Music you are listening to at the moment thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A very different version of Lennon's Jealous Guy by the late, great Lou Reed....He really smokes it!!

Don't see it myself. When Lennon sings it he's telling the story. Reed's just comes across as a treatment of a brilliant song. The meaning in the song is almost entirely lost. It's disjointed.

I went back through the Deep Purple catalogue. Liked it more than Black Sabbath, though liked their stuff too.

I've been listening to a few bands that came and went in the 80s/early 90s without making a splash: The Gun Club (American post punk) and The Wipers (precursor to grunge, Nirvana covered a couple of their songs)

More modern band Deerhunter, describe themselves as 'ambient punk.' Last few albums have been a bit more normal but their early albums Cryptograms, Microcastle and Weird Era Cont. and a bunch of EPs are different and worth checking out.

Not very short, back and sides of you.

Don't see it myself. When Lennon sings it he's telling the story. Reed's just comes across as a treatment of a brilliant song. The meaning in the song is almost entirely lost. It's disjointed.
Different strokes for different folks I guess, I like Lennon's version, I like Bryan Ferry's version and I also like the harder edge treatment Lou Reed gave it. Jealousy takes very many different forms.

I went back through the Deep Purple catalogue. Liked it more than Black Sabbath, though liked their stuff too.

I've been listening to a few bands that came and went in the 80s/early 90s without making a splash: The Gun Club (American post punk) and The Wipers (precursor to grunge, Nirvana covered a couple of their songs)

More modern band Deerhunter, describe themselves as 'ambient punk.' Last few albums have been a bit more normal but their early albums Cryptograms, Microcastle and Weird Era Cont. and a bunch of EPs are different and worth checking out.

I've really enjoyed the Black Sabbath back catalog so I will do the same for Deep Purple. Any albums you recommend?

btw I though Black Sabbaths first 3 albums were very good especially Paranoid and Vol 4. Really love the songs Planet Caravan and Tomorrow's Dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've really enjoyed the Black Sabbath back catalog so I will do the same for Deep Purple. Any albums you recommend?

btw I though Black Sabbaths first 3 albums were very good especially Paranoid and Vol 4. Really love the songs Planet Caravan and Tomorrow's Dream.
Three back to back albums in the early 70s are their prime:
Deep Purple In Rock
Fireball
Machine Head

They kind of fell apart after that

I doubt if I could come up with 5 Rolling Stones songs that are any good, so they must be ****ing horrible in the 90's.
That's when Keith Richards increased his herbal diet and took an active interest in climbing trees.

It's Rolling Stone's magazine, not associated with the band in any way.

Rolling Stones however, are at number 7, 32 and 58.
Oh I see...I was gunna say:D
Gimme Shelter
No Expectations
Sweet Virgina
You Can't Always get what you want
Wild Horses.

etc, etc

Hmmm
Sympathy for the Devil, Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter...thats it for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back