Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
R.I.P Rory Donoghue [Thin Arthur] of the Iconic ABC show of the 70's The Aunty Jack Show. Grahame Bond [Aunty Jack] Norman Gunston [Captain Kid Eager]. Rory wrote and performed the theme song for the Aunty Jack Show

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Moody Blues singer and musician Ray Thomas passes away at age 76
MUSICIAN and singer Ray Thomas, a founding member of English rock band The Moody Blues, has died suddenly at the age of 76.

aa86590ec0081b9f26ae72a90d988b01

RIP >>>

Markthirtytwo2

Team Captain
Jan 2, 2018
Beyond Doubt
AFL Club
Adelaide
And now for something heretic.

There is a new messiah.

God has been replaced by Joe Bonamassa. In my view anyway.

Listen to "Mountain Climbing". It'll blow your socks off.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
And now for something heretic.

There is a new messiah.

God has been replaced by Joe Bonamassa. In my view anyway.

Listen to "Mountain Climbing". It'll blow your socks off.
Excellent guitarist Joe but IMO not quite in the class of Jeff Beck, Clapton, David Gilmour, Stevie Ray Vaughan and a few others but each to their own...Great blues man but, reminds me a lot of of the late, great Gary Moore.

Markthirtytwo2

Team Captain
Jan 2, 2018
Beyond Doubt
AFL Club
Adelaide
Excellent guitarist Joe but IMO not quite in the class of Jeff Beck, Clapton, David Gilmour, Stevie Ray Vaughan and a few others but each to their own...Great blues man but, reminds me a lot of of the late, great Gary Moore.

Seen most of the 'greats' but no one used to hold a candle to slowhand, but slowhand has slowed down. And as I said Joe is catching up.
Eric also became too commercial. You would I assume know he does still prefer the Blues to anything else. Been to two Crossroads Festivals.

Beck has been very good, but to be a complete showman you must also perform vocals. He does not.
Gilmour is melodic in his style and how can you blame him from where he came. SRV passed before I could catch him as did the great Gazza.

To my mind Moore has the best licks in music, on Still Got the Blues For You. Just ahead of Page on Stairway To Heaven, followed by Shine On You Crazy Diamond with DG.

Back