Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

New signing at Moama. Jordan McGregor from Shepp Bears. Has pace to burn, will cut apart the comp up and down the wing at Moama Rec Reserve. Genuine star and genuine O’Dwyer smokey. Came for the love of the club, heard he’s getting next to no cash either. Great to see and big for the mowers

Based on recruits, a rough ladder prediction, anyone else done one? Top 3 a fair bit ahead I believe, Finley, deni and Cobram similar to each other. Haven’t heard much about the next 4 but think rumba and Echuca may struggle but again haven’t much in them either

Congupna
Mul
Moama

Finley
Deni
Cobram

Nathalia
Numurkah
Barooga
Tonny

Echuca
Rumba

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Based on recruits, a rough ladder prediction, anyone else done one? Top 3 a fair bit ahead I believe, Finley, deni and Cobram similar to each other. Haven’t heard much about the next 4 but think rumba and Echuca may struggle but again haven’t much in them either

Congupna
Mul
Moama

Finley
Deni
Cobram

Nathalia
Numurkah
Barooga
Tonny

Echuca
Rumba

unreal hey ,, back in my days be it the 70s and 80s the Murray league only has Deni, Finley, Nathalia, Cobram and Numurkah still in . Gone are Berrigan , Tocumwal, Jerilderie and Strathy,,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy was born in 1967 ,, and in 1985 at 18 years of age he kicked 135 goals for Jerilderie ,, unreal faet at such a young age
135 in the home and away season,, kivcked another 12 in the 2 finals games= 148 ,, he kicked 6 0f the 9 goals Jerilderie scored in the grand final loss to Deniliquin.. As a 18 year old ,, thats impressive

Yes, I was at the Mulwala practice match this weekend just gone. They looked very strong despite the younger side. Possible contender this year.... Kyle Abikhair was very dominate, unsure whether his planning on playing for Mulwala or Yarrawonga in the O&MFL
Why don't you ask yourself where you are playing Kyle?

After a bit of advice boys, just wandering is cobram or Narooma a better ground to watch footy at. I don’t think I can get up to watch them play each other this year but want to plan a golf trip around a good game of footy at the better ground. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
After a bit of advice boys, just wandering is cobram or Narooma a better ground to watch footy at. I don’t think I can get up to watch them play each other this year but want to plan a golf trip around a good game of footy at the better ground. Any suggestions?
If in your shoes olly the date I’d be organising would be the moama vs Cobram clash on the 15th of June IMO a better ground to watch footy the ground being smaller you are closer to the action good seating also ,just a better all round venue

Intriguing (frustrating) comment by an umpire to a player after the practice game between Tongala and Lockington. The player was slung tackled and concussed so will miss the next 3 weekends. The umpire said “If this was a regular home and away season I would have reported him.”
Former playing coach pointed out to the umpire the injustice of that indecision as the player who made the sling tackle will be playing the next few weeks… meanwhile the other player sits out.

Intriguing (frustrating) comment by an umpire to a player after the practice game between Tongala and Lockington. The player was slung tackled and concussed so will miss the next 3 weekends. The umpire said “If this was a regular home and away season I would have reported him.”
Former playing coach pointed out to the umpire the injustice of that indecision as the player who made the sling tackle will be playing the next few weeks… meanwhile the other player sits out.

Sad thing is the umpire is the only one being paid but has fallen short of his duty.

Pretty average mate ! Who won by the way ?

Understand the frustration boots, but it brings up a couple of interesting points .
Is more than 3 weeks going to be given to anyone who is involved in an incident which sees a player concussed from now on ?
Who’d hear the tribunal ? Not sanctioned by any league and clubs from differing regions .

Last edited:
Understand the frustration boots, but it brings up a couple of interesting points .
Is more than 3 weeks going to be given to anyone who is involved in an incident which sees a player concussed from now on ?
Who’d hear the tribunal ? Not sanctioned by any league and clubs from differing regions .

Agree Roar, lots of food for thought and discussion on sites like this.
I have been contacted officially by an umpires rep to discuss this incident which was comforting in knowing there have been some learnings from this that will no doubt be discussed among umpires. I bet you if there is a similar incident in the upcoming practice matches this weekend (Lancaster vs Lockington for example) the infringing player will be sent from the ground at least!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back