Teams My 2018 RDT Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone putting L Murphy back in their side now that he's been picked?
yes.

I am concerned he wasn't named when Fogarty and Doedee were named.
The logical part of me says that he was only in because of Lynch being out late and Crows have 6-7 1st choice players out. Seems he may have been a replacement for lynch, but if those 2 swapped back I think we would lack a pacy forward.

But at the same time he impressed me JLT1 in particular and I think we have a role for him until Knight returns or Gallucci puts pressure on his spot.

CEY and hampton could both lose their spots ahead of him for Lynch and Greenwood.
Fogarty for Tex most likely.
Then theres Milera who sounds like may play more half back and put pressure on more of a Mac type, but he would be a risk to Murphy.
Knight still a fair way off and if he performs then theres no reason for Gallucci to replace him.

As far as being hard to replace a player that cheap, im banking the cash that would be spent to put a more $$ rookie in from the start so in that respect its no different and if it pays off then ive got those extra $$ for other early trades

Murphy is a classic trap pick. I hope a lot of people fall for it, because it’ll only help my overall ranking if they do.

Earlier in the week the Crows announced debuts for Doedee and Fogarty but not Murphy. Then Lynch gets injured and suddenly Murphy is debuting too. Guess who’s gonna be the first bloke gone when Lynch (or even Walker) comes back?

Murphy is an AFL Fantasy pick this week. Get a one week rise out of him and trade him next week.

:p

5W6sXr8.png

Haven't changed since Wednesday and the Coffield news
Walters at F4 I feel is going to be a headache Heath Shaw scenario, but reckon he scores well early on.

I'm going for Doedee and Murphy on the field with O'Conner and Finlayson on the pine.

Will look to bring in Coffield when named. If he's not named for a while hopefully O'Conner can hold his spot.

I'm going for Doedee and Murphy on the field with O'Conner and Finlayson on the pine.

Will look to bring in Coffield when named. If he's not named for a while hopefully O'Conner can hold his spot.

Murray?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$33,000 leftover.

CEllis to Finlayson is a potential trade after 2 rounds. I think Coffield will play sooner rather than later so im keeping him.

I love watching Steven and Parker go about it. I picked them up for Merrett and J.Kelly just before the game last night in a move that saw Naughton traded to Lobb (via Sicily). Essentially i didnt like CEllis as my B3 so im happy to relegate him to B4 while still batting 5 deep in the forwardline.

Hoping Kreuzer is ok. NFI what to do if he isnt. Move to Stef may be on the cards i guess.

I really like my forwardline. I'm bullish on McLean and Lobb and the others pick themselves.

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 5.04.24 am.png

$33,000 leftover.

CEllis to Finlayson is a potential trade after 2 rounds. I think Coffield will play sooner rather than later so im keeping him.

I love watching Steven and Parker go about it. I picked them up for Merrett and J.Kelly just before the game last night in a move that saw Naughton traded to Lobb (via Sicily). Essentially i didnt like CEllis as my B3 so im happy to relegate him to B4 while still batting 5 deep in the forwardline.

Hoping Kreuzer is ok. NFI what to do if he isnt. Move to Stef may be on the cards i guess.

I really like my forwardline. I'm bullish on McLean and Lobb and the others pick themselves.

View attachment 473880

Each to there own but your whole team is full of risk.. what made you pick corey ellis im not sure if he will be picked everyweek with a few injuries i see why he got a game round 1

IMG_6458.PNG
IMG_6459.PNG

With the Brayshaw debacle, had to reshuffle things around. Brayshaw > Naughton, TKelly > Armitage.

Wanted to avoid mid pricers, but needed to spend the money. Will allow me to get dangeefield / dusty going forward or be a good M9.

Was looking at Christensen at F5, but would rather pay the extra 70k for a higher points return. If Barry / Kelly become must have cash cows, can Rotate any underperforming Foward Rookies (via Dpp) to get them in. Hopefully I haven't screwed my cash generation having so many premium midfielders. Only time will tell! :cool:

upload_2018-3-25_12-51-28.png

The team i ended up picking.

Pretty standard really....Savage is my risky/podish D3 i went with, liked his role end of last year and JLT series confirmed it should continue, also suits my bye structure well. Incase your wondering why O'Connor on my field, i loopholed him after finding out he was out and i had Doedee as EMG :).

Mids, Duncan and Beams my POD choices who i feel will be top 10 mids this year going under the radar again. Was going with Zorko for most part, but feel as though he was going to cop attention now and Beams had a good pre-season so i knew he wasn't under any injury cloud. Hopefully goes 110+ this year. Duncan is basically my Danger replacement and i believe he will just continue to monster it up.

Martin/Gawn standard.

Billings/Devon, pretty standard.....decided with Mclean, especially after seeing no Jong, but i feel like Mclean will be a top 6 forward if he gets the mid time he was getting in 2nd half of last year. Lobb was a last min decision, risky but playing No.1 ruck, he has ALOT of upside and value there, also wasn't quite sure on Petrecca or Heeney and Lobb fits well with byes too.

$167k in bank for any corrections or a possible Danger upgrade if need be. Few DPP's as well to play around with :).

View attachment 474523

The team i ended up picking.

Pretty standard really....Savage is my risky/podish D3 i went with, liked his role end of last year and JLT series confirmed it should continue, also suits my bye structure well. Incase your wondering why O'Connor on my field, i loopholed him after finding out he was out and i had Doedee as EMG :).

Mids, Duncan and Beams my POD choices who i feel will be top 10 mids this year going under the radar again. Was going with Zorko for most part, but feel as though he was going to cop attention now and Beams had a good pre-season so i knew he wasn't under any injury cloud. Hopefully goes 110+ this year. Duncan is basically my Danger replacement and i believe he will just continue to monster it up.

Martin/Gawn standard.

Billings/Devon, pretty standard.....decided with Mclean, especially after seeing no Jong, but i feel like Mclean will be a top 6 forward if he gets the mid time he was getting in 2nd half of last year. Lobb was a last min decision, risky but playing No.1 ruck, he has ALOT of upside and value there, also wasn't quite sure on Petrecca or Heeney and Lobb fits well with byes too.

$167k in bank for any corrections or a possible Danger upgrade if need be. Few DPP's as well to play around with :).
\

Def going to be keeping my eye on Mitch Duncan I hovered over him a dozen times before talking myself out of it, but with everyone at Geelong looking like their muscles are made of crepe paper he could go even bigger this year (depending on inevitable injuries). Shane Savage if he can keep getting 90+ he'll be one of the great POD this season imo.

Lobbs an interesting pick, really going for the monte carlo in the risky biscy there. He usually takes a few games to settle at the start of the season I think, he's got the ability the go big just how consistent he is going to be is the question. I like a team with a few interesting picks, it's fun and hopefully pays off!

So I entered a squad in this...a week late though :$

Wonder if the advantage of having a slightly better idea of who's good this year will counteract lost points somewhat. Fair effort if it could.

Iest01h.png
Works in SC for weekly's regularly

However, too many points behind imo

Wasn't there a brouhaha in SC a few years ago when a person who won one of the weekly prizes during a bye round did so by constructing a side artificially stacked with players with the other two byes just to optimise their chances of winning prize money during that particular bye?

It definitely can annoy some coaches when it's perceived that you are trying to game the system and somehow gain an unfair advantage over the rest of