Murray Football League (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League (Part 3)

Both will train and see how they go.. was an awesome game of footy on the weekend between Deni and Toc. Toc still the team to beat i think. Ash Parsons was best on for us, With 16 year old Oli (Maddogg) Maddison not to far behind. he had the job on Hare and i thought he took him out of the game very well.. Well Down to the boys on a good win keeping our finals hopes alive. should be a belter this weekend.. Go Boys!!!

Would have had J Tonta best for Deni by a long way. He would have won 90%+ of ruck taps gving the Rams midfielders first use, and chipped in with a few goals.

From what I saw, there wasnt much in the Mellington incident, both tied up and went to ground and unfortunate that he landed head first on the hard ground, he was instigating the scuffle with Seignor and probably regretting it now.

Good call. Tonta featured in top three voted by the club and midfield is certainly where the game was won on the day. As for the rest,you saw the whole incident as I did judging by your observations. Bugger all in it.

Would have had J Tonta best for Deni by a long way. He would have won 90%+ of ruck taps gving the Rams midfielders first use, and chipped in with a few goals.

From what I saw, there wasnt much in the Mellington incident, both tied up and went to ground and unfortunate that he landed head first on the hard ground, he was instigating the scuffle with Seignor and probably regretting it now.

very out of character :rolleyes:

I'll be doing everything possible to get up for finals if we get over the line Satdy, see the orthapaedic surgeon Monday to see what can be done. Qualified for twos so might run around with those boys if the ones don't get there!!

I'll be doing everything possible to get up for finals if we get over the line Satdy, see the orthapaedic surgeon Monday to see what can be done. Qualified for twos so might run around with those boys if the ones don't get there!!

Hank vs the Bx Bandit , sell out crowd expected :D providing both our two's sides get over the first final

Nothing like a guy that has played two's all year missing out for someone that hasn't.

Nothing like a guy that has played two's all year missing out for someone that hasn't.

Was actually tongue in cheek bowhunter,not seriously thinking about it, but in saying that I am getting a lot of pressure from the TWO'S guys to play if we don't make it, including ones that would be on the brink of missing out if I happened to play!.

Was actually tongue in cheek bowhunter,not seriously thinking about it, but in saying that I am getting a lot of pressure from the TWO'S guys to play if we don't make it, including ones that would be on the brink of missing out if I happened to play!.

Tips for this weekend boys?

No worries mate, just something that comes up every year in two's finals. Not sure if there is any solution though as everyone wants to have the best team they can on the park, just is always harsh on the blokes that miss out.

No worries mate, just something that comes up every year in two's finals. Not sure if there is any solution though as everyone wants to have the best team they can on the park, just is always harsh on the blokes that miss out.

Yes does become hard, and don't agree with the rules. Should have to atleast played a reserves game to qualify(more like 4 or 5). Obviously wrong in our situation where I have played 9 senior games and no reserves games but am eligible, and Dan Collyer has played 6 senior games and 0 reserves but has played senior GV games and I think represented the GV but from what I can gather is still eligible to play in the reserves finals series.

Yes does become hard, and don't agree with the rules. Should have to atleast played a reserves game to qualify(more like 4 or 5). Obviously wrong in our situation where I have played 9 senior games and no reserves games but am eligible, and Dan Collyer has played 6 senior games and 0 reserves but has played senior GV games and I think represented the GV but from what I can gather is still eligible to play in the reserves finals series.
Yeah that rules a joke. It would be extremely unfair for the other guys to miss out when they got their team in the finals in the first place..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that rules a joke. It would be extremely unfair for the other guys to miss out when they got their team in the finals in the first place..

its part and parcel with being involved in a country footy club, and the success of the team should be the main priority as it is a team sport, i thing tonny will win it in the twos either way

its part and parcel with being involved in a country footy club, and the success of the team should be the main priority as it is a team sport, i thing tonny will win it in the twos either way

Heard that crawf signed with finley for next year??? any truth to the rumor?

If you have played 9 senior games you cant qualify for the twos.

If you have played 9 senior games you cant qualify for the twos.

The rule is, if you have played 10 senior games you can not participate in the reserves finals series, any less than that as long as you have played 5 club games (of any grade) then you are eligible to play.

Games played in other leagues also do not count, as in Dan Collyer's case where he played 6 senior games at Shepp Swans and represented the GV, and has played 6 Senior games with us, only the 6 senior games with Tongala count so he is also eligible to play in the reserves finals.

All this won't matter as the seniors will still be playing and all players are eligible to play wherever when both sides are playing on the same weekend;)

Big in's for Deni if Marshall, Bull and S Moodie play as per the team in the Shepp News.
Bull hasn't played for a month with stress fractures in his foot.
Marshall 6 weeks with a knee.

Heard that crawf signed with finley for next year??? any truth to the rumor?
There's far too much money working in the media for Crawf to give it up and play country football for Finley. Although he may play for them next year, I think there's a bigger possibility that he will sponsor a handfull of recruits to play up there.

The rule is, if you have played 10 senior games you can not participate in the reserves finals series, any less than that as long as you have played 5 club games (of any grade) then you are eligible to play.

Games played in other leagues also do not count, as in Dan Collyer's case where he played 6 senior games at Shepp Swans and represented the GV, and has played 6 Senior games with us, only the 6 senior games with Tongala count so he is also eligible to play in the reserves finals.

All this won't matter as the seniors will still be playing and all players are eligible to play wherever when both sides are playing on the same weekend;)

Fair enough, must be another one of those areas where different leagues have different rules. Any more than 8 senior games over here and you are finished playing twos unless both sides are playing on the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back