Murray Football League (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no you blokes are right... but I too often see kids with the potential of these settle for the home club hero stuff or even worse see the $$ and go out to the minor leagues and never reach that full potential... they come from families and I have no doubt that this wont be an issue

Had a few last night pace2burn, see you have s**t canned a few underage players on here and on the GV site around midnight!
On Jordan, he did all the pre-season with the Bushies and got cut at the last stage, so I think u are wrong about him not pursuing playing at a higher level.
How there is 40+ U/18's running around in the Bushrangers area better than him I find hard to believe, but hey the selectors are better placed than me to make that call.
He has played every game in a Major League this year as well as representing the league at Senior level, so I think for a 17 year old he is progressing nicely, if he has ambitions of playing at a higher level then he should be looking at VFL in the next couple of years not the all high and mighty GV.

4 or 5 years ago a bloke by the name of Tyson Sidebottom was getting the same s**t thrown at him, and he was playing Minor league footy. He would have been in his 20's before he had a crack at GV, don't think he has fitted in too bad at that lofty standard!

Had a few last night pace2burn, see you have s**t canned a few underage players on here and on the GV site around midnight!
On Jordan, he did all the pre-season with the Bushies and got cut at the last stage, so I think u are wrong about him not pursuing playing at a higher level.
How there is 40+ U/18's running around in the Bushrangers area better than him I find hard to believe, but hey the selectors are better placed than me to make that call.
He has played every game in a Major League this year as well as representing the league at Senior level, so I think for a 17 year old he is progressing nicely, if he has ambitions of playing at a higher level then he should be looking at VFL in the next couple of years not the all high and mighty GV.

4 or 5 years ago a bloke by the name of Tyson Sidebottom was getting the same s**t thrown at him, and he was playing Minor league footy. He would have been in his 20's before he had a crack at GV, don't think he has fitted in too bad at that lofty standard!

This may not be true. but i was told Jordan was cut for hitting the piss to much? any truth to this?

Was up in Cobram for work on Sat morn and shot over the river for a look at the "top of the table" clash Toc and Barooga. Was an interesting game... Barooga had a few handy players that Toc had no one to play on.. Robbins i think playing at CHB killed Toc running off and giving them some real drive.
No13. I think. the young ruck man would have to have been in the best for the Hawks, he seemed to pop up everywhere, very fit great leap and gave pleanty of opportunites. Champman in the goal square killed his brother with pure skill and talent... what was the Toc chappy thinking, just trying to belt the s**t out of him all day...jealous is what it looked like.
Toc had no one to match these blokes! Mellington SNR was a handy inclusion as well as Hare. They had plenty of good other players. The turning point was when Lee Warnett did an ankle or hammy... poor bugger he didn't look happy and at such a vital point. I know that Toc have injuries but they had some players that shouldn't have been there, Young Mellington junior was shocking, and a Ben Warnett wasn't even close to been fit! It was interesting to go to the Toc huddle at 3qtr time.. It was a bit flat, boring and didn't do anything to motivate players? I wish i had been at the earier huddles to see if they were any different. To me there was no structure, direction or PASSION in what was said. Roe was a little disapointing, when the game was in the ballance i thought that he might have given a real red hot firing talk. Maybe it just didn't do much for me. Some of the moves i the last qtr cost them the game! Isn't White and Warnett the ass coaches?? Nothing came from there mouths at the huddle?? Roe didn't even talk to them??? Whats going on there??

It might look like i have picked in Toc here, But they are sitting on top of the ladder and to me the only reason that they are there is cos they have good players!

If the can't pull it together they won't go any where in the finals.
Barooga have shown they have what it takes!

Bighawk whats your thoughts??

