Player Watch Nick Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for Muzz to become the defensive General. Can't afford to have Dawson dropping back there to try and stop the onslaught.

Muzza is our leading stat winner in two areas:
One percenters, where he is #10 in the comp with an average of 8.5 per game. (#7 in total one percenters)

No surprises there, I'm sure.

BUT ALSO (as Kane McGoodwin called out)
He is running with a Disposal Efficiency of 87%, which is #14 in the comp.

WHAT A GUN OF A BLOKE

View attachment 1711763
He is also well up there in 1v1 contest wins I believe.

The other positives with Murray is he can boot it a long way to clear defence when needed, when he fists the ball he usually clears the area (the opposite of a player like ROB who goes for a mark in defence, drops it, and the ball falls at his feet for any decent opposition small forward to crumb) and his kamikaze destruction of a pack setting for a high ball. I've noticed Michalanney smashes through packs waiting for the high ball too.

With Murray and Butts, we have again done well with unheralded young players coming through and converting to key defenders. Worrell hasn't put a foot wrong so far neither. All three should only get better.

The other positives with Murray is he can boot it a long way to clear defence when needed, when he fists the ball he usually clears the area (the opposite of a player like ROB who goes for a mark in defence, drops it, and the ball falls at his feet for any decent opposition small forward to crumb) and his kamikaze destruction of a pack setting for a high ball. I've noticed Michalanney smashes through packs waiting for the high ball too.

With Murray and Butts, we have again done well with unheralded young players coming through and converting to key defenders. Worrell hasn't put a foot wrong so far neither. All three should only get better.
It's an area of drafting that we usually have excelled (low picked kpds) in which makes the McAsey pick even stranger.

It's an area of drafting that we usually have excelled (low picked kpds) in which makes the McAsey pick even stranger.

Well, Talia was a pick 14. So there is precident.

That said, it was a pick for the wrong reasons (to replace a vet. 3-4 years down the line) and deservedly blew up in our faces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Talia was a pick 14. So there is precident.

That said, it was a pick for the wrong reasons (to replace a vet. 3-4 years down the line) and deservedly blew up in our faces.
Given our history of rookie picks that turn out to be good defenders (Rutten, Bock, Butts, Murray, Hartigan-ish, Keath-ish) I have no idea why we'd pick a KPD when we need midfield talent. Madness.

It's really only Talia and Basset I can think of that became the players at the level you'd want with those picks.

Given our history of rookie picks that turn out to be good defenders (Rutten, Bock, Butts, Murray, Hartigan-ish, Keath-ish) I have no idea why we'd pick a KPD when we need midfield talent. Madness.

It's really only Talia and Basset I can think of that became the players at the level you'd want with those picks.

Panic and a serious lack of direction.

Mind you, when it came to the 2019 draft, we needed everything.

And I'm crushed my boy has gone and done an ACL :(

Phil Davis and Jake Lever were both successful first round picks for key backs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back