Music for New Born

Currently have a 1 week old little boy who likes to scream and carry on like nobodies business. In my travels and attempts to get the little bugger to calm down - i have resorted to raiding my cd collection to find the tunes to soothe the savage beast. It turns out - little fella loves the album "Beautiful Freak" by the Eels - play it on the cd player and he goes quiet.

Assuming not a lot of you out there have newborns or have been exposed to new borns - out of your music collection currently, what music do you think would soothe your newborn (if it were ever to happen).

Have a two week old currently, my cd collection would not be considered newborn friendly, as there isn't a lot of mozart, strauss, bach etc.

Ive just hooked my iriver up to speakers and let it randomly cycle through the collection, there is Metallica S&M so it does have a full orchestra, and i suppose what one classifies as classics is in the eye of the beholder.

So far have been singing (badly, i am assured by my partner) anything from metallica to bob dylan to Atticus(boys' name), he doesn't seem to mind though, well at the moment anyway.

Cheers and congrats!!!!!!!!!

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
Mozart violin/string arrangments--the slower ones or:) ....

Quiet Peter Gabriel songs:) ....or

if all else fails....Motley Crue's Girls,Girls,Girls ;)

Apr 10, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Put on a bit of Prince's raunchier tunes, the kid will be a hit with the ladies :thumbsu:

Apparently though classical music, even played to a baby, can subconsciously increase their understanding of mathematics.

Back