Muscat article - "The Punch"

Remove this Banner Ad

Ernie Sigley said:
Nice of you to post that vid. What was the score?

Nope, none of your deflections. You could've won 60-0, doesn't change the fact that Muscat is a ****.

Ernie Sigley said:
He tried just too fat and slow ie not good enough.

No he didn't. Thompson was within about a metre of him, if Beltrame wanted to do something he would've done it. And even if he did, you're trying to compare threatening to do ... something, we don't even know what, to a guy who has made at least 3 HORROR tackles, probably more, which were intended to deliberately injure the victim. One of which was so severe that Muscat was ordered by the court to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation.

Also, have any footballers ever labelled Daniel Beltrame as 'the most hated man in football'? Just wondering :)

Nope, none of your deflections. You could've won 60-0, doesn't change the fact that Muscat is a ****.

No he didn't. Thompson was within about a metre of him, if Beltrame wanted to do something he would've done it. And even if he did, you're trying to compare threatening to do ... something, we don't even know what, to a guy who has made at least 3 HORROR tackles, probably more, which were intended to deliberately injure the victim. One of which was so severe that Muscat was ordered by the court to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation.

Also, have any footballers ever labelled Daniel Beltrame as 'the most hated man in football'? Just wondering :)

You are wrong actually Holmes went for 10 million and settled for 600k with no admission of liability (due to Holmes already having a pre existing injury). Pretty much the court case was bad publicity for Wolves and they paid him out to put his frivolous claims to rest. In any case Holmes went on to play 5 more years of football and just wasn't good enough for Charlton. From those who have seen footage of the tackle (I haven't myself) the general consensus is there have been worse tackles (most notably Roy Keane)

You are wrong actually Holmes went for 10 million and settled for 600k with no admission of liability (due to Holmes already having a pre existing injury). Pretty much the court case was bad publicity for Wolves and they paid him out to put his frivolous claims to rest. In any case Holmes went on to play 5 more years of football and just wasn't good enough for Charlton. From those who have seen footage of the tackle (I haven't myself) the general consensus is there have been worse tackles (most notably Roy Keane)
Frivolous claims? Yes, getting violently attacked by a giant thug is frivolous, who cares about you sir, this guy is a football god!

:rolleyes:

bl again WC2022Qatar

WorldCup2022OZ said:
You are wrong actually Holmes went for 10 million and settled for 600k with no admission of liability (due to Holmes already having a pre existing injury). Pretty much the court case was bad publicity for Wolves and they paid him out to put his frivolous claims to rest. In any case Holmes went on to play 5 more years of football and just wasn't good enough for Charlton.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/02/22/1077384622513.html?from=storyrhs

'Holmes needed four operations, a steel rod in his left leg and skin grafts from his buttocks to repair a hole in his ankle after the tackle in the first division match between Charlton and Wolverhampton in 1998. '

'"I am scarred for life, both physically and mentally," Holmes said last year.

"I had to call it a day a year after the challenge from Muscat. I was only 29 and it was heartbreaking.

"There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it. The scar is there on my leg to remind me. That is why I am prepared to go all the way. I owe it to my family."

He said he is lucky he is still able to play once a week for Dorchester in the Southern Football League, effectively England's sixth division, but said he still suffers pain from the injury. '

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/3514673.stm

'Former Charlton midfielder Matthew Holmes has been awarded agreed damages of £250,000 at the High Court for a tackle by defender Kevin Muscat.'

You are absolute lying scum. You're nearly as bad as Muscat himself is, denigrating the character of the same guy who Muscat ruined the career of and making up absolute bullshit to defend him just because he's a Victory player.

WorldCup2022OZ said:
From those who have seen footage of the tackle (I haven't myself) the general consensus is there have been worse tackles (most notably Roy Keane

What the **** is your point? There have been worse murderers than Martin Bryant, that doesn't make Bryant any less of a ****. Just like there have been worse thugs than Kevin Muscat, but that doesn't mean Muscat isn't a thug.

Is it little wonder that some Melbourne fans adore the thug that is Kevin Muscat when you look back through the violent history of some Melbourne fans.

2001 - NSL Semi Final Knights v Glory, Knights fans attacked some players and a coach as the Glory left the ground.

2004 - Sth Melbourne v Preston Lions, a riot breaks out and 4 police are injured.

2006 - 20 flares let off in Melbourne Fed Square while watching an outdoor broadcast of a Socceroos match.

And there is a crisis meeting called for this Monday between FFA, MV and Police.

