Murray Football League (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League - Part 2

Yeah true that. I don't think they should go down that path again. They would probably be better off fostering their younger blokes who stood up well this year and maybe get a couple of key players who aren't going to be so pricey. Is Stevens still living on the lake?
Yeah Michael is still living over in Mul.

Toc are chasing both Bull Atkinson and Lucas White possibly to co-coach the bloods for next year. Both Leeroy and Whitey are filthy with the shepp news over the way they used there words in the article yesterday! Leeroy "midget" Warnett said he is keen to stay at Toc next year he is just waiting for them to appoint a coach but they never put that in the article.

Yeah Michael is still living over in Mul.

Toc are chasing both Bull Atkinson and Lucas White possibly to co-coach the bloods for next year. Both Leeroy and Whitey are filthy with the shepp news over the way they used there words in the article yesterday! Leeroy "midget" Warnett said he is keen to stay at Toc next year he is just waiting for them to appoint a coach but they never put that in the article.

Looks like Toc may be looking ok in 2009, If the rumours are true on the players they are recruiting. A few quality GV players names have been thrown around.
Bull to be named as coach shortly too!

Looks like Toc may be looking ok in 2009, If the rumours are true on the players they are recruiting. A few quality GV players names have been thrown around.

Names thrown around and players that pull on the jumper round 1 are two different stories. Its a long silly season....

They were expected to play finals this year but ended up a fair way off, but in saying that I am sure they learnt a lot from this year and will be right in the mix as you say.

John McNamara named as coach of the Hawks. All I can say is good luck as he has very big shoes to fill. Comes with plenty of experience so hopefully that will be passed on to the boys!

John McNamara named as coach of the Hawks. All I can say is good luck as he has very big shoes to fill. Comes with plenty of experience so hopefully that will be passed on to the boys!

The same John McNamara that got derigistered this year only to get it overturned on appeal? Is he playing or non-playing, if playing one report and thats it for life I believe.
Can play and big unit, has had a chequered past though, think he was drafted at 10 in the first draft and rated as good as Carey at the time.

The same John McNamara that got derigistered this year only to get it overturned on appeal? Is he playing or non-playing, if playing one report and thats it for life I believe.
Can play and big unit, has had a chequered past though, think he was drafted at 10 in the first draft and rated as good as Carey at the time.

No wrong bloke. This John McNamara coached Wang Rovers last few years. Some sucess with Wang 3rds and Ass. Coach of the Murray Bushrangers. Should bring some Wang boys across with him. Astute signing.

No wrong bloke. This John McNamara coached Wang Rovers last few years. Some sucess with Wang 3rds and Ass. Coach of the Murray Bushrangers. Should bring some Wang boys across with him. Astute signing.

Thanks for clearing that up Hand Grenade

They were expected to play finals this year but ended up a fair way off, but in saying that I am sure they learnt a lot from this year and will be right in the mix as you say.
Yeah fair way off Toc!! But Hank1 Me think you have the right idea playing all your young bloke's instead of trying to buy player's!!! you only lost to Barooga buy ten or so point's I think???? Bring up the young Tonny boy's and they will be like Nathaila!
\

Yeah fair way off Toc!! But Hank1 Me think you have the right idea playing all your young bloke's instead of trying to buy player's!!! you only lost to Barooga buy ten or so point's I think???? Bring up the young Tonny boy's and they will be like Nathaila!
\

2 big signings by Numerkah In Heath Barton and Mark Baker from the Shepp Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm back baby!

Some very interesting reading while I've been away. Good to see my old mate Jason remembered me standing behind the goals when I was younger (by the way the wife/sister is doing well), what a knob! Where does he get off? While Crawf is a star. I'll trump you with the legendary Francis Bourke.

Drugs and calf's blood? Thanks for letting that one out of the bag b_h! Big thank you however to Ryan's Abbies for all they've done for us over the years.

Point of interest: The GF was the first time that the 21 players that lined up for us had ever played together. Our strongest team for the year.

Someone mentioned 20 of our blokes earlier on and said the forgot one. Well that bloke is the remarkably skilled evergreen Anthony Ross. What a fantastic team player that can quite easily be over looked.
As Hank said in his post match address after being knocked out of the finals race, "They were just too good, no one can match Barnes and even that number 11 guy slipped under our gaurds." (Along those lines, it was a while ago).

As for the money issue, where do I start? We did pay them alot less than what their worth.(AGM is on tonight and the Treasurer's Report will be handed out). Sucked in to all the clubs that spend up big. Bloody Sporties Club with their pokies.
Tucky makes alot of valid points in this area. Go Tonny, on the right track with playing local youth.

With our reign looking like it might finish, with some departures happening. I hope Tongala beat Barooga in the '09 GF. With Nathalia to rebuild and get back up there in a couple of years time, the way all country clubs should do it. It must be frustrating for the supporters of some clubs like the Yo-Yo's (MFC) or the Constant Losers (BFC).

Money can't buy you the joy that our local boys experianced.

We don't buy them. We breed them.

I am interested to hear the thoughts of our friend from Moama, Kards1, on how he thought his team went this season and how they'll go next year. You were pretty chirpy through the pre-season and bobbed up a couple of times during the year, but it's been a while! How about you enlighten us?

what is damian ocallahan like as a footballer from Barooga?
as honest as the day is long. Slowing up a bit in his old age but still able to contribute considerably each and every week. Was almost not going to play in 08 but convinced him to go again, especially after coming off being the Player of the finals series in 07. Relinquished the captaincy this year after serving in that position for a couple of years. Dual Best and fairest winner with the club. Great player but an even greater person!!!
Rumour mill up this way is that Cobram have signed an ex-Collingwood player. Surname of Cole so putting two and two together, if true, would be Richard Cole ex Collingwood/Essendon player. Not sure of substance to it but thought it was worth mentioning. JamesHirdy might be able to elaborate.:confused:
PurpleSaint, great to see you guys still gloating. Maybe you shouldve stayed away!!!

as honest as the day is long. Slowing up a bit in his old age but still able to contribute considerably each and every week. Was almost not going to play in 08 but convinced him to go again, especially after coming off being the Player of the finals series in 07. Relinquished the captaincy this year after serving in that position for a couple of years. Dual Best and fairest winner with the club. Great player but an even greater person!!!
Rumour mill up this way is that Cobram have signed an ex-Collingwood player. Surname of Cole so putting two and two together, if true, would be Richard Cole ex Collingwood/Essendon player. Not sure of substance to it but thought it was worth mentioning. JamesHirdy might be able to elaborate.:confused:
PurpleSaint, great to see you guys still gloating. Maybe you shouldve stayed away!!!

Richard Cole?? indiginous player that also played at the bombers...

I know of a club that spoke to Cole and a mate and they are asking $2000 a game each.How does a country club find that cash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back