Leaping Lindner

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2002
St Kilda
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
You guys might be able to help me locate another doco I saw a couple of years ago on ABC2 at like midnight, it was an old punkish band from Australia that were ******* mental, like I mean vomiting on people and fighting with the crowd mental, it followed them on a European tour or something. I'm sketchy on the details, may not even have been a punk band... I did see a thread on BF about it around the time but I can't for the life of me remember the bands name now.

Six Ft Hick - Notes from the Underground.

Leaping Lindner

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2002
St Kilda
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
"We were living on dogfood" - is on abc iview atm. It's about the emergence of the punk scene in melbourne in the mid nineties. Essentially it's made up of interview sound bites to people like Alanah hill talking about their experiences. Only goest for 30 mins but def worth a look if you're into fringe music from the 70s (krautrock also gets a mention) OR you are interested in melbourne history.

It's originally 90 minutes long and available as the bonus disc with Dogs in Space. ABC2 cut the **** out of it for some reason.

Sep 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
R-112294-8.jpg

crownie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Loved it. Have read so many bios on The Beatles, and John in particular, that it was so refreshing to see that other angle and insight.

4 extremely unique people who shared one of a kind experiences.

is that an actual doco or a movie made about his life?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just watched the one of the best music docs I've ever seen, about the legendary George Rrurrambu of the Warumpi Band, one of the greatest frontmen in the history of music. Still available to watch on ABC iView for the next 7 days. If you love this country, do not miss this. For black fellas and white fellas :thumbsu::cool:

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/42986

Trailer below -

Dec 29, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Norwood
Just watched the one of the best music docs I've ever seen, about the legendary George Rrurrambu of the Warumpi Band, one of the greatest frontmen in the history of music. Still available to watch on ABC iView for the next 7 days. If you love this country, do not miss this. For black fellas and white fellas :thumbsu::cool:

Trailer below -

Cheers I will watch that. Have you seen the Black Armband one? I really enjoyed that

Six Ft Hick - Notes from the Underground.

Great doco on a great band, at the height of their powers they were something to behold.

I took a girl to see them in Sydney years ago, she was genuinely scared! lol

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC

Trailer below -

That looks great. Right onto it. Merci beacoup

EDIT... IF you are not in Australia then you cannot watch that link... Anyone got any other ways around it?

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Great doco on a great band, at the height of their powers they were something to behold.

I took a girl to see them in Sydney years ago, she was genuinely scared! lol

This sounds like an awesome doco. I had a similar experience where Ben jumped up on one of the tables at the Annandale and leant it over and rode it to the ground. My girlfriend (now my wife) was going to hide behind me but wasn't able to because some other guy was cowering behind me!!!

I've met both the brothers outside of shows and they are really nice and entirely non-threatening. But on stage, holy crap, they are insane.

This sounds like an awesome doco. I had a similar experience where Ben jumped up on one of the tables at the Annandale and leant it over and rode it to the ground. My girlfriend (now my wife) was going to hide behind me but wasn't able to because some other guy was cowering behind me!!!

I've met both the brothers outside of shows and they are really nice and entirely non-threatening. But on stage, holy crap, they are insane.
Great story!

I've known them both for years and count them as great friends, they played my 40th,now that was a night to remember but there are quite a few fuzzy holes in my memory.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos

Trailer below -

Was hoping that got a mention in this thread. Fantastic doco. Glad I got to see Warumpi band once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back