Members of the Police Force are reluctant to volunteer to work at MV matches because of the violence amongst supporters.

Recently 24 evictions at a match that had 8000 people.

In another match 14 flares were lit during a game and 3 police officers were assaulted including 1 being bitten.

To these supporters Kevin Muscat is a Hero, to the normal soccer population of Australia he will be remembered as a thug.

Muscat will be remembered by his coaching exploits when its all said and done. Little to no doubt in my mind he will end up coaching the Victory in the not to distant future

Is it little wonder that some Melbourne fans adore the thug that is Kevin Muscat when you look back through the violent history of some Melbourne fans.

2001 - NSL Semi Final Knights v Glory, Knights fans attacked some players and a coach as the Glory left the ground.

2004 - Sth Melbourne v Preston Lions, a riot breaks out and 4 police are injured.

2006 - 20 flares let off in Melbourne Fed Square while watching an outdoor broadcast of a Socceroos match.

And there is a crisis meeting called for this Monday between FFA, MV and Police.

Members of the Police Force are reluctant to volunteer to work at MV matches because of the violence amongst supporters.

Recently 24 evictions at a match that had 8000 people.

In another match 14 flares were lit during a game and 3 police officers were assaulted including 1 being bitten.

To these supporters Kevin Muscat is a Hero, to the normal soccer population of Australia he will be remembered as a thug.

I think you'll find that only a tiny percentage of Melb supporters are thugs...probably about the same percentage of all the other A League clubs and AFL and League clubs around the country. And if those incidents are the best you can come up with to crucify Melb football supporters over a ten year period, then in reality it's pretty tame isn't it?

You idiot. Some nice selective editing of incidents. Like there has never been any violence at soccer in other cities. I suppose if you live in a backward town like Adelaide you'll catch up one day.

Boro - read the post, I did say some Melbourne fans.

I understand it is the minority as it is the minority placing Muscat on legend status here.

Only takes a small few to ruin it for everyone else.
Confirmation of how stupid you are. I don't think any mv fan thinks he isn't a thug. Everyone believes the Zahra tackle was inexcusable. The rest of this thread is going over old ground and sour grapes from mainly AU fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ernie Sigley said:
Confirmation of how stupid you are. I don't think any mv fan thinks he isn't a thug.

WorldCup2022Qatar thinks he's a 'top bloke', and you think that Adelaide players are just as bad. Both of you are deluded.

I don't think
Well isn't that obvious.
Only someone who doesn't look at the facts and thinks about the circumstances wouldn't beleive that Muscat is the biggest thug to play in the A-League

I used to only watch Adelaide United games, and even without knowing about all the hate, and all the history, or any of the s**t, Kevin Muscat would always be the one person who I'd see and go 'why didn't he get a card for that' every single game.

He'll throw elbows, he'll kick people while they're down, he'll step on peoples hands, and now, he'll just take people out.

The fact that he only has 2 red cards in recent times shows how incompetant the A-League refs are, he should have more red cards than games played, he's that much of a thug.

So Ernie, put your thinking cap on, use that thing inside your skull (it's a brain) and finally come to the realisation that Kevin '****wit' Muscat is the dirtiest player to play in the A-League

WorldCup2022Qatar thinks he's a 'top bloke', and you think that Adelaide players are just as bad. Both of you are deluded.

Off field maybe he is - how would you know?

I said he is hardly the only bloke in the A-league history to try an injury someone - Again how would you know, you only started watched A-league recently.

Off field maybe he is - how would you know?

I said he is hardly the only bloke in the A-league history to try an injury someone - Again how would you know, you only started watched A-league recently.

No, but he's the worst repeat offender and his attempts are generally far more serious than anyone else's. Comparing whatever it was Beltrame apparently did to Muscat = :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Muscat is being likened to Hitler now? :eek: Some perspective would be nice...He was a player who played on the edge and went over it a few too many times. His reputation will rightfully be tarnished because of that but he was still a very good player when in control. His career is over now, so maybe give the vitriol a rest and have a quiet drink to celebrate if you hated the guy so much :D Just as I did when Michael Valkanis finally stopped playing (if you can call what he did playing) :D

A balanced view point.

That's great. You go and be proud that you have a 'good thug', while I laugh at the fact that you even remembered that 'incident' (using the term very loosely) from the GF where nothing actually happened and was never going to happen years later.

You AUFC fans really do have some sick sort of obsession with Musky; do yourself a favor and just let it go.
I could say the same about you and Qatar, but, whatever, you dont listen so why should we

Remove this Banner Ad

Back