Murray Football League - Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League (Part 5)

All the best to the club in question above, a fine proud club going in the right direction on the field this year. As a saints supporter, I admire the bloke in charge, excellent player, i'm sure my old man played against him few times and may have played a few rep games with him, unsure at the moment.

And all the best to the bloke I punched in 2005, when I was just a kid. I'm deeply remorseful and regret that action every time I think about it, which is quuite often. I've followed his career since, and am happy to see him establish himself as very handy senior player recognised by the Rookie of the Year award and a B&F.

mate im just a side line player, i go to alot of murray league games and i was at the nathalia game that day.. i played against you father in footy when i was at cobram

I know this isn't in our league, but this is just unbelieveable. Whats your thoughts?

Great effort by the Tulla boys just going down against a strong Pacco. Ash Manning's boys have definately had a very tough draw starting with Glenroy, Pacco, Keilor Park and T. Lakes.

Some Ex Tulla boys are having a successful season in the WRFL, but take a look at this scoreline for Senior Football below that I noticed. DISGRACEFUL for Local Footy...
2010 Division Two Cup

NORTH SUNSHINE 1.2 1.2 0.3 3.5 (23)
ALBANVALE 15.6 28.14 48.16 67.22 (424)

GOALS:
NORTH SUNSHINE: Mallach 2 Bradford
ALBANVALE: Mohamed 16 Atik 12 Borg 10 Bligh 5 Portelli 5 Basaraba 4 Cavanagh 3 Barry 3 Azzopardi 2 Maschewski 2 Allen 2 Sirianni Karim Downs

I know this isn't in our league, but this is just unbelieveable. Whats your thoughts?

Great effort by the Tulla boys just going down against a strong Pacco. Ash Manning's boys have definately had a very tough draw starting with Glenroy, Pacco, Keilor Park and T. Lakes.

Some Ex Tulla boys are having a successful season in the WRFL, but take a look at this scoreline for Senior Football below that I noticed. DISGRACEFUL for Local Footy...
2010 Division Two Cup

NORTH SUNSHINE 1.2 1.2 0.3 3.5 (23)
ALBANVALE 15.6 28.14 48.16 67.22 (424)

GOALS:
NORTH SUNSHINE: Mallach 2 Bradford
ALBANVALE: Mohamed 16 Atik 12 Borg 10 Bligh 5 Portelli 5 Basaraba 4 Cavanagh 3 Barry 3 Azzopardi 2 Maschewski 2 Allen 2 Sirianni Karim Downs

Alot of good Aussie names there...........

[/b]

Alot of good Aussie names there...........

it goes to show no matter where your parentage is from our great game can be played by all.
well done to the losing team for sticking it out and not walking from the field early. Must be an awesome side the winners.

can any one on here tell me why ben sieghner from deni rams was pushed straight into the side with only 1 training session under his belt? think the rams may have f***** his career good and proper? heard he done his knee aswell any truth to that? huge blow rushing him back in i hear, not only doing a knee but who was pushed out of the side for him to step in? i know of a couple that are fairly upset about it..

His knee wont end his career. i think the only people upset are people with kids in the squad and s**t like that. I can tell you not one player cared. He is loved by ever footballer notjust because he is so good. but because he is a top lad. He will be back trainin maybe next week. Well running any way. may be only 4 weeks away:thumbsu:

P.s. The people that went out of the side i think were Harvey Mckinnon (Flu) and Dave OBrien (Injured) Harvey missed the hawks game then played 2s the next week due to bein on the sauce while sick.

Some interesting news came to hand late last night with news that Barooga have signed Ex Bris lion, Richmond utility Rory Hilton !!!!!!!!!!

Obviously still not quite up to there quota yet there at the hawks... Will be interesting to see what the local home grown players think of this latest signing !!! Cause quite clearly Rory Hilton will not come for nothing.

Rumour around is that there are alot of people at the club atm VERY unhappy with Shane Harvey does not hang around after games, social functions etc. (may have been to 1 social function)

The hawks have lead at 3/4 time in every single game yet they have only won two......... Maybe the backline have been watching to much AFL on tv with he chipping crap that have seen them blow 3 sizable leads....

It will be interesting to see what you think of all this BIG HAWK ???
I still think they will just scrape into the finals but i think they need to get wriggle on

Cheers :thumbsu:
When will they learn ? . . . waste of money :thumbsdown:

I hear Barooga have also picked up an ex Nth Albury player who has been over in Perth. Not totally sure of the name but I think it is O'Donnell??? Anyway, good luck to the hawkers. They like being in the mix, they have the $, why not?

