My 2017 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Bandicoot, I reckon round 11 is the killer this year anyway. I am not as set as I would normally like to be.
In the next few weeks I can bring in Balic for Eddy and Parsons for Hannan.
After that Myers should be coming in to replace either a fattened up Barrett or a non playing Hibberd and I'm sure there will be another rook mid pop up before round 11 to replace the other. Neal Bullen could possibly be upgraded in this time also.
At least that will give me 18 to play.

In the next few weeks I can bring in Balic for Eddy and Parsons for Hannan.
After that Myers should be coming in to replace either a fattened up Barrett or a non playing Hibberd and I'm sure there will be another rook mid pop up before round 11 to replace the other. Neal Bullen could possibly be upgraded in this time also.
At least that will give me 18 to play.

Personally, I would keep Eddy for now. He is an emergency and not that far off but the 2 major points are (1. The trade wont net you money, 2. Eddy has an amazing bye round so if he comes in the team). So for me he is a very low priority trade. I will be looking to turf Hampton/Otten/Hayward/Newman/Pickett/Barrett/etc.... before due to the bye rounds and the cash it gives for upgrades.

Personally, I would keep Eddy for now. He is an emergency and not that far off but the 2 major points are (1. The trade wont net you money, 2. Eddy has an amazing bye round so if he comes in the team). So for me he is a very low priority trade. I will be looking to turf Hampton/Otten/Hayward/Newman/Pickett/Barrett/etc.... before due to the bye rounds and the cash it gives for upgrades.
I'm happy to keep Eddy if he is playing. That's not looking promising at the moment.

I saw someone write before Roughy to ANB cant find it thou is that a good idea hmmmmm i have the cash for it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bye rounds certainly are certainly like a "lucky dip".
In my cash league, in round 11, I will be playing against a guy who will clearly finish on the bottom of our ladder and given it were a normal round I would win by 200+.
As it turns out, I will be lucky to field 18 players in round 11 with at least 8 premiums not playing. Even at this stage, my round 11 opponent will have at least 22 players on the field and will only be missing 4 premiums.
A guaranteed win in any normal round now becomes a guaranteed loss. :mad: :'(

My team now. I've cut about 6 mid pricers from the start of the season and changed my strategy to pretty much full fledged guns n rookies. Hoping to keep my midfield as is for thew rest of the season while my back line will need to be upgraded soon.
View attachment 360788

Guns and Rooks strategy? That is quite a mid priced team for me and not a true guns and rook strategy. You have Tuohy, Oliver, Sandilands, Steele, Hoskin-Elliot. Thats 5. I would say that a Guns and Rook strategy would have less then that.

I think we have a different idea of what a guns and rook strategy is mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guns and Rooks strategy? That is quite a mid priced team for me and not a true guns and rook strategy. You have Tuohy, Oliver, Sandilands, Steele, Hoskin-Elliot. Thats 5. I would say that a Guns and Rook strategy would have less then that.

I think we have a different idea of what a guns and rook strategy is mate.
Fair call, I guess i called it a guns n rookie team as my initial team had about 10 mid-pricers so I've cut half of them.

What to do about failed premium selections? I've paid the price for guys like Parker and Greene, and they're losing cash fast. Ride it out and hope they turn it around? Or punt them to an uber-premo?
Hold them both and build a team around them. At this stage of the season they've lost too much to warrant trading them and we have limited trades in Real Dream Team. At worst they'll be the final onfield position for your final team.

What to do about failed premium selections? I've paid the price for guys like Parker and Greene, and they're losing cash fast. Ride it out and hope they turn it around? Or punt them to an uber-premo?
Round 3-4 is the time to punt them/make them corrective trades. I reckon you've missed the boat by 2 weeks here.

Like what Mezz said, ride them out. They become your last players onfield or say F7/M9 types.

Hold them both and build a team around them. At this stage of the season they've lost too much to warrant trading them and we have limited trades in Real Dream Team. At worst they'll be the final onfield position for your final team.