Was up in Cobram for work on Sat morn and shot over the river for a look at the "top of the table" clash Toc and Barooga. Was an interesting game... Barooga had a few handy players that Toc had no one to play on.. Robbins i think playing at CHB killed Toc running off and giving them some real drive.
No13. I think. the young ruck man would have to have been in the best for the Hawks, he seemed to pop up everywhere, very fit great leap and gave pleanty of opportunites. Champman in the goal square killed his brother with pure skill and talent... what was the Toc chappy thinking, just trying to belt the s**t out of him all day...jealous is what it looked like.
Toc had no one to match these blokes! Mellington SNR was a handy inclusion as well as Hare. They had plenty of good other players. The turning point was when Lee Warnett did an ankle or hammy... poor bugger he didn't look happy and at such a vital point. I know that Toc have injuries but they had some players that shouldn't have been there, Young Mellington junior was shocking, and a Ben Warnett wasn't even close to been fit! It was interesting to go to the Toc huddle at 3qtr time.. It was a bit flat, boring and didn't do anything to motivate players? I wish i had been at the earier huddles to see if they were any different. To me there was no structure, direction or PASSION in what was said. Roe was a little disapointing, when the game was in the ballance i thought that he might have given a real red hot firing talk. Maybe it just didn't do much for me. Some of the moves i the last qtr cost them the game! Isn't White and Warnett the ass coaches?? Nothing came from there mouths at the huddle?? Roe didn't even talk to them??? Whats going on there??

It might look like i have picked in Toc here, But they are sitting on top of the ladder and to me the only reason that they are there is cos they have good players!

I went out and had a listen when they played against Cobram, and I come away thinking the same, no structure,direction and was a little bemused. T

All I can say about the game on Saturday Centre Square is that our blokes were lucky to get away with it. Don't get me wrong, the boys did a fantastic job and came away with a superb win but very lucky to do so. Our first quarter was brilliant and all but for a couple of undisciplined acts, plus dodgy decisions, we would have been further in front. For the next 2 and 1/2 quarters, I thought we were pretty ordinary, where our intensity at the 50/50 ball dropped off and some fundamental skill errors hurt us. Luckily Toc were off target because they could have blown the game right open. With this being the case, and to be level at 3/4 time, I was confident that we could win from there. The first 10-15 mins. of the quarter didn't justify this belief, with the Bloods continously attacking their goal front. At the halfway mark of the last, our blokes decided to play footy again and, by tidying up those fundamental errors and putting through the big ones, came away with a sensational win!!! I don't know how the Toc players were addressed or what their structure was but we were damn lucky to get away with it. Warnett going down midway through the last was definitely a factor as he is a very good player. Our blokes now have to get themselves ready and organised for another tough one in Tonny at Tonny!!! The MFL is alive and well, with plenty of footy still left in the home and away!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard over the weekend that Finley should be massive improvers next season, has anyone else heard similar?
Heard along the grapevine that a benefactor was putting in a substantial amount of money for next year, something like 100k! Stay tuned!!!!!

Anyone know how the MFL delegates meeting went on Monday night?? Would be interested to see what the feedback was from clubs regarding the finals debacle!

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the following:
Premiers?
Final 6?
O'Dwyer medallist?
BSC Player of the Year?

Start us off:
Barooga

Toc, Barooga, Moama, Numurkah, Congupna, Tongala

Ryan Boneghetti Cobram (Hockey might take votes though!)

Jordan Souter Tongala

Good conversation starter my little timber-nosed friend. I think each of those three sides are in slightly different situations. Here are my thoughts:

Finley is situated in an area gripped by drought and is a town that, lets be honest, is a dead-end town. There isn't much industry up there and it has shown in the last couple of years with many players leaving to work in other towns. There is a little bit of money in PDFL clubs at the moment so players are lured there to play in a lower standard competition which certainly doesn't help either. In my opinion, Finley FC will struggle to attract players, even if someone like Shane Crawford agreed to play. And even then, it would only attract blokes for the wrong reasons. Although they do have a number or promising youngsters, a possible move to the PDFL in the coming years wouldn't surprise me.

Echuca United has struggled over the past two years purely because of lack of experience and leadership within the team. After two successive years in finals, including a grand final appearance, losing the callibre of players it did at the end of the 2007 season, it has been left up to the kids to hold up the fort and battle it out each week. From what I am hearing, season 2010 may bring with it a breath of fresh air for the club and a return to the top end of the ladder in the coming years.