I know what club you're from.

The one that went all out to get me for whacking Robb the previous year, and when I wouldn't retaliate for the whole game big old captain speartackle came in and belted my little brother in the back of the head a long way behind play.
Then when I run over and bump him away from my brother he throws a nice big left into the side of my head that costs him the league medal. I then grab Ali and tell him to hit me again this time so the young umpire can see (as he'd finally decided to come over).
Then, and wait it gets better, the goal umpire (Captain Courageous' old man) runs 80 metres onto the ground and jumps on top of me and starts yelling abuse at me. Then has the balls to make up the story that I kicked him and gets two kids that say two different stories to the one that he put forward.

Would that be the club? The one where the coach pointed at me pre match when I was having shots at goal in my warm up at the opposite end of the ground? Is that the club?
The one where the poor bloke that got his jaw broken said on the school bus to one of his and my mates that I better watch myself because you're club was going to get me that day.

Yeah I think I may know where you're coming. I'm the kid that missed two years of football for turning around and throwing ONE left handed punch to the kid that hand been belted me in the back of the head and mouthing off to me all day, even after I'd thrown him on his arse twice and told him to stop his s**t and just play football.

Yeah that was me, I'm the kid that hasn't been able to play seniors with my two little brothers.
perhaps rugby league will be more up your alley:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

perhaps rugby league will be more up your alley:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I was waiting for you to pop up. Maybe Alli Brooks can teach me those tackles he used to pull on the little kids. From what I heard today he's put on enough weight to play in the front row.

Nah, seriously well done to FFC for beating us for the first time in, sh!t, I can't remember the last time they beat us. Must of been some time last centaury?:confused::confused::confused:

Had a kick today actually mate and all went well.

Wait, I've just been told about 17 years ago. Some of the kids playing seniors today weren't even born then.

hank you did yourself no favours yesterday.... after breaking Jason Collins nose with an elbow you go and hit Dwyer in the face... I hear a quote from yesterday was ' you are the worst player/coach the murray league has ever seen' haha still am amazed how you won a league when your club is struggling you turn to hitting blokes... get a kick first and the boys didn't take the foot off the accelerator yesterday because of you sniping blokes

hank you did yourself no favours yesterday.... after breaking Jason Collins nose with an elbow you go and hit Dwyer in the face... I hear a quote from yesterday was ' you are the worst player/coach the murray league has ever seen' haha still am amazed how you won a league when your club is struggling you turn to hitting blokes... get a kick first and the boys didn't take the foot off the accelerator yesterday because of you sniping blokes

Thanks for the advice TimBurr, Collins was unfortunate, throw an elbow back when I get pulled to the ground probably a couple of times a game, sometimes they connect with something sometimes they don't.
Nothing in the Dwyer incident, was in play and went to grab the pill and he came through and got him high, free kick was paid and that was all it was worth. If I got on here and whinged about every whack in the head i got every weekend then I'd need a secretary to help me write up all the complaints, get over it and grow some balls.
As for Tyler's opinion, that is his opinion, he may have played against me 4 or 5 times so would have something to make an opinion from there, cant remember too much about how I have fared against you guys before last year, but got the 3 votes in the league medal when we lost by under a kick with part of my skull missing at Strathy last year, yesterday tore my calf in 1st 10 minutes, came back on after 1/4 time and did what I could without being able to run, probably embarrassed myself but most players probably would have sat on the sidelines and been happy to watch their side get beat by 30 goals, I was prepared to get back out there and do what little I could.
As for the coaching side of the comment, his opinion again but holds no weight whatsoever because he has never played under me or seen how I went about my coaching or for that matter probably even heard me talk to my players.
Don't worry I gave Tyler some advice after his kind words too, I'd also add Premierships/Grand Finals are what we play for and I honestly don't know what Tyler has got I'm assuming none(hopefully that will change this year for you guys) but think I have most covered in that department as well. Has he ever tested himself, remember him being too good to turn up to interleague training a couple of years ago and the training was at Numurkah. Any VFL, GVFL, interleague footy to speak of, anything of note?

I am sure this will come across as me being a big head, but lets just stick to the facts, if you are someone that I played against yesterday and you shook my hand after the game and we wished each other all the best for the year, I say to you that is where this should have been left, If you are just a supporter of the club then good luck to you and I apologise to Tyler and the boys for rambling on about what should have stayed on the field.