Greene is kicking like 3-4 goals a game and still scoring less than 100. I thought he would be getting 20-25 possies a game but he's literally playing as a deep forward with Johnson, Cameron and Smith so there's plenty of competition. I don't like it at all.

Greene is kicking like 3-4 goals a game and still scoring less than 100. I thought he would be getting 20-25 possies a game but he's literally playing as a deep forward with Johnson, Cameron and Smith so there's plenty of competition. I don't like it at all.
Cameron is playing much higher at the moment

His scoring reflects this

Patton and Greene seem to be playing deep though

Cameron's the bloke getting the possessions at this stage.

Oh, I know that. I own him too... :(

Cameron is playing much higher at the moment

His scoring reflects this

Patton and Greene seem to be playing deep though

Cameron's the bloke getting the possessions at this stage.

I didn't watch very much footy last year but I was under the impression that Greene was a guy who played half-forward with stints in the middle. To me he was a magnet and can win a fair bit of the ball and brought him in with GWS' midfield injuries. After watching a lot this year it's obviously not the case haha

As you guys said he's playing deep forward with Cameron getting a lot of the ball, seems GWS like his work as a tackler and crumber down there.

So my question is why should we keep him? We have data that shows he won't average more than 85-90 in his role, yes he isn't worth as much as he was before however it's an opportunity to downgrade him and bring in Merrett, Franklin, Selwood or any other jet who is killing it. Otherwise sideways/slight upgrade to Riewoldt or Franklin.

I'm downgrading WHE this week and upgrading SPP so I'm happy to hold Greene one more week BUT if he stinks it up again this week, I may do a sideways to Franklin/Riewoldt next week if I think I can gain 20-25 points per week with that trade. Just an idea at this stage.

I didn't watch very much footy last year but I was under the impression that Greene was a guy who played half-forward with stints in the middle. To me he was a magnet and can win a fair bit of the ball and brought him in with GWS' midfield injuries. After watching a lot this year it's obviously not the case haha

As you guys said he's playing deep forward with Cameron getting a lot of the ball, seems GWS like his work as a tackler and crumber down there.

So my question is why should we keep him? We have data that shows he won't average more than 85-90 in his role, yes he isn't worth as much as he was before however it's an opportunity to downgrade him and bring in Merrett, Franklin, Selwood or any other jet who is killing it. Otherwise sideways/slight upgrade to Riewoldt or Franklin.

I'm downgrading WHE this week and upgrading SPP so I'm happy to hold Greene one more week BUT if he stinks it up again this week, I may do a sideways to Franklin/Riewoldt next week if I think I can gain 20-25 points per week with that trade. Just an idea at this stage.
You don't have the luxury of too many sideways moves with 30 trades, they will disappear quicker than you think.
I have Shaw and Greene and at this stage they will be my absolute last priorities to upgrade. If i manage to turn all my rookies into guns and still have around 5 or so trades left I might consider moving them on then

You don't have the luxury of too many sideways moves with 30 trades, they will disappear quicker than you think.
I have Shaw and Greene and at this stage they will be my absolute last priorities to upgrade. If i manage to turn all my rookies into guns and still have around 5 or so trades left I might consider moving them on then
Exactly. I have Shaw, Boyd and Greene and have the same plan. These guys are best 22 and their scoring can only improve so I'll bank their points and prioritise rookies - which are traditionally borderline best 22 and inconsistent scorers.

This is my team at the moment after my trades. I am a little bit bad on R11 bye players, however, I have a plan for that. Essentially I will be trading out Newman/Hayward/Williamson/Fisher/Barrett. This will clear that bye round and make it possible to field a full strength team.

Over the next couple of weeks, I will be looking at bringing in Shaw & Wingard to help with the bye rounds. I will also be looking at fallen premo's like NRoo/Hanners/Sloane/etc.... to sure up the rest of my team.

Due to the need to move on the R11 bye players, I will be keeping Otten for the foreseeable future.

Note: My team would look so much better with Beams and Green in the starting line up.

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 08.28.49.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back