Murray Football League (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League - Part 2

Just heard Col Durie will be playing in the murray league next year. Can someone fill me in where he's playing?
Think you've been told a lie, its reported in todays shepp news that he is heading back to Sea Lake to play with some mates as a reunion type thing will only be there for a year and then back to echuca

Just heard Col Durie will be playing in the murray league next year. Can someone fill me in where he's playing?
Yeah what bystanding_backman said. I think you may have got the two MFL's mixed up: Murray Football League & Mallee Football League.

See Ryan Butler has been connected with Shep Utd. With Snelson going to the Swans, hopefully this will see arguably the best midfield going around this area weaken and give the rest of sides a bit of a chance to win the ball out of the middle!!! The Hawks are losing Rowan O'Callaghan, who has taken on the role of coach at Worona???? in the Central Murray. Hope he goes well as he is a great bloke and a very handy footballer to boot! Kieran Hill, Tyron's brother, is going us from SA. Absolute monster, stands about 6 6 and built like the proverbial. Very versatile as well being able to play key position back or forward!!!:) Just another reminder to all that are interested that PRE-SEASON TRAINING STARTS THIS FRIDAY, 6PM AT THE BAROOGA RECREATION RESERVE! Hope to see all those current and new players there!!! Cheers

See Ryan Butler has been connected with Shep Utd. With Snelson going to the Swans, hopefully this will see arguably the best midfield going around this area weaken and give the rest of sides a bit of a chance to win the ball out of the middle!!! The Hawks are losing Rowan O'Callaghan, who has taken on the role of coach at Worona???? in the Central Murray. Hope he goes well as he is a great bloke and a very handy footballer to boot! Kieran Hill, Tyron's brother, is going us from SA. Absolute monster, stands about 6 6 and built like the proverbial. Very versatile as well being able to play key position back or forward!!!:) Just another reminder to all that are interested that PRE-SEASON TRAINING STARTS THIS FRIDAY, 6PM AT THE BAROOGA RECREATION RESERVE! Hope to see all those current and new players t
here!!! Cheers

worraneen (not sure on the spelling) . it's between swan hill and nyah west .

See Ryan Butler has been connected with Shep Utd. With Snelson going to the Swans, hopefully this will see arguably the best midfield going around this area weaken and give the rest of sides a bit of a chance to win the ball out of the middle!!! The Hawks are losing Rowan O'Callaghan, who has taken on the role of coach at Worona???? in the Central Murray. Hope he goes well as he is a great bloke and a very handy footballer to boot! Kieran Hill, Tyron's brother, is going us from SA. Absolute monster, stands about 6 6 and built like the proverbial. Very versatile as well being able to play key position back or forward!!!:) Just another reminder to all that are interested that PRE-SEASON TRAINING STARTS THIS FRIDAY, 6PM AT THE BAROOGA RECREATION RESERVE! Hope to see all those current and new players there!!! Cheers
Yes Butler will be missed as he goes alright the young fella.:D

what are the thoughts round nathalia with the poaching of players by one of their own?
Ryan had signalled his intentions of not playing at nathalia before Hap had been appointed, so i don't think to many would say its poaching, i don't think hap would of tried to influence him, as it said in the article hap just mentioned that united would be happy to talk to him.
As far as i know ryan is the only one that has signed at united

Ryan had signalled his intentions of not playing at nathalia before Hap had been appointed, so i don't think to many would say its poaching, i don't think hap would of tried to influence him, as it said in the article hap just mentioned that united would be happy to talk to him.
As far as i know ryan is the only one that has signed at united

Backman, is Butler the last of the departures from Nathalia or do you think there will be more. I have heard that some of your top players are being targeted heavily from opposing leagues. Do you think this will be the start of a large exodus from the Purps?

Backman, is Butler the last of the departures from Nathalia or do you think there will be more. I have heard that some of your top players are being targeted heavily from opposing leagues. Do you think this will be the start of a large exodus from the Purps?
i have no doubt that there may be a exodus, we have already lost Snelson, Quarrell, Davies and Butler all have been reported in the Shepp news.
I think you will find that any player from the premiership sides who leaves nathalia is going to a higher league and why not, the saying is we play football to play at the highest level possible. i think our club recognises that our run can't last forever (it would be nice tho) and to hold a player back and not let them gain more experiance elsewhere wouldn't be fair.

I would almost put money on it that if any young blokes leave the club they will end up back here to finish off their playing careers and who knows our club could see another successful era when they return

if you have a look at the last premiership teams eg Numurkah (1999 & 2000) and Deniliquin (2001-04), had their time at the top and then came back to the pack for a while, i don't see why we would be any different unless we paid out alot more money to keep them here. In saying this next year we will definatley play finals and everybody knows that once you get to finals anything can happen.