So who am I talking to so I/we can critique the way you go/have gone about your football in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind Collins, he's a good footballer. But TimBurr it sounds like you boys might have gotten a bit of your own medicine back. I'd have a good hard look in my own backyard if i were you before you go shooting your mouth off about snipers. . . . . . . . And just for the record, i'm not flyin the flag for Tonny, I just really hate Numurkah of late. . . .

Don't mind Collins, he's a good footballer. But TimBurr it sounds like you boys might have gotten a bit of your own medicine back. I'd have a good hard look in my own backyard if i were you before you go shooting your mouth off about snipers. . . . . . . . And just for the record, i'm not flyin the flag for Tonny, I just really hate Numurkah of late. . . .

Just stirring up Hank mate and it worked haha although his elbow to collins was uncalled for. And Hank you wouldnt have noticed me yesterday because I was in the backline. Massive 2 weeks coming up though with Cobram and Moama

Just stirring up Hank mate and it worked haha although his elbow to collins was uncalled for. And Hank you wouldnt have noticed me yesterday because I was in the backline. Massive 2 weeks coming up though with Cobram and Moama

Couldn't have been far away as I sat in the goal square for a fair portion of the game, young Buzza went well off Half Back, Bell was down back, Baker played on me for a bit, not any of them, Hopkins surely not wouldnt be him. Robbo was down back, don't think he would be smart enough to use a computer, lucky to get his plumbing ticket!!. Jack Miechel might be a chance didnt see much of him?

Couldn't have been far away as I sat in the goal square for a fair portion of the game, young Buzza went well off Half Back, Bell was down back, Baker played on me for a bit, not any of them, Hopkins surely not wouldnt be him. Robbo was down back, don't think he would be smart enough to use a computer, lucky to get his plumbing ticket!!. Jack Miechel might be a chance didnt see much of him?

Good reply all round Hank !!!!

hi hank, dont you love kids having a crack at coaches, without knowing anything about wha really goes on. i dont know either of you but support your knowledge over timburrs. hopefully barooga keep recruiting and improving and get the premiership they deserve. perhaps numurkah is too close to nathalia, because they are starting to sound like nathalia supporters. and purple saint , i played about 17 years for finley from 5ths through to firsts and cant remember losing to nathalia. they were strong in the ones when mick souter was kicking bags, but cant remember losing, 17 years later and things have changed but maybe its changed again now:footy:

TimmBurr
Snipers. I have backed Mark Brown in the past because I like the way he plays but I do believe that he is the biggest sniper in the league bar none.

Jason Anderson - How can you say the Barooga deserve a premiership? Deserving a premiership is looking at what Deni and Nathalia have done over the past 10 years, working towards one through promoting and looking after locals with a sprinkling of outside talent brought in, not trying to buy one year after year.

Hahaha bit harsh on poor robbo. And yes Mark Brown is quite well known for his onfield antics.

TimmBurr
Snipers. I have backed Mark Brown in the past because I like the way he plays but I do believe that he is the biggest sniper in the league bar none.

Jason Anderson - How can you say the Barooga deserve a premiership? Deserving a premiership is looking at what Deni and Nathalia have done over the past 10 years, working towards one through promoting and looking after locals with a sprinkling of outside talent brought in, not trying to buy one year after year.

they deserve it because they work hard to get their money, and continually try to improve, toc did it last year, splurged their money and now are back to crap again, at least barooga always have a strong team, and i like big hawk, if finley cant win one yet then im hoping barooga can

they deserve it because they work hard to get their money, and continually try to improve, toc did it last year, splurged their money and now are back to crap again, at least barooga always have a strong team, and i like big hawk, if finley cant win one yet then im hoping barooga can
Having the money handed over year after year from one or two major sponsors isn't what I would call 'working hard' for the money. How many of the players work 'hard' for Brooks' Grain or at the Barooga Sports Club?
Having a consistently strong team is not significant if you have nothing to show for it.

At least Tocumwal managed to win a flag...

Heard Yesterday Benny Seignior has to have the 'Big Mac' Again. big loss for Deni if it is true he was the x factor!!

Having the money handed over year after year from one or two major sponsors isn't what I would call 'working hard' for the money. How many of the players work 'hard' for Brooks' Grain or at the Barooga Sports Club?
Having a consistently strong team is not significant if you have nothing to show for it.

At least Tocumwal managed to win a flag...

I bet that took a while to type Tucky! Hope the shoulder comes right soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back