Music at T20 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Love test cricket but have been to a number of BBL matches over the past few years and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's so far removed from test cricket and you really need to enjoy it for what it is. The music, lighting etc all add to the atmosphere. Not sure why people get so wound up about it. Plenty of room for all forms of cricket.

Whilst the league is still called the Big Bash League and not the ACL or APL I don't think there are any prospects of moving away from the gimmicky stuff.

Haha, that is a very fair point.

Meh I don't mind it. I'd rather listen to that than listen to Andy Maher. I can't stand him, and the way he talks as if he has followed cricket all his life. At least Mark Howard looks like he supported cricket during his lifetime the way we do.

I was watching a Brisbane Heat game, and after every few overs, the announcer would start singing a 'Brisbane' chant. It was the worst thing I've ever heard just about.

You want it different to a Test Match atmosphere, but crappy pop songs really get to me after a bit.

Love test cricket but have been to a number of BBL matches over the past few years and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's so far removed from test cricket and you really need to enjoy it for what it is. The music, lighting etc all add to the atmosphere. Not sure why people get so wound up about it. Plenty of room for all forms of cricket.

Sure there is plenty of room for all forms of cricket. It's just that with the all the music, flashing lights, fireworks, cheerleaders and screaming announcers, I find it really difficult to actually appreciate the cricket itself.

On another observation from the BBL game at the MCG last night. The scoreboard had an image which included heaps of Melbourne Stars logos layered on top of each other. The Melbourne Stars logo layered on top of itself over and over again looks exactly like a pile of marijuana leaves!

And judging by their performance I reckon the Strikers had been smoking heaps of Stars logos before the game last night.

Not a big fan of all the music, seems an odd inclusion to such a gentle sport.

My memory stretches back to the days of even not having screens on the ground let alone loud music. I can still remember Dennis Lillee's record wicket to pass Lance Gibbs at the MCG, I was there ... imprinted on my memory is the can of VB I was reaching for and looking at from my esky as the crowd around me roared to that iconic wicket. :rolleyes: That was just before the MCG introduced a 'one slab per person limit' for those attending cricket games at the MCG. There was uproar from patrons at the time. Legend has it a lot of lasting relationships occurred (and ended) after romantic blokes took their ladies to the cricket, often even offering to carry their darl's slab on entry ... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back