town in 2018 had 8 Junior players registered for 1 Junior Grade 4 seasons later and we have 78 Juniors registered and potentially looking at finding a home for another Junior Football team to fill the gaps between auskick and 14s and being able to field all Junior netball grades for the first time since Joining the KDL
Perfe

Perfect example of how quickly junior things Violet Town in 2018 had 8 Junior players registered for 1 Junior Grade 4 seasons later and we have 78 Juniors registered and potentially looking at finding a home for another Junior Football team to fill the gaps between auskick and 14s and being able to field all Junior netball grades for the first time since Joining the KDL
In all fairness though the violet town example is a good illustration in the troubles facing local footy. This is not a criticism of violet town by any stretch but at junior players have crossed this season from Euroa’s junior program and not all of them were violet town locals. All that says to me is that there maybe aren’t enough junior players to sustain all the competitions currently fielding teams.

I'm thinking the cap would be lower but dunno about what points would be on offer - probably similar to what they are used to now.

I would like to see tiered points based on ladder positions come in - the more leagues that push to implement it, the better.
Punishing teams with lower points only weakens the league overall. Imagine winning a flag then having to tell some of your players they have to leave because they’re on reduced points. We need to encourage participation, not inhibit. The points system and salary cap in minor leagues should be scrapped imo. Salary Cap isn’t enforced properly anyway.

As far as I’ve heard it’ll be up to each each club as to what division they’ll play, out of current league I think only Tocumwal and Rumbalara may shift.

Punishing teams with lower points only weakens the league overall. Imagine winning a flag then having to tell some of your players they have to leave because they’re on reduced points. We need to encourage participation, not inhibit. The points system and salary cap in minor leagues should be scrapped imo. Salary Cap isn’t enforced properly anyway.

As far as I’ve heard it’ll be up to each each club as to what division they’ll play, out of current league I think only Tocumwal and Rumbalara may shift.
Which of the current Picola sides could realistically jump up and remain there long term?genuine question as I don’t know enough about that league. If Rumba and Toc dropped out then they’d need two stepping in. Short term I can see it working but ultimately the Picola teams are smaller towns than most Murray league outfits and would probably struggle to maintain competitiveness in the long term wouldn’t they?

Which of the current Picola sides could realistically jump up and remain there long term?genuine question as I don’t know enough about that league. If Rumba and Toc dropped out then they’d need two stepping in. Short term I can see it working but ultimately the Picola teams are smaller towns than most Murray league outfits and would probably struggle to maintain competitiveness in the long term wouldn’t they?
No I don’t think there needs to be any clubs step up to fill the gap, when I first heard about it there was 8 clubs interested in the move from outside the MFL, so they thought if two drop back there’d be 10 in the second division leaving 11 in the original league. But obviously things will change as other clubs become interested/disinterested. I feel like if three teams leave the KDL, a few more might jump ship

In

In all fairness though the violet town example is a good illustration in the troubles facing local footy. This is not a criticism of violet town by any stretch but at junior players have crossed this season from Euroa’s junior program and not all of them were violet town locals. All that says to me is that there maybe aren’t enough junior players to sustain all the competitions currently fielding teams.
Only 3 of the Euroa Kids that crossed over aren't connected to the Violet Town club through where they live or Family already involved they just haven't had the opportunities age wise until Under 18s with No competition previously for them.

No I don’t think there needs to be any clubs step up to fill the gap, when I first heard about it there was 8 clubs interested in the move from outside the MFL, so they thought if two drop back there’d be 10 in the second division leaving 11 in the original league. But obviously things will change as other clubs become interested/disinterested. I feel like if three teams leave the KDL, a few more might jump ship
If considering regional restructure - Finley and the Rams ( Northern based comp ) , Tonny ( Ky District ) and Congupna ( Shepp District) should be up for consideration .

This isn’t how it has worked this season i the PDFNL with the variable points

Has there been any pre-requisite stated that any team wishing to enter the proposed new league must have the full number of football and netball teams, as I noticed a couple of the KDFNL clubs rumoured to be expressing interest/in discussion do not currently meet this criteria and therefore any other club (PDFNL especially) looking to get on board for the benefit and betterment of their juniors and aiming for a full compliment of matches surely must be raising and addressing this issue?

I'd say a PDFNL employee being quoted as calling an official from MFL delusional doesn't bode well for future relationships either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The comment may be aimed at the league, not the official ...

Picola District league operations manager Shane Railton said he was aware of the Murray league meeting with PD clubs.

Railton believes the Murray league’s intention to form a new league didn’t have “much legs” going forward.

“We understand the Murray league are trying to form a second league, but we’ve got no interest in it,” Railton said.

“I think they are pretty delusional; I don’t think playing in a second division competition is attractive for any club.

“I find his comments about the sole purpose to form this competition is to accommodate one club, being Tocumwal, a very unique response.”

Hearing there’s a big inclusion for Tonny tomorrow, the best u/18 in the land expected to be having what might be his last game for Tonny for a while.

I think he is with Essendon next week.

How did Harley go today does anyone know? I was up at Pimpinio watching them against Rainbow- Jeparit.
Tongala was trying to keep his selection on the low down for obvious reasons! Great that the young fella is as keen as mustard to play with them as often as allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How did Harley go today does anyone know? I was up at Pimpinio watching them against Rainbow- Jeparit.
Tongala was trying to keep his selection on the low down for obvious reasons! Great that the young fella is as keen as mustard to play with them as often as allowed.

BOG and kicked 3...

He had 31 possessions, 3 goals, 7 fend offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back