Music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Very sad day. I just read that of the death of Mark E Smith of The Fall. I first saw them in 1982 at the Seaview Ballroom and then in 2011 when they were touring “Your Future Our Clutter.” A great band. Smith was only 60, but after decades of drug and alcohol abuse he looked like he was in his eighties.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...-smith-lead-singer-with-the-fall-dies-aged-60

Here’s some of his best work:

Last edited:
Very sad day. I just read that of the death of Mark E Smith of The Fall. I first saw them in 1982 at the Seaview Ballroom and then in 2011 when they were touring “Your Future Our Clutter.” A great band. Smith was only 60, but after decades of drug and alcohol abuse he looked like he was in his eighties.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...-smith-lead-singer-with-the-fall-dies-aged-60

Holy crap all those guys from the 80s and 90s are dying. Have to play Cruisers Creek tonight.

First & last time I saw him/The Fall was in October of 2015 and we got him in an oddly pleasant kind of don't give a fook mood - pretty sure we were blessed with this to close the set... RIP Mark E.

I forgot just how good the Divinyls were. Watching an old taped new wave rage special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to believe it's been over a year since we lost Chester Bennington from Linkin Park. That band was my teen years.

There is a pretty cool Underworld/Iggy Pop collaboration at the moment that I enjoyed this afternoon. Then I also found that Offspring and 311 had covered each other. Offspring's version of Down was much better than the 311 cover of Self-Esteem but they were both pretty cool.

50+ clique thread or Music thread? Meh...

Peter Murphy/Bauhaus - playing their 1980 debut album - In the Flat Field - from the 4AD stable, in its entirety... plus a few MORE. At the old Melbourne HiFi bar this October. Last saw him at the Corner Hotel 5 years ago and have tix to see him again this year. Goth Rock at its BEST!!!

Hey Nunez , I regularly look on here for your gig information, I'm keen to get along and have a gander one day.

Do you mind tagging me in a post on here next time you have a gig in Brisbane please.

Hey Nunez , I regularly look on here for your gig information, I'm keen to get along and have a gander one day.

Do you mind tagging me in a post on here next time you have a gig in Brisbane please.

For sure mate! Next gig is at Lefty's Old Time Music Hall on August 23rd with my band. More rock and blues compared to my solo stuff though. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back