MC Bad Genius

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
I watched A Band Called Death the other night and was actually pretty disappointed with it. The music Death produced was killer and there is an interesting story in there, but the film itself was pretty boring. Has anyone else seen it?

MC Bad Genius

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
Is it the one where they give Chuck sh*t for canceling tours?
I've got no idea what you're referring to haha. A Band Called Death is about three brothers in the early 70s that started a punk band a few years before punk existed, but their album never got released due to their record label pulling their deal because they refused to change their band name to something else.

PoppedCorn

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 29, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham 76ers
I've got no idea what you're referring to haha. A Band Called Death is about three brothers in the early 70s that started a punk band a few years before punk existed, but their album never got released due to their record label pulling their deal because they refused to change their band name to something else.
Lmfao
Im thinking of the band...Death

But gotta say
Yours sounds interesting

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
I've recently watched the Country Music series on SBS (apparently a lot more footage in the original PBS production) - very good history of country.
That was a Ken Burns production - that's why it was a quality production - with his favourite narrator, actor Peter Coyote. Google him and you will recognize his face, he has done hundreds of bit pieces in movies over 50 years, never the star, and has been a voice over actor for docs for 25-30 years.

Burns' Country Music 8 x 2hrs nicely complemented his Jazz doco series of 10 x 2hrs from 2001. No more music stuff in his future projects for the next few yers.

As someone who doesn't mind some country music, rather than a greater lover of it, I knew Dolly Parton was a prodigious writer, producer of other people's songs but had no idea how influential Willie Nelson was away from his own performances over the last 60 years, and also the impact of Kris Kristofferson. Never new he wrote Me and Bobby McGee and had recorded it before Janis Joplin. Loved the Johnny Cash stuff in the series.

Top Bottom