Musical feuds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnny stole Joey's girlfriend and ended up marrying her, they didn't speak for many years even though they still recorded and toured.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Actually before and after that happening it was a lot do with one being a staunch Democrat and the other being a staunch Republican.

Actually before and after that happening it was a lot do with one being a staunch Democrat and the other being a staunch Republican.
There was a whole heap of stuff in the Ramones feud, politics, attitude and the love triangle...

It's something we all like to believe, that bandmates are good mates, but with bands that have been together a long time, it's got to be quite rare. People start out in their teens or early 20s when they may be very close, but it's only natural that their paths split over time. Think of yourself and who your friends were, and what your interests were, at 15, then to 25, 30, etc, and how it's all changed over time. It could be a massive source of frustration to still be with the same people you were very close to half your lifetime ago, with every person in that group now very different, yet still referencing each other by who they used to be rather than are.

It sounds even more tragic with your friends though, like you said, good people and talented, but they didn't even get to have the time over a successful career to fall out first.

Yeah definitely, I think most people have left friendship groups because they are still looked upon and treated like they were when they were 20 when their 35 or whatever and it just doesn’t work anymore

Dave Mustaine vs Metallica

With Megadeth and Metallica being my two favourite bands this is the first one I thought of. Dave is a bit of a ******* and hard to work with judging by the amount of band members he's had over the years but a genius (imo). When Dave and Lars did the Some Kind of Monster interview Lars reckoned when they were leaving the hotel they started the car and For Whom the Bell Tolls was on the radio, some station that never plays them allegedly.

Also when Megadeth finally won a grammy the band had an interesting song choice:

This did warm the heart though a few years back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The original members of Blondie (Debbie Harry, Chris Stein, Clem Burke & Jimmy Destri) vs Nigel Harrison and Frank Infante.
Unfortunately this feud was played out in an embarrassing Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in 2006.

Madonna v Elton John (Elton acting like a hold diva)

Madonna v Lady Gaga ( Madonna called last Gaga reductive after she and a lot of the media thought that born this way sounded similar too Express yourself)

Madonna v Elton John (Elton acting like a hold diva)

Madonna v Lady Gaga ( Madonna called last Gaga reductive after she and a lot of the media thought that born this way sounded similar too Express yourself)
I think you're confusing cat fights with feuds!

when the first live aid record was being recorded.
sting is supposed to of said is that bozo

and bono replied by saying is that string.

Pete Townsend and Roger Daltry have had a love/hate relationship for decades.

Mick and Keith had had a few cold wars and both had a dislike for Brian Jones in Brian’s last couple of years with the band. Mick wasn’t a fan of Keith’s drug enablers like Gram Parsons or Bobby Keys either.

John Lennon slagged off pretty much every one of his contemporaries, including his band mates, after he and Yoko departed England.

Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel didn’t speak for many years after they broke up.

Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi no longer communicate.

Elton John ( of all people ) had a rather bitchy crack at Keith Richards for attempting to prolong his youth and not acting his age.

Lots of brothers: Noel and Liam Gallagher, Ray and Dave Davies, John and Tom Fogarty.

Top 20 feuds!
Creedence Clearwater Reviva
l - Law suits still on going today- Fogerty v old band members, such a sad story that is pretty much John Fogerty's fault! Fogerty had been representing the band himself, and had signed them all to an insane 14-album deal. Eventually the problem was resolved when Fogerty gave the rights up to every CCR song to Fanatsy (the label) in exchange for letting him leave the band, thus leaving the others with just performance royalties which they all hung onto for dear life. Cook and Clifford now perform as Creedence Clearwater Revisited which really pisses Fogerty right off.
Grand Funk Railroad - Law suits still on going today - Current line up v Mark Farner who sang and wrote 90% of all their stuff!!
Oasis - Both Gallagher brothers are a couple of dead set arseholes! Get over it !
Ginger Baker v the entire music world, his antagonism toward Cream band mate Jack Bruce is legendary.
The Kinks Davies brothers Ray v Dave - They have tested sibling rivalry to the extreme
Brian Wilson V Mike Love- The Beach Boys genius who correctly receives all the accolades while Mike Love is a giant selfish flemwad!
Morrissey v Rourke and Joyce from the Smiths, contrary to popular belief it was Johnny Marr who ended the Smiths not Mozza, but both of them forgot that it was in fact a group of four and didn't pay the rhythm section accordingly. Mozza has been bitter and twisted about it since the 90's when both he and Marr lost a court ruling and had to pay a fortune in royalties.

There are a heap of others...Simon & Garfunkel always feuded Paul Simon wrote the songs while Arty sang em'
Paul Stanley despises Peter Criss calling him an insufferable prick ...and a miserabledrummer
Don Felder v Don Henley and Glenn Frey - The Eagles always had a tempestuous relationship, Felder sued the other two. Glenn Frey recalls "We're onstage, and Felder looks back at me and says, 'Only three more songs till I kick your ass, pal.' And I'm saying, 'Great. I can't wait,'" Frey later recalled. "We're out there singing 'Best of My Love,' but inside both of us are thinking, 'As soon as this is over, I'm gonna kill him.'" Thus "When Hell Freezes over"
Dave Brock V Nik Turner- The Hawkwind founders have been arguing over the name for 40 years!
Gilmour V Waters - Gilmour is a stick in the mud...Waters has mellowed considerably
Slash v Axl...both arseholes
Eddie Van Halen v Michael Anthony- Eddie is a complete a-hole!
Madonna v Elton...two old queens going at it....
John V Paul - The Beatles simply got bored and they were not businessmen, John met Yoko and Paul felt left out...it wasn't a long lasting feud.
Johnny Ramone V Joey - Johnny married Linda, Joey's former girlfriend and love of his life in 1984, remarkably staying together for another 12 years as a band. Johnny Ramone was quoted once stating after the final show in 1996 that "Joey was his singer" and he has no interest in playing with anyone else.
Lou Reed v every music journalist that ever lived, Reed was notorious for just screwing with every journo who even said hello to him
Jeff Beck v Yardbirds - Beck was sacked from the band and held a grudge for decades. At their induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1992, in his acceptance speech, Beck said, “Someone told me I should be proud tonight, but I’m not, because they kicked me out. F*** them!” Beck is a cantankerous old fool!
The Band's lead singer and drummer Levon Helm and Robbie Robertson always clashed over songwriting credits with Robertson claiming he wrote all the Band’s songs, Helm never wavered with his story asserting they were actually written collaboratively. His hatred for Robertson was so intense that when fellow Band-member Rick Danko died in 1999 and Robertson showed up at the funeral, Helm refused to enter. Robertson did visit Helm on his deathbed and they apparently made peace.

The you have Debbie Harry v ex Blondie members
Barney v Hooky from New Order
Hugh Corwnell v JJ Burnel from The Stranglers
Paul Weller v Rick Buckler from the Jam
Crosby v Young CSN&Y
Blackmore v Gillan from Deep Purple

Last edited:
Yeah the Hooky v Barney New Order one at least seems to have come to an end to mud slinging with a financial deal sorted out.

That’s until New Order release new material again for Hooky to be angry about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back