Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

Nathalia to lose a few from premiership side. Vallender to Benalla, Nath Gemmill overseas, Parker ? maybe stay in Melbourne.

Numurkah Mark Brown gone, Chips McCartney to coach.

Cobram still looking for a coach

Rumba Hickmont on board should see them push for finals

Congupna Hampshire to coach and bring a few from Shepp.

Mulwala Kennedy to go around again, trying to entice Cooper across

Can Someone Please Tell Me If Robert Lamberti Is Still Playing For Mulwala. I Watched Him Play While He Was At Moonee Valley In The Edfl And The Guy Is The Best Player I Have Seen At Local Level.

I Remember One Game He Kicked Over 20 Goals Against Taylors Lakes

BLUEBOY1 said:
Can Someone Please Tell Me If Robert Lamberti Is Still Playing For Mulwala. I Watched Him Play While He Was At Moonee Valley In The Edfl And The Guy Is The Best Player I Have Seen At Local Level.

I Remember One Game He Kicked Over 20 Goals Against Taylors Lakes

Yeah played this year kicked 80 goals for the season

hank1 said:
Whats news in the Murray League
Recruits, how the new clubs will fare etc.
Hampshire (new coach of Congupna) has been making a few phone calls to some of the Shepp 2's, but nothing to report as yet. Obvious targets have been Jacques (ex Congupna captain) and Mason - this guy would be a regular senior player in most GV sides, but has had niggling injuries over the past year or two.

It's a tough ask if Congupna think he's going to 'rape' his old club of all their good fringe players, but Trav is a top bloke and I hope he can get some decent players to at least make The Road competitive. They've been down long enough and deserve some time in the sun as the committee out there work their butts off. Not to mention long time players like Matty Hodgetts who have stuck with them during these times.

My tip for 2006 (and this is very, very early to be making such predictions) is Mulwala. Deni seem to have lost their dominance this year, and Nathalia sound as though they are losing a few. Mulwala on the other hand appear to be keeping their squad together, and Kea Kennedy is keen to pick up another two or three quality players if possible.

With his GV connections, don't be surprised if Mulwala start their recruiting in that area.

Will Wrenny be going around with Barooga again in 2006?

Duff Man said:
Hampshire (new coach of Congupna) has been making a few phone calls to some of the Shepp 2's, but nothing to report as yet. Obvious targets have been Jacques (ex Congupna captain) and Mason - this guy would be a regular senior player in most GV sides, but has had niggling injuries over the past year or two.

It's a tough ask if Congupna think he's going to 'rape' his old club of all their good fringe players, but Trav is a top bloke and I hope he can get some decent players to at least make The Road competitive. They've been down long enough and deserve some time in the sun as the committee out there work their butts off. Not to mention long time players like Matty Hodgetts who have stuck with them during these times.

My tip for 2006 (and this is very, very early to be making such predictions) is Mulwala. Deni seem to have lost their dominance this year, and Nathalia sound as though they are losing a few. Mulwala on the other hand appear to be keeping their squad together, and Kea Kennedy is keen to pick up another two or three quality players if possible.

With his GV connections, don't be surprised if Mulwala start their recruiting in that area.

Deni have some really good kids coming through the thirds this year, some of them will step up, Echuca United are hot on the recruiting trail apparantley they have plenty of money and are going to spend it.

Duff Man said:

Mason etc...are a big chance of landing at Numurkah with Tyrone Bradley

Guy Campbell has signed as assistant coach of Echuca United

Doona2 said:
Will Wrenny be going around with Barooga again in 2006?

Big whisper is that he'll end up back at Tungamah to finish his career.

centreman said:

Looking to finish his career already, is several former Euroa team mates still there for 2006? Does his little brother Tom play at Tungamah also?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doona2 said:
Looking to finish his career already, is several former Euroa team mates still there for 2006? Does his little brother Tom play at Tungamah also?

Sure does

centreman said:
yep he is coming back. first i play out at tungamah and at the grand final after party he was there and had a chat to him and asked if he is coming back and he said yep!! which is good news. i have never seen him play but can anyone tell if he is good or bad?? his brother tom is a freak though, one of the best pack mark i have ever seen in country footy

dazzledavey36 said:
yep he is coming back. first i play out at tungamah and at the grand final after party he was there and had a chat to him and asked if he is coming back and he said yep!! which is good news. i have never seen him play but can anyone tell if he is good or bad?? his brother tom is a freak though, one of the best pack mark i have ever seen in country footy
You're going to be pretty happy when you see Rob mark a ball then. This is probably for another thread, but if Tungamah don't lose many players, and add R. Wren in, they're going to be very hard to beat in 2006.

dazzledavey36 said:

You reckon Tommy can mark, wait to you see Rob. Pound for pound a brilliant footballer, smart, uses the ball well and is tough, not dirty bu will wear one for his team if need be. Tungamah has landed the recruit of 2006 if you ask me. Do us a favour dazzler, tell him Doona says hello.

Doona2 said:
You reckon Tommy can mark, wait to you see Rob. Pound for pound a brilliant footballer, smart, uses the ball well and is tough, not dirty bu will wear one for his team if need be. Tungamah has landed the recruit of 2006 if you ask me. Do us a favour dazzler, tell him Doona says hello.

so im guessing u know him doona? he is a top bloke when i spoked to him, very easy going. he is a huge bugger though!!

dazzledavey36 said:
so im guessing u know him doona? he is a top bloke when i spoked to him, very easy going. he is a huge bugger though!!

He lived in Broady for a bit, played cricket here and was a great fella to have around the club. Unfortunately the local football club didn't paint a great picture so they never landed him. He said the couple of BFNC people who went out to visit didn't impress him much.

Guy Campbell no certainty to front up with United as he has been invited down to Melbourne to do pre season. Would be a big set back for them if he got thrown a lifeline

hank1 said:
Guy Campbell no certainty to front up with United as he has been invited down to Melbourne to do pre season. Would be a big set back for them if he got thrown a lifeline

He decided not to pursue training in Melb, as he is sick of all the hype, if someone wants to draft him they can,but he decided not to train in melb.

Guy has nominated for the draft, he has had some interest from clubs in Melbourne. At 23, there is a slim chance he might be picked up, but if he doesn't he will definitely be wearing the Eagles jumper in 2006.

Does anyone know whether spear head Michael Darcy from the Cygnet football club is thinking of signing with a club in the Murry comp?

hank1 said:

what club has he been training for hank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back