After saying all this some may write us off but do so at your peril
NATHALIA WILL STILL BE A FORCE IN 09

i have no doubt that there may be a exodus, we have already lost Snelson, Quarrell, Davies and Butler all have been reported in the Shepp news.
I think you will find that any player from the premiership sides who leaves nathalia is going to a higher league and why not, the saying is we play football to play at the highest level possible. i think our club recognises that our run can't last forever (it would be nice tho) and to hold a player back and not let them gain more experiance elsewhere wouldn't be fair.

I would almost put money on it that if any young blokes leave the club they will end up back here to finish off their playing careers and who knows our club could see another successful era when they return

if you have a look at the last premiership teams eg Numurkah (1999 & 2000) and Deniliquin (2001-04), had their time at the top and then came back to the pack for a while, i don't see why we would be any different unless we paid out alot more money to keep them here. In saying this next year we will definatley play finals and everybody knows that once you get to finals anything can happen.

Definitely! Once you bred success, and are able to maintain a core playing group who know how to work towards that success year in , year out, very hard to lose it. Makes it a lot more difficult when you lose good quality from that playing list such as the Purps have. Will be interesting who stays as they should still maintain that core group.

That is a very refreshing attitude to take Backman. It is important to allow players to leave on good terms, especially if they are leaving to play in a higher level. I'm sure most will return at some stage but even if they don't the purples would be more than happy with the last four years of loyalty that their players have shown.

Definitely! Once you bred success, and are able to maintain a core playing group who know how to work towards that success year in , year out, very hard to lose it. Makes it a lot more difficult when you lose good quality from that playing list such as the Purps have. Will be interesting who stays as they should still maintain that core group.
the core group will still be there they are backing trimmers 100% we all know he will do a great job and we will still be successful this year our side may just look a little different than the last four.

That is a very refreshing attitude to take Backman. It is important to allow players to leave on good terms, especially if they are leaving to play in a higher level. I'm sure most will return at some stage but even if they don't the purples would be more than happy with the last four years of loyalty that their players have shown.
If players leave on good terms its always in there head how well a club treated them and 9 times out of 10 they'll come back at some stage. the club could not be any happier with the last 4 years the loyalty the players have shown has been amazing some blokes have passed up massive offers from other clubs just to stay and play for the purple jumper, we are a proud passionate club and this has just made the club grow even stronger,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As noone else is going to acknowledge it, I thought it would be appropriate that we salute Steele Sidebottom on getting drafted to Collingwood with pick 11 in last Saturday's National AFL draft. Well done young fella!! Great to see the MFL producing some talent of note. Guess there aren't too many footy purists amongst us! Hope there are more young hopefuls out in the MFL, who are ready and willing to commit to playing at the highest standard there is. All the best to Steele. Hope he does well. :thumbsu: In finishing, great to see so many of our U17s at last Friday's start to pre season training. NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

As noone else is going to acknowledge it, I thought it would be appropriate that we salute Steele Sidebottom on getting drafted to Collingwood with pick 11 in last Saturday's National AFL draft. Well done young fella!! Great to see the MFL producing some talent of note. Guess there aren't too many footy purists amongst us! Hope there are more young hopefuls out in the MFL, who are ready and willing to commit to playing at the highest standard there is. All the best to Steele. Hope he does well. :thumbsu: In finishing, great to see so many of our U17s at last Friday's start to pre season training. NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

well done to young Steele , a kid with untapped potential . No doubt recruited on the back of his efforts in the TAC Cup Grand Final this year . It is a shame he didn't get picked up a bit earlier and not have to spend his time at the Carringbush :thumbsu:

well done to young Steele , a kid with untapped potential . No doubt recruited on the back of his efforts in the TAC Cup Grand Final this year . It is a shame he didn't get picked up a bit earlier and not have to spend his time at the Carringbush :thumbsu:

Thats the best part about him being drafted mate ;)

how about the two's hank . Two fairly good inclusions . Fairly seasoned one's players from my mail .

To be honest the twos were unlucky not to play off this year, I know its only early but expectations from within would be that they would be atleast in that position again come September 09.

To be honest the twos were unlucky not to play off this year, I know its only early but expectations from within would be that they would be atleast in that position again come September 09.
Have to agree with you there Hank. Although the top two teams played off this year (with the best team winning!!!!), we rated the Tonny game as our toughest of the year. It wasn't until about the last 8 minutes of the game they we were able to shake them. Hopefully we'll be up there again as well!
Not sure on the Bull rumour but I hope he does as he is a quality big man and a genuine ruckman, something we've been lacking (no offence to the blokes we've had). Fingers crossed!

very diplomatic in dancing around the question Hank :D I was refering to Mark Ried and Routy , have they retired to the midday show ?

very diplomatic in dancing around the question Hank :D I was refering to Mark Ried and Routy , have they retired to the midday show ?

If Routy is Rowdy then he is also Mark Reid, have heard that may be what he is wanting to do, haven't spoken to him myself about it, but yeah I am sure he would be a handy acquisition to the twos side at Full Back !!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back