Rumbalara Football Club is in a position I'm not quite sure what to think of. The club openly admitted its plan for the future was to use the MFL as a stepping stone into the GVFL, but I am yet to see reasons why this will happen any time soon. Since their inclusion into the MFL, I must say the club has done a great job with cleaning up the on-field and off-field image of the club, despite a couple of nasty incidents in the last couple of years. Within the senior playing group, many juniors have stepped up to become good senior players and role models which is great, but it seems that having some players in and out of the club over a couple of seasons has caused a little bit of instability. There are many factors which can prevent this, I reckon Rumba is a club that needs a committment from key players long-term, rather than short term, to ensure resounding success.
leitchy guny blokes rekon united will throw big big coin at ollie reyne next year an also Nuttal and Prender will they be able to afford all3 + Ro Hill

leitchy guny blokes rekon united will throw big big coin at ollie reyne next year an also Nuttal and Prender will they be able to afford all3 + Ro Hill

Have heard that Ollie Reyne has been offered the top job at united! Perhaps Tuckylives may know more:)

Have heard that Ollie Reyne has been offered the top job at united! Perhaps Tuckylives may know more:)

I heard that Cobram were chasing Ollie very hard , as his wife grew up there .
as for nuttal and hilly they told me they were set to return in 2010 , no doubt they will recieve some remuneration but there wont be big bags of money thrown at them .

Brendan Prendergast would be a good coach at united I reckon ringo , don't discount the fact that we are also shopping at the Bombers for a potential leader ;)

I heard that Cobram were chasing Ollie very hard , as his wife grew up there .
as for nuttal and hilly they told me they were set to return in 2010 , no doubt they will recieve some remuneration but there wont be big bags of money thrown at them .

Brendan Prendergast would be a good coach at united I reckon ringo , don't discount the fact that we are also shopping at the Bombers for a potential leader ;)

Yes Acky Brendan would make a great coach and we will lodge the clearance at the end of the season:D. The great thing for us is that we have signed 20 of our players for next season so that should stop what happened last year! I had'nt heard about cobram chasing him but being a vic country squad member would have him high on many clubs lists.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the following:
Premiers?
Final 6?
O'Dwyer medallist?
BSC Player of the Year?

Start us off:
Barooga

Toc, Barooga, Moama, Numurkah, Congupna, Tongala

Ryan Boneghetti Cobram (Hockey might take votes though!)

Jordan Souter Tongala

was very keen on Tonny barring injuries, ive jumped off their wagon and straight on to Barooga, all aboard!
Final six, will come down to last round Tonny v Deni loser will miss finals this year.
Jordan Souter will clean up medals.

was very keen on Tonny barring injuries, ive jumped off their wagon and straight on to Barooga, all aboard!
Final six, will come down to last round Tonny v Deni loser will miss finals this year.
Jordan Souter will clean up medals.
agree with you there homer, think jordan can win the o'dwyer, but robinson will win the sporties

Pretty disappointed to hear the outcome of the delegates meeting on Monday night. What a spineless group!!! What the hell have we got delegates for if they can't be involved with major decisions that effect all clubs within the league structure!! For those not in the know, Barooga asked that a motion be set to leave the original finals structure in place for this year, in light of clubs budgetting for this in their finances plus because no discussion was held about changes to be made, and then reopen discussion as a group early next year. Well barring only a select few, the majority of clubs declined this and now have given full control to the board!!!! WEAK! What the hell are these representatives there for if they are not going to be involved in the decision making process. Very disappointed with Cobram's response, as the grilling their president gave the general manager a couple of weeks ago on the radio was not backed up. Actions speak louder than words!!!!! Congratulations to all the clubs who have gone along and held the hand of the executive. You have just handed them complete domination and control! No turning back now and as far as I'm concern I hope it comes back to bite you, especially when the grand final ends up on a cow paddock!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back