Opinion Music at the footy

Preferred in game song.?

• Sweet Caroline Neil Diamond

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Hells Bells - ACDC

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was replying to the other post thanks and i agree it's not , he said 80's rock . Happy to have Acca Dacca
The bloke who plays thunderstruck before every Storm game at home is aripper

I was replying to the other post thanks and i agree it's not , he said 80's rock . Happy to have Acca Dacca
Sweet Caroline gets played at half time (and I agree it ain’t rock).

I was instead referring to the music played after goals.

The 80’s had a mix of the best & worst of rock.

Either way, I liked the bloke playing the didgeridoo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like gambling ads and overbearing noisy ground announcers, it seems music at the footy is here to stay.

No offence to Jewelsbon who loves Sweet Caroline and related a lovely story about taking her BFF Leeeeeg fan to the SCG

BUT

That song whatever we think about it is indelibly linked the Boston Red Sox. I’d hope we could be less derivative.

Id prefer we went down a different route.

I suggest we pay a big sum inc to Bon Scots heirs and play the opening riffs of the Bells tolling in ACDC’s tribute to Bon when the game is squarely in our favour in the last quarter

I could take it or leave it but I don't understand why music at the football gets so many people riled up (especially when we're talking about some music during the breaks). I like the idea of coming up with something unique to our club but I think part of the appeal of Sweet Caroline is that it's easy to sing along to and everyone knows the lyrics.

If I were to change it, it would be for something similarly iconic and easy to sing along to. I'm not much of a gunners fan but something like Sweet child of mine would fit the bill. It goes for about 6 minutes so would fill the break nicely.

Like gambling ads and overbearing noisy ground announcers, it seems music at the footy is here to stay.

No offence to Jewelsbon who loves Sweet Caroline and related a lovely story about taking her BFF Leeeeeg fan to the SCG

BUT

That song whatever we think about it is indelibly linked the Boston Red Sox. I’d hope we could be less derivative.

Id prefer we went down a different route.

I suggest we pay a big sum inc to Bon Scots heirs and play the opening riffs of the Bells tolling in ACDC’s tribute to Bon when the game is squarely in our favour in the last quarter
I dunno Horace. Having experienced the SCG first hand for the first time in my life, I couldn't help but appreciate there is a certain Sweet Caroline charm to that ground, with the old stands and the clock tower.

I didn't get "intimidating cauldron" vibes from the SCG. I got wholesome, homage to yesteryear vibes from the SCG.

Maybe we just need to accept that we are the soft, fluffy hot water bottle club of the AFL. Leave the edgy stuff for the clubs who like to think they are edgy and then flop regularly (Port, Freo)

I dunno Horace. Having experienced the SCG first hand for the first time in my life, I couldn't help but appreciate there is a certain Sweet Caroline charm to that ground, with the old stands and the clock tower.

I didn't get "intimidating cauldron" vibes from the SCG. I got wholesome, homage to yesteryear vibes from the SCG.

Maybe we just need to accept that we are the soft, fluffy hot water bottle club of the AFL. Leave the edgy stuff for the clubs who like to think they are edgy and then flop regularly (Port, Freo)

I guess I would love to see the intro of some home crowd cauldron at the SCG. Our fans in The Ponsford Stand are very old school. I reckon we have got the boys home on more than one occasion.

Back