Murray Football League - Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League (Part 5)

Sportsbet will most likely have markets up tomorrow.... Great game yesterday and well done to Cobram for running over the top in the last quarter.
It had no say in the final result as they were bad for both teams but surely a game like Numurkah vs Cobram could have quality umpires and not 2 kids.... was a big stuff up in the last quarter with one umpire calling play on and the other umpire paying a 50 for the bloke running over the mark....

NO comment..........:confused::mad::eek::(

Great night at the Cobram Ball, Scandal rocked it all night. Best on dance floor would have to go to the fella tha won the Magoo's Mug, First on the floor last to leave!

Sportsbet will most likely have markets up tomorrow.... Great game yesterday and well done to Cobram for running over the top in the last quarter.
It had no say in the final result as they were bad for both teams but surely a game like Numurkah vs Cobram could have quality umpires and not 2 kids.... was a big stuff up in the last quarter with one umpire calling play on and the other umpire paying a 50 for the bloke running over the mark....

I agree with you TimBurr, I actually went and watched the game and glad I did as it was a great game. the umpires were absolutely pathetic!!! They had it in for the Cobram boys espeacially in the 3rd quarter. But it would have been better if they had umpires with a bit more umpiring experiance.... But the Tigers are looking pretty good at the moment. They should have won by at least 5 goals, I thought that they had allot more of the footy and showed in the end that they are the better side. Cant wait to see the finals......

I agree with you TimBurr, the umpires were absolutely pathetic!!! They had it in for the Cobram boys espeacially in the 3rd quarter. But it would have been better if they had umpires with a bit more umpiring experiance.... But the Tigers are looking pretty good at the moment. They should have won by at least 5 goals, I thought that they had allot more of the footy and showed in the end that they are the better side. Cant wait to see the finals......
"DITTO" What I wanted to say but didn't, THEY tried desperatly to win it for Numurkah but the BEST side won.:thumbsu:....... AND the umps new it too!!!!!!!!!!!!
For christs sake if you dont like a team dont make it so blatantly obvious.................... MASSIVE thumbs down,:thumbsdown: in a week when we should be supporting them, They certainly didn't do there cause a lot of good.

I agree with you TimBurr, I actually went and watched the game and glad I did as it was a great game. the umpires were absolutely pathetic!!! They had it in for the Cobram boys espeacially in the 3rd quarter. But it would have been better if they had umpires with a bit more umpiring experiance.... But the Tigers are looking pretty good at the moment. They should have won by at least 5 goals, I thought that they had allot more of the footy and showed in the end that they are the better side. Cant wait to see the finals......

They were clearly on top in the middle for the whole game however thought our backline played quite well and if our ball use going into the fwd line was better we would have been up by more at 3 quarter time. Wouldnt go as far as saying the umpires had it in for the Cobram players.. k. Boyer was very undisciplined and gave away about 4-5 50ms. also heard he kicked the crap out of one of the interchange cones on his way off..... other teams will clearly try and get under his skin now as he was in the best players for Numurkah on the weekend.
Cobram would have to be flag favourites however are very beatable imo

They were clearly on top in the middle for the whole game however thought our backline played quite well and if our ball use going into the fwd line was better we would have been up by more at 3 quarter time. Wouldnt go as far as saying the umpires had it in for the Cobram players.. k. Boyer was very undisciplined and gave away about 4-5 50ms. also heard he kicked the crap out of one of the interchange cones on his way off..... other teams will clearly try and get under his skin now as he was in the best players for Numurkah on the weekend.
hearing a lot about cobram and numurkah, which is fair enough seeing they are 1 and 2 , but great to see the cats sitting in 6th spot. are they a genuine finals chance this year or still a bit of the pace, havent seen the draw but would be great for secco and the boys if they do make the finals.

hearing a lot about cobram and numurkah, which is fair enough seeing they are 1 and 2 , but great to see the cats sitting in 6th spot. are they a genuine finals chance this year or still a bit of the pace, havent seen the draw but would be great for secco and the boys if they do make the finals.

Moama, Cobram, Conupna, Numurkah, Deni, Bye,

Mulwala,Toc, Barooga, E.U., Nathalia

Tim were you watching the same game I was, in the 3rd qtr especially the umpires had it in for the Cobram boys, the umpires were right with some of the free kicks but a few of them were rediculous... and in regards to your back line doing well, for a side to kick 7 goals in the last quarter and their forwards kicking 5 of them I would say that your backline got beatin on the day mate........

Will be surprised if they do make finals, could probably pencil in matches against Toc an Nathaila as wins takin them to 7, might get a lucky one somewhere along the line but I think Barooga an Congupna both have a more favourable draw. Were less than impressive against Tonny on the weekend and despite how the scoreline read they were lucky to get the 4 points IMO. What kind of relative is Finleys Mark Hawkins to Tommahawk??

Hank - Mark is Tommahawk's cousin.

Mark belongs to Michael Hawkins who played a couple of games for Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be surprised if they do make finals, could probably pencil in matches against Toc an Nathaila as wins takin them to 7, might get a lucky one somewhere along the line but I think Barooga an Congupna both have a more favourable draw. Were less than impressive against Tonny on the weekend and despite how the scoreline read they were lucky to get the 4 points IMO. What kind of relative is Finleys Mark Hawkins to Tommahawk??

I think they would be very confident of knocking off both Congupna and Barooga on the home deck. played poorly on the weekend and still won comfortably i think it may be a bit rich to suggest they were lucky to beat tongala.

