Murray Football League (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah not too hard to say Deni and Congupna are hosting finals in the 1st week of finals, depending on if either of those sides are involved who gets which final so neither side has a home ground advantage. Same the next week with Moama and Mulwala. The Prelim final is a little different as u can't choose between venues but the easiest way to fix that is to give that final to a side who will not make the finals, which they have done this year.
Obviously the GF problem may come up this year with Toc competing, and don't know what the history has been with why they always get the GF, its not as if their ground/facilities/location has been so much better than any other club that they should get it every year ala the GV with deakin. From experience the KDL had two grounds on standby even up to the Prelim final just to make sure the sides playing off in the GF didnt get a home ground advantage, they have now gone one step further with playing it at Mooroopna where there is no chance of any side having an advantage.

Can someone fill me in on why Toc get the GF every single year and for how long this has been going on?

Treasurer Burrows suggested that it was strongly supported by clubs that the GF should be held at Toc, and made reference to the Leon Higgins lead Toc side v Nathalia GF more than once.
Was funny hearing the comments of a panelist, when he obviously thought his comments where not being broadcast and they had taken a sponsors break , was probably the only section of the whole portion of the Murray League program, that could be heard clearly !!!!:D:D

Treasurer Burrows suggested that it was strongly supported by clubs that the GF should be held at Toc, and made reference to the Leon Higgins lead Toc side v Nathalia GF more than once.
Was funny hearing the comments of a panelist, when he obviously thought his comments where not being broadcast and they had taken a sponsors break , was probably the only section of the whole portion of the Murray League program, that could be heard clearly !!!!:D:D

i agree pace i couldnt here anything on 98.5 either!! Bloody technology.

there is no doubt the newer clubs in too the competition havent got the attachment with Tocumwal as a grand final venue and thats fair enough. My personal opinion is that Tocumwal is the home of the Murray League from a grand final point of view. There is no doubt that there is a agenda from the execitive of the league to move it away from Toc (Numurkah i think preferred venue - dont know why).

Love to poll the coaches/players and see where they think the finals/grand final should be played because they really are the people we should be listening too.

The drought line is very romantic but just a good excuse.
Why not play the finals on the best grounds in the best locations and then give each club a dividend from the finals profits!!

eight is a fair suck of the sav! would be suprised if the was eight of there best 21, and also it wouldnt matter how many players were in there seconds they still wouldnt be competitive!
Souts you know alot about sucking on sav shaped things don't ya.hehe
uwishuwereme would have a fair idea on how many Toc were missing as he is one of the blokes that picks the side each week.
I would think that they would be back to close to full strength after having the week off.
Go Bloods!

eight is a fair suck of the sav! would be suprised if the was eight of there best 21, and also it wouldnt matter how many players were in there seconds they still wouldnt be competitive!

Hare, Chellew, N Mellington, Roberts, Garlick, A Mellington, Phealan, O'Connell All did not play and have played only seniors all year.

Surprise! There's 8 mate of their best 21. So its no sucking of the sav:)

If my mail is correct about likely recruits, I predict that Congupna will be the big improvers in 2010. Not prepared to give any names just yet - but watch this space.

You carnt do that Wear The Fox Hat, give us some names,whos the coach going to be?I have heard Hampshire has stood down.:thumbsu:

You carnt do that Wear The Fox Hat, give us some names,whos the coach going to be?I have heard Hampshire has stood down.:thumbsu:

Well my little wooden friend,cant say to much because it could all back fire and fall through, but if they pull it of the roaders will be starting that climb up the Murray league ladder. Just on coaches, who will still be around in 2010 and what clubs are looking for a new one.

As we approach the end of the year..i was just wondering who have been the best performed under 20's or so from each club..??

Tim Garlick would be Toc's best under 20. (Aged 15/16)

The kid is a freak! He was top age 4ths last year and snuck in for a couple senior games.

This year has taken another huge step and played all but a couple.

He's been in the best 5/6 times in a side sitting top of the table.

Tim Garlick would be Toc's best under 20. (Aged 15/16)

The kid is a freak! He was top age 4ths last year and snuck in for a couple senior games.

This year has taken another huge step and played all but a couple.

He's been in the best 5/6 times in a side sitting top of the table.

I think he was bottom aged 3rds.

From the rammers it would have to be Sam Lloyd. been good this year. should poll many votes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Howe and Justin Cantwell would be up there also. Justin has played predominently senior footy this year being a 16 year old, and been in good form too. Played a handful of senior games as a 15 year old last year too and did quite well. And he played U16 and U18 Interleague this year.

Nick Howe is as good as any from what I've been told.

M Whiley from finley must go alright, always seems to be in the best after having played thirds most weeks.
Appreciate a bit of feedback on him - Tall, short, position etc.

Have a feeling that Ash Hockey is around the 19 year old mark
Think you will find he has been in the Tigers best 14/15 occassions
quality player - his last month has been exceptional

Have a feeling that Ash Hockey is around the 19 year old mark
Think you will find he has been in the Tigers best 14/15 occassions
quality player - his last month has been exceptional

Ash was 20 early this year! he is also my tip for the league medal!

justin terlich 15, arnon imprasert 15, nathan terlich 17, rex taylor 19 and there are another 5 or 6 as well, gee the future looks bright for us :)

Hope they all hang around!
is Arnon only 15? And is Justin Terlich the one with blonde curly hair?

Jordan Souter, kid can play but boy does he have a mouth on him! Reminds me of his older brother back in the day. :D

didn't Souts have the opportunity to play a higher level of footy... but chose not to... had enough of super kids not attempting to play the best standard they are capable of... souts, O riely over at stanhope, Cantwell... step up and have a crack cos we are all legends in our own lunch time and the older you get... the better you were.

didn't Souts have the opportunity to play a higher level of footy... but chose not to... had enough of super kids not attempting to play the best standard they are capable of... souts, O riely over at stanhope, Cantwell... step up and have a crack cos we are all legends in our own lunch time and the older you get... the better you were.

Mate what is your problem?? looking at your posts they seem to be very negative. Jordan is playing for his local club, his dad is a legend at tonny and he gets to play with his brother. Jordan will be a very good GV footballer but there is no rush.:thumbsdown:

The kid is barely out of nappies, give it a break pace2burn. There's plenty of time for Jordan to step up into a higher standard of football, but right now it's obvious he's supporting the club that has supported him and may be part of a premiership within the next couple of years.
As for Cantwell, isn't he still only 15 or 16? He played a couple of senior games last year and a handfull this year to get a taste of it. He is more than capable but is still learning the ropes and will be for a couple of years yet. There's no point in throwing him into GV football now.

It sounds like you're a legend in your own lunch time..

The kid is barely out of nappies, give it a break pace2burn. There's plenty of time for Jordan to step up into a higher standard of football, but right now it's obvious he's supporting the club that has supported him and may be part of a premiership within the next couple of years.
As for Cantwell, isn't he still only 15 or 16? He played a couple of senior games last year and a handfull this year to get a taste of it. He is more than capable but is still learning the ropes and will be for a couple of years yet. There's no point in throwing him into GV football now.

It sounds like you're a legend in your own lunch time..

no you blokes are right... but I too often see kids with the potential of these settle for the home club hero stuff or even worse see the $$ and go out to the minor leagues and never reach that full potential... they come from families and I have no doubt that this wont be an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back