Music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Been listening to Bob Seger today, he made some fantastic music.

Against the wind always makes me feel so melancholy, it's great how a few minutes of music can make you contemplate and reflect on your whole life.

Been listening to Bob Seger today, he made some fantastic music.

Against the wind always makes me feel so melancholy, it's great how a few minutes of music can make you contemplate and reflect on your whole life.

He's great. My favourite is "Still the same". Shows your appeal when you have bands as wide ranging as Metallica and The Highwaymen covering you though. If it's possible for someone to be underrated at his level of fame, I think he is. Always thought he's a better writer than Springsteen in that heartland rock style.

Been listening to a lot of Grateful Dead live albums lately. 89/90 period. Great stuff to put on headphones when doing other work.

He's great. My favourite is "Still the same". Shows your appeal when you have bands as wide ranging as Metallica and The Highwaymen covering you though. If it's possible for someone to be underrated at his level of fame, I think he is. Always thought he's a better writer than Springsteen in that heartland rock style.

Been listening to a lot of Grateful Dead live albums lately. 89/90 period. Great stuff to put on headphones when doing other work.

How was Bob? The last time I saw him I thought his pipes wouldn't stand up much longer, then he released that album of ballads & after a short listen decided to just keep the memories.

Loved it. I think the Sinatra covers albums taught him to sing personally. His voice has improved!

Bugger, I'm a bit of a "Bobaholic" & from memory I've only missed one other tour of his to Australia & that was because I was out in the middle of the desert country.

Last edited:

Enjoyed watching those. As always with any genre with Japanese groups there's always a fair bit of uniformity and disneyfication :) Have you seen them live? Some of the most energetic and fun shows I've seen live have been Japanese groups and that those live videos looked liked fun.

Enjoyed watching those. As always with any genre with Japanese groups there's always a fair bit of uniformity and disneyfication :) Have you seen them live? Some of the most energetic and fun shows I've seen live have been Japanese groups and that those live videos looked liked fun.

Will be seeing them live in December at the Good Things music festival at Flemington Racecourse. Really can't wait for that! As soon as I finished watching the Road of Resistance video 3 months ago, I knew I had to see them. Lucky I didn't have to wait too long. Long time fans in Australia have been waiting for years. Their origins and sudden internet fame and initial reaction around the world make for a great documentary I feel.

Not sure if Disneyfication is the word; this is better than a lot of things Disney has put out!

Me and some of my good musical friends are putting on a fundraiser gig this Saturday December 1st at The Green Room, Fortitude Valley to raise money for Precious Paws - a local Brisbane charity who rescue dogs on death row. They've saved so many dogs lives and we want to raise as much as possible to make sure they can continue to do their great work into the future. Among those playing is Leonie Kingdom who is absolutely taking off right now so if you're into folk, blues and americana - come along and help us raise money for a fantastic cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back