Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 9, 2006
At the disco!
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
Talk about music in this thread. Please keep on topic so plugger does not delete.

Went to Nevereverland yesterday and was sober so got to enjoy the music.

Highlights were Klaxons and Hercules and Love Affair. Was also surprised with the quality of Presets closing set, top vibe.

yeah went to neverevrland yesty too sneak, i was in a good state to enjoy music and thought presets and cut copy were ****ing good live

Went to the meredith festival on the weekend, if it was for the terrential rain it would have been incredible. On saturday night had a local group called the yacht club dj's and they were gold.

Went to the meredith festival on the weekend, if it was for the terrential rain it would have been incredible. On saturday night had a local group called the yacht club dj's and they were gold.

Was also there mate, was good fun looking back on it....The bloke from the yacht club djs who took his shirt off and was going mental is from Echuca...nothing but quality from there!!!

Architechture in Helsinki were awesome....MGMT put me to sleep, were terrible!!

Haha yeah MGMT were dead set painful, if they are going to take the awesome timeslot on the Saturday night they have to provide more entertainment than what they did. Probably the biggest letdown concert wise I have ever had... Little Red, Architechture, Man Man, Broken Social Scene, were all gold and for some reason all that mud made it an enjoyable experience!!

• Banned
Not sure what you guys were expecting from MGMT? They are not exactly going to come out and get the crowd dancing. Just appreciate them for what they are, a fun band and you will enjoy it.

I spose what made it worse was it was pissing down with rain, they played one song, then they were f***ing around with cords for about ten minutes, and it was just shambles... did you see them on thurs night sneak?

Not sure what you guys were expecting from MGMT? They are not exactly going to come out and get the crowd dancing. Just appreciate them for what they are, a fun band and you will enjoy it.

Have you even seen them??? We were standing in the rain for two days straight and they just stood there like zombies and as mentioned focused on instrumentals rather than playing their songs and interacting with a pretty dedicated crowd.....

They were rubbish and not fun at all...very boring

Guys. This has nothing to do with footy. I will not remove it. If Fred or Itsmyshow chose to do so, then they will. I have already moved a thread similar to this before so whatever happens, happens. Keep it on topic and maybe they might leave it here. 1 thing is for sure, it will be closed when the footy season comes around again. This is a footy site after all.

Plug

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about music in this thread. Please keep on topic so plugger does not delete.

Went to Nevereverland yesterday and was sober so got to enjoy the music.

Highlights were Klaxons and Hercules and Love Affair. Was also surprised with the quality of Presets closing set, top vibe.
were you sober to enjoy the music or because you were poor? because you were in bed when i called you on saturday night as well.

hmmm...... they are tough times, goal sneak.

I spose what made it worse was it was pissing down with rain, they played one song, then they were f***ing around with cords for about ten minutes, and it was just shambles... did you see them on thurs night sneak?

I know what you mean, not really what you want in the rain.

Yeah i saw them last Thursday at Festival Hall. Had a good time but did not go there expecting them to blow my socks off. I thought the lead singer was pretty good vocally. Was a bit disappointed they did not play their older stuff such as lovem always remains and destrokk.

bigpapagman said:
were you sober to enjoy the music or because you were poor? because you were in bed when i called you on saturday night as well.

hmmm...... they are tough times, goal sneak.
A little bit of both papa. Saving my coin at the moment for when I move out. Main reason i didn't drink though was because I was there alone. The hire-a-friend company was booked out so had to go solo. First Saturday night I have stayed home for a long time, and i gotta say it was s**t.

PS Plugger please don't delete this thread. 15 posts already show people are interested and if we can keep it on topic I can see no reason why it should go.

Speaking of festivals and such, Nevereverland last year was awesome, and Good Vibrations was good too (Cypress Hill, Surkin, Kanye West), best music festival I've been to was 06 Big Day Out got to see...

The White Stripes
Kings Of Leon
Iggy and The Stooges
Cut Copy
Presets
Henry Rollins
plus bits of M.I.A., Hilltop Hoods and Franz Ferdinand
Finished off with 2manydj's

Pyramid line up is good.

Digitalism
The Teenagers
Midnight Juggernauts