I think they would be very confident of knocking off both Congupna and Barooga on the home deck. played poorly on the weekend and still won comfortably i think it may be a bit rich to suggest they were lucky to beat tongala.
would be fantastic for seco and the boys and the whole town, great turnaround already, hope they keep it going, any talk of crawf and co still playing a few games

Tim were you watching the same game I was, in the 3rd qtr especially the umpires had it in for the Cobram boys, the umpires were right with some of the free kicks but a few of them were rediculous... and in regards to your back line doing well, for a side to kick 7 goals in the last quarter and their forwards kicking 5 of them I would say that your backline got beatin on the day mate........

Hey Footymack Have you heard of any more Mooroopna players coming up to Cobram. Apparently coach OSBORNE has been trying to get more of his teammates SCHIRMER AND COLLYER up that way but this time was told that they were happy at the Cats:):):):).
Good to see a few blokes showing their class and remaining committed to the cause and not selling themselves for the money. Probably a good thing for Cobram anyway as there are alot of rumblings up this way about the preferential treatment of the Mooroopna part of the side with only MARKS, and BOYER pulling their weight so far and the rest just enjoying the ride on the bus. "We have got a ticket to ride and we don't care". Apparently that is the attitude with a few of them this year. That will get shown up later in the year. What do you think you obviously get to a few Cobram games when your off the couch, and getting your mates to the footy, and telling everyone to go to the game.

Hey Footymack Have you heard of any more Mooroopna players coming up to Cobram. Apparently coach OSBORNE has been trying to get more of his teammates SCHIRMER AND COLLYER up that way but this time was told that they were happy at the Cats:):):):).
Good to see a few blokes showing their class and remaining committed to the cause and not selling themselves for the money. Probably a good thing for Cobram anyway as there are alot of rumblings up this way about the preferential treatment of the Mooroopna part of the side with only MARKS, and BOYER pulling their weight so far and the rest just enjoying the ride on the bus. "We have got a ticket to ride and we don't care". Apparently that is the attitude with a few of them this year. That will get shown up later in the year. What do you think you obviously get to a few Cobram games when your off the couch, and getting your mates to the footy, and telling everyone to go to the game.

Bomcat, you are obviously a Mooroopna man if you are making such statements as those ones. Why would Cobram ( OSBORNE ) be chasing more players when they are obviously playing great team footy. Schirman and collyier are not needed in that side. As for only Marks and Boyer pulling their weight you have got to be kidding! Osborne has kicked 47 in 8 games and is the best forward in the league at the moment, Sullivan is probably leading cobrams best and fairest count so im told, Beau wilson and shaun wilson have had injuries and Hockey has been in the best 5 times out of 8 games if you read your local paper you would have found that out..... Why dont you just worry about your own back yard and keep topping up on players such as Durling and Cowan and keep all your locals unhappy like you have been good at for the last few years......:eek::eek::eek:

Bomcat, you are obviously a Mooroopna man if you are making such statements as those ones. Why would Cobram ( OSBORNE ) be chasing more players when they are obviously playing great team footy. Schirman and collyier are not needed in that side. As for only Marks and Boyer pulling their weight you have got to be kidding! Osborne has kicked 47 in 8 games and is the best forward in the league at the moment, Sullivan is probably leading cobrams best and fairest count so im told, Beau wilson and shaun wilson have had injuries and Hockey has been in the best 5 times out of 8 games if you read your local paper you would have found that out..... Why dont you just worry about your own back yard and keep topping up on players such as Durling and Cowan and keep all your locals unhappy like you have been good at for the last few years......:eek::eek::eek:
WELL SAID.......:thumbsu: AND dead right. ;) BOTH my boys are in it for mateship Marksy, Beau, Shaun, Joey and Hock have been playing together for if my memory isn't failing too much about 15 years. they played school footy for Mooroopna Primary right through until 3rds. Won 2 under 16's flags and backed up for the third but went down to Echuca, Beau played 6 games for the Cats seniors last year for about 120 minutes of footy, then played 12 games for the magoos and won the best and fairest for them. Was unhappy and decided to go play with his brother and mates. Shaun from what I heard wasn't going to get a game in the ones at all so moved on. From what I've seen of all the guys up there and I go to every game is TOTAL commitment to Oz and the Tigers.
Sounds like Bomcat is closer to NUMURKAH than to Mooroopna. ;):rolleyes:

Troy Snelson back to Nathalia according to clearances on MFL website

Think we will find it is just a permit as they are lodged on the site the same as a clearance is. Girgarre have the bye this weekend.
More to this, there was talk that Snelson, Parker and a few others were going to play a one off game together for Adam Quarrell's 300th, whether that is this weekend or not I'm not sure?

Daryl Harrison aka Hank is heading back to Stanhope, he has been a great contributor to Tonny and the league; his participation at interleague as a player and assistant coach is invaluable. His knowledge and leadership on and off the field is second to none.
Good luck Hank

Daryl Harrison aka Hank is heading back to Stanhope, he has been a great contributor to Tonny and the league; his participation at interleague as a player and assistant coach is invaluable. His knowledge and leadership on and off the field is second to none.
Good luck Hank

heading back mid season or at the end of the year???

Yesterdays Riverina Herald= Tongala will be a chance to break an eight-game losing streak tomorrow when it plays fellow strugglers Tocumwal at Tongala in what will be player and former coach Daryl Harrison's last game for the side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back