Murray Football League (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League - Part 2

Here's an updated list of each club's coaches for next season. Has Tocumwal appointed a coach yet, toquick?

Coaches for 2009:
Moama: Shannon Keam/Luke Eldridge
Barooga: John McNamara
Nathalia: Nathan Trimby
Rumbalara: Mark O'Meara
Tongala: Daryl Harrison
Numurkah: Chris O'Dwyer
Deniliquin Rams: Gary Parsons
Cobram: Jason Kerr
Tocumwal: Anthony Mellington? Bull Atkinson?
Mulwala: Nathan Parker
Echuca United: Duane Hueston
Congupna: Travis Hampshire
Finley: Simon Kenny

Still pending at this stage, Bull is 75% i'm told. Lee Warnett and Lucas White are both Ass coaches.

Barooga
Ins: John McNamara
Outs:

Cobram
Ins:
Outs:

Congupna
Ins: Heath Barton
Outs:

Deniliquin Rams
Ins:
Outs:

Echuca United
Ins:
Outs:

Finley
Ins: Simon Kenny
Outs:

Moama
Ins:
Outs: Djaran Whyman, Cameron McCabe, Ross Sleight, John Harley, Scott Lobb, Jamie Lobb, Troy Gread, Andrew Pettigrove

Mulwala
Ins:
Outs:

Nathalia
Ins:
Outs: Troy Snelson, Marc Quarrell, Matt Davies

Numurkah
Ins: Mark Baker
Outs: Linc Wellington

Rumbalara
Ins:
Outs:

Tocumwal
Ins: Lucas White, Glenn Dundovic,
Outs: Michael Wheatly,

Tongala
Ins:
Outs:

Add to Nathalia's outs Barnes, im told he is heading over to play with Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL.

Still pending at this stage, Bull is 75% i'm told. Lee Warnett and Lucas White are both Ass coaches.

Atkinson being pursued by Echuca and Barooga as well and believe it is evenly split between all three! Barnes also still in the mix to stay in region in either Murray or GV leagues

Saw in the weekend's Border that Derek Murray has gone to Culcairn. Any of the Rumba boys confirm this? Is this considered a major loss for the club as he had an interrupted season this year? Not much happening up this end of the line. Pre season kicks off on Friday 28th of November for all those interested,

haven't heard anything but not surprised and we won't be letting him go for nothing!

haven't heard anything but not surprised and we won't be letting him go for nothing!

What do you mean u won't be letting him go for nothing boora?
transfer fee or;
letting him go for a reason?

Atkinson being pursued by Echuca and Barooga as well and believe it is evenly split between all three! Barnes also still in the mix to stay in region in either Murray or GV leagues

Any clubs in particular in the mix for Barnes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't do that, can you? I thought if you knock him back from being cleared three times, it will go to the tribunal and it will be approved there.

There are new rules for clearances.
Should stop clubs dragging to clearance process out

For the information of all clubs, the following is a basic
outline of the new system to be adopted Australia wide.
New transfer forms are to be used in 2009
After lodgement of transfer, clubs have 6 clear
business days to respond
Failing to respond within 6 clear business
days, the transfer occurs automatically
A refusal can only occur when clubs can
Substantiate the player is
Contracted to the club and/or
Indebted to the club ($100 or more)
and/or
In possession of club property
Wishes to withdraw transfer
Application (conditions apply)
Clubs can sign as many players as they like to
One year contracts.
A maximum of 15 players can be signed to
Multiyear agreements.
No player can be contracted for a period longer
Than three years.
All contracts expire on the 31st October in
The year the contract ceases.
No player under suspension by the League can
Transfer until the suspension has been
Completed.

depends on how bad culcairn want him i surpose :D i am sure that we will work it out with Dek if he wants to play there.

depends on how bad culcairn want him i surpose :D i am sure that we will work it out with Dek if he wants to play there.

how highly do you blokes at rumba rate him boora? one would think he would be on a fair $$ but in the 2 games i seen him play this year i would be able to count his kicks from both games on one hand. would rumba be better off spending there money on a different player?

hey boora,

i hear that rumba are losing quite afew from this years team?

i hear that jackson has gone back to south aust, now derek murray and what about rupert betheras?

i heard that clint edwards, tom higgins, dylan kerr, darren turner, brady cooper are leaving. add rex taylor, corey wanganeen (BENDIGO), jamie atkinson, brad firebrace and afew others, looks like you guys will struggle this year.

hey boora,

i hear that rumba are losing quite afew from this years team?

i hear that jackson has gone back to south aust, now derek murray and what about rupert betheras?

i heard that clint edwards, tom higgins, dylan kerr, darren turner, brady cooper are leaving. add rex taylor, corey wanganeen (BENDIGO), jamie atkinson, brad firebrace and afew others, looks like you guys will struggle this year.

Where are Dylan Kerr and Darren Turner going mate?

Yes Jonny Jackson's gone back to SA, and we probably won't have derick or Rupurt next year. Now Derick was missing for the second half of the season and Rupert only played the first six games. Clinton Edwards only played what, about 6-7 games last season because of injury and they were at the ass end of the season as well. If these above mentioned boys were all fit (physically and mentally) They'ed all be guns and would walk into any senior team they wanted to. But after the season we've just had I'd (only my opinion) probably miss Rupert and Clinton the most. Not only because i know how good they are when they're fit, but also because they don't stir s**t and don't have any baggage. . . . . Jamie Atkinson won't be going anywhere, and Brad Firebrace moved to melbourne but will travel every weekend to play with us As for Tommy, Dillion, D.T, Corey and Brady i don't know. But i'm thinking it's only early in the "silly season" and anything could happen. What i do know is we've got a good coach at the wheel for his second consecutive season(first time since joining the MFL), a great core group of players who know what to expect from him and more importantly now know what to ask of them selves if they want to be competitive in the MFL.
. . . . . .Aaaannd that Rexy Taylors probably gonna go to the Echuca Bombers next year.
but i'm sure there will some kind of annoucment before next season about our chances because of the recruits we pick up. . . . .So i'm not worried. But i've learnt not to beleive anything untill the balls bounced.

Yes Jonny Jackson's gone back to SA, and we probably won't have derick or Rupurt next year. Now Derick was missing for the second half of the season and Rupert only played the first six games. Clinton Edwards only played what, about 6-7 games last season because of injury and they were at the ass end of the season as well. If these above mentioned boys were all fit (physically and mentally) They'ed all be guns and would walk into any senior team they wanted to. But after the season we've just had I'd (only my opinion) probably miss Rupert and Clinton the most. Not only because i know how good they are when they're fit, but also because they don't stir s**t and don't have any baggage. . . . . Jamie Atkinson won't be going anywhere, and Brad Firebrace moved to melbourne but will travel every weekend to play with us As for Tommy, Dillion, D.T, Corey and Brady i don't know. But i'm thinking it's only early in the "silly season" and anything could happen. What i do know is we've got a good coach at the wheel for his second consecutive season(first time since joining the MFL), a great core group of players who know what to expect from him and more importantly now know what to ask of them selves if they want to be competitive in the MFL.
. . . . . .Aaaannd that Rexy Taylors probably gonna go to the Echuca Bombers next year.
but i'm sure there will some kind of annoucment before next season about our chances because of the recruits we pick up. . . . .So i'm not worried. But i've learnt not to beleive anything untill the balls bounced.

i think bendigo bombers. i think rupert will be back again, i reckon tommy, nung, dylan and corey will stay. we had 6 kids from the u/17's play 1's this year and add a couple of young lads coming back from gv clubs and a half dozen potential recruits we are speaking too and we will be fine.

i don't know about d.t or brady and i am sure that we wil be speaking to dek in the next couple of weeks.

i think bendigo bombers. i think rupert will be back again, i reckon tommy, nung, dylan and corey will stay. we had 6 kids from the u/17's play 1's this year and add a couple of young lads coming back from gv clubs and a half dozen potential recruits we are speaking too and we will be fine.

i don't know about d.t or brady and i am sure that we wil be speaking to dek in the next couple of weeks.
I can almost guarantee Rex and Corey won't be at Rumbalara next season. Although you guys should still be right up there in 2009.

As i said i reckon Rex will go, but Corey should stay on, there's definatly enough incentive for him tom anyway.

Fair chance to see chicken stay on . his mum is now the senior netball coach . all the wanganeens at the one club for the first time in a couple of years . All the best , sorely missed at united

Fair chance to see chicken stay on . his mum is now the senior netball coach . all the wanganeens at the one club for the first time in a couple of years . All the best , sorely missed at united
Yep spoke to him last night. He was a very high chance to play elsewhere, but will now be a definite starter at Rumbalara next season.

Yep spoke to him last night. He was a very high chance to play elsewhere, but will now be a definite starter at Rumbalara next season.

Just heard Col Durie will be playing in the murray league next year. Can someone fill me in where he's playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back