My 2017 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Good trades !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully! Will have to wait and see how consistent Newman is, and whether Tuohy continues to be average.

O'Meara up to Pendles is an obvious win though.

my current team:
B - Adams, Simpson, Shaw, Jones, Hampton, Newman, [Stewart, Hibberd]
M - Dangerfield(c), Fyfe, Heppell, Beams, Oliver, Swallow, McGrath, Powell-Pepper, [O'Meara, Barrett, Parfitt]
R - Grundy, Sandilands, [Cameron]
F - Dahlhaus, Miller, Steele, Nankervis, Roughead, Hoskin-Elliott, [Taranto, M.Kennedy]
(26 trades + 63k leftover)

View attachment 358909
This is Tempting Pickett > Balic ... Roughy > Florini
I was thinking similar but Pickett to Williamson via Hibberd DPP as it's better for my defensive structure

The problem with that type of trade is, I potentially have made upto 8 trades before a proper upgrade, that's far too many wasted imo and it'll look like you'll be in the same boat also.

I feel if these midpricers get traded out now, it has to be for a keeper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R4.PNG

That's my team, warts and all (and there are a few!). Reckon I'm not going to trade for the next 3-4 weeks unless necessary. With so few midpricers, I really needed my premos to stand up and some have not (Boyd and Shaw, I'm looking at you). Oh well, as they say - its not a sprint, its a series of hurdles that I keep managing to trip over...

I was thinking similar but Pickett to Williamson via Hibberd DPP as it's better for my defensive structure

The problem with that type of trade is, I potentially have made upto 8 trades before a proper upgrade, that's far too many wasted imo and it'll look like you'll be in the same boat also.

The only other thing with my trades i still have made money towards an upgrade and thats only 6 used for me...but roughy just doesnt seem like he will make any money.and he isnt scoring that much better than a rookie it is a hard decision it is only tuesday thou...

The only other thing with my trades i still have made money towards an upgrade and thats only 6 used for me...but roughy just doesnt seem like he will make any money.and he isnt scoring that much better than a rookie it is a hard decision it is only tuesday thou...

130k leftover isn't enough to potentially justify the trade though, 200k+ would be more worth it however as it may only be one trade used to make an upgrade, whereas with only 130k leftover and plenty of guys needing an upgrade around that 250-300k mark, our upgrade options are limited unless you make another downgrade to make a solid upgrade, so I look at it as doing 3 downgrades for one upgrade which normally is awful unless you're bringing in a full priced big dog like NRoo, Zerrett, Grundy, Adams etc.

I'll have roughly the same next week if I do Fiorini and Williamson for Pickett and Roughy (56k on Roughy/Fiorini + 54k on + the 23k I already have). It's the trades already used for meh benefit (profit) is the main concern here.

I'm kinda just thinking of giving Pickett the Stewart treatment and let them rot at D8/M11/F8 until they might get a solid score and creep somewhere between 200-250k before cashing in, I've done this with players like Nathan Brown and Lincoln McCarthy previously, it worked with Brown but failed with McCarthy (scored an 85 the week I rage traded him after not getting a touch in the last quarter against us the week before, looked completely unfit live).

But yes it's only Tuesday, it all changes come Thursday/Friday once we know teams.

I think the issue we're running into is lack of bank. I'm currently thinking either Pickett or T.Stew to Parsons which gives me roughly $545k to replace Roughead. I'm loathe to do it, but it looks like Elliot Yeo is the best option currently. Other considerations:

FWD:- Tex, Touk, and Neal-Bullen
RUC:- Jacobs, Kreuzer
MID:- Oliver, Fiorini, Menegola

Clearly, the MID line is pretty risky, probably more so than the FWDs. To get a premo D in I'd need to trade in Williamson/Balic instead of Parsons.

DEF:- Simpson, Hodge, Roberton (??)

I have no rage trades yet.

I think the issue we're running into is lack of bank. I'm currently thinking either Pickett or T.Stew to Parsons which gives me roughly $545k to replace Roughead. I'm loathe to do it, but it looks like Elliot Yeo is the best option currently. Other considerations:

Clearly, the MID line is pretty risky, probably more so than the FWDs. To get a premo D in I'd need to trade in Williamson/Balic instead of Parsons.

Hodge and Simpson are good options probably and probably the most likely of the older blokes. Boyd and Shaw are a shadow of themselves at the moment, Boyd deserves to be dropped imo.

Hodge was everywhere yesterday, hopefully he plays as the senior head in midfield this year which would make him relevant, just hope he stays fit and doesn't get himself suspended.

Parsons and Menegola will probably get suspensions, so I'd shelve Parsons for now but he'll likely be a downgrade option in 1-3 weeks (hopefully Scott brings him back in quickly).

Tex, Yeo, Touk and Fiorini are probably the best options of the players you have mentioned.

There's no way I'd want Sauce or Kreuzer in my team, this years ruck duo is Stef and Grundy by a long way, then have a Ryder or Nank floating around has cover or stick fat with a Preuss type.

A lot of talk about Fiorini. Did you guys watch the Suns game or just look at his score ?? He spends a lot of time on the bench and while he cracks in to win the footy, his disposal was hardly anything to get excited about. Looked to be playing a high half forward role with very limited midfield minutes. I reckon his score last week of 77 will be his normal output, rather than the 109 he scored against Carlton. Massive punt to bring him in, and is another trade gone.

A lot of talk about Fiorini. Did you guys watch the Suns game or just look at his score ?? He spends a lot of time on the bench and while he cracks in to win the footy, his disposal was hardly anything to get excited about. Looked to be playing a high half forward role with very limited midfield minutes. I reckon his score last week of 77 will be his normal output, rather than the 109 he scored against Carlton. Massive punt to bring him in, and is another trade gone.
Thoughts on Tex then as an Adelaide fan?

Pumping out Riewoldt like scores, is it because more footy is going through him rather than Jenkins as he's injured, or is he increasing his output/in career best form?

Thoughts on Tex then as an Adelaide fan?

Pumping out Riewoldt like scores, is it because more footy is going through him rather than Jenkins as he's injured, or is he increasing his output/in career best form?
I was pondering it after I saw your posts considering him in the other thread. He has always been one to get up the ground and provide an option and take marks. Our ball movement has looked very good which also helps create space for him. I don't think Jenkins out has increased his output, as it is usually either Tex or Lynch that is getting the ball higher up the ground. Is a great set shot for goal, so you can almost bank a goal or two a game. Looks to be moving well, which is super important as when he is carrying an injury he can seriously struggle, but will continue to try and play through it like last year when his form was questioned. I am not sure he can rival NRoo's scoring capacity, but he certainly could push towards being a top ranked forward by the end of the year. My only question marks on him are how he scores in a game that we lose, and whether he can stay 100% fit throughout the year. I still think you are going to get some dud games from him, question is, how often that will be. With the lack of forward options though, he could be a great pick and a genuine POD. If it means anything I took him in my draft league and have been loving his scores.

Having already made more trades than I would like I am looking at the likes of Roughie as a hold. I feel he will not lose you money over the next few weeks (he is actually predicted to increase near $50 over the next 5 weeks) and I am looking to hold most of my rooks till they have made more $s (even though it be slow). One good game from any of them will increase their value significantly. Having said all that I will probably bring Balic in this week however I am not sure yet who will make way for him.

Elliot Yeo could have a gun season and somehow i'd still think it'd be a bad decision to bring him in, he's burnt so many in the past. There's a reason the term yeo-yeo was coined....

I was pondering it after I saw your posts considering him in the other thread. He has always been one to get up the ground and provide an option and take marks. Our ball movement has looked very good which also helps create space for him. I don't think Jenkins out has increased his output, as it is usually either Tex or Lynch that is getting the ball higher up the ground. Is a great set shot for goal, so you can almost bank a goal or two a game. Looks to be moving well, which is super important as when he is carrying an injury he can seriously struggle, but will continue to try and play through it like last year when his form was questioned. I am not sure he can rival NRoo's scoring capacity, but he certainly could push towards being a top ranked forward by the end of the year. My only question marks on him are how he scores in a game that we lose, and whether he can stay 100% fit throughout the year. I still think you are going to get some dud games from him, question is, how often that will be. With the lack of forward options though, he could be a great pick and a genuine POD. If it means anything I took him in my draft league and have been loving his scores.
I kinda thought surely Lynch is more hit up hence why Lynch has scored similarly to Gunston the last couple of years, but Tex has more strings to his bow imo, so it's good to see Tex can score well alongside a hit up type like Lynch.

Anyways. Wait and see

Edit: Travis Cloke had a few 90-95avg years with he going 60 one week 130 the next over the years, perhaps Tex will be like that, but would prefer 80s as his lowest score.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back