Music you are listening to at the moment thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They were known as the band that were loved by the muso's. Lennon, Harrison, Richards etc were fans,
Paul Rodgers my No.1 Rock Singer of all time just ahead of Steve Winwood and Robert Plant....Singer/Songwriter Warren Zevon always held a special place in my heart if you're talking underrated.

Last edited:
Paul Rodgers my No.1 Rock Singer of all time just ahead of Steve Winwood and Robert Plant....Singer/Songwriter Warren Zevon always held a special place in my heart if you're talking underrated.

Fire and Water is in my all time top 10. An amazing album.

Fire and Water is in my all time top 10. An amazing album.
Mine too along with Straight Shooter - Bad Company- Featuring Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke from Free

Reckon you you might like this long forgotten piece off Free's dearly departed master guitarist Paul Kossoff's solo album Backstreet Crawler featuring all members of Free.

The track "Molten Gold" with Paul Rodgers and the forgotten Jess Roden on vocals..

Last edited:
Canadian Daniel Lanois more famous as a record producer (Bob Dylan, U2, Emmylou Harris, Neil Young, Brian Eno, Peter Gabriel etc) but a pretty amazing singer/musician/songwriter in his own right...Some amazing art by Thomas Hart Benson featured in the video...Thoughts Drugs Are Bad Mackay?

Thanks, will give it a listen!

I loved Dylan's Time Out of Mind album, produced by Lanois. Actually saw Bob in concert in the 90s just after that album came out and he played a bunch of songs from it plus some older hits. Great show. Patti Smith opened and she spat on a security guard...

Thrown in Dylan's set was a bluesy, rocking song I didn't know. Was awesome and I caught a lyric or two so that I could look it up later. Was the Man in the Long Black Coat. From the Oh Mercy album that he also did with Lanois.

I was unfamiliar with the album but checked it out and liked it. After further reading found out that that album whilst unsuccessful at the time had aged well and was regarded as Dylan's rebirth after a fairly dire 80s stretch.

Thanks, will give it a listen!

I loved Dylan's Time Out of Mind album, produced by Lanois. Actually saw Bob in concert in the 90s just after that album came out and he played a bunch of songs from it plus some older hits. Great show. Patti Smith opened and she spat on a security guard...

Thrown in Dylan's set was a bluesy, rocking song I didn't know. Was awesome and I caught a lyric or two so that I could look it up later. Was the Man in the Long Black Coat. From the Oh Mercy album that he also did with Lanois.

I was unfamiliar with the album but checked it out and liked it. After further reading found out that that album whilst unsuccessful at the time had aged well and was regarded as Dylan's rebirth after a fairly dire 80s stretch.
If you like Dylan you might like to look up David Blue on youtube a great mate of Dylan's from the early Greenwich Village Dylan days and in a similar folksy singer/songwriter vein...largely gone and forgotten passing at only 41. Quite a bit of his music from that era on Youtube.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think live music comes better than this...With so many legendary musos..

Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, George Harrison , Roger McGuinn, Tom Petty, Donald 'duck' Dunn, Steve Cropper, Jim Keltner, Anton Fig, G. E. Smith, Al Kooper all on the one stage doing a great Dylan song justice..George, Tom and Donald no longer with us but plenty of music to remember them.

Deaneus! I was flipping around the dial last night and lo and behold the Blues Brothers was on. Found myself watching it for the 1000th time

This is the song playing in Elwood's microscopic apartment when Jake falls asleep in his bed (the How often does a train go by? So often you won't even notice it scene)

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? I reckon you'd find some gems from the past you'd like on this Facebook page...Heaps of old now obscure footage this guys added colour and improved so they're viewable.

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? I reckon you'd find some gems from the past you'd like on this Facebook page...Heaps of old now obscure footage this guys added colour and improved so they're viewable.

Followed :)

Thank you. Will check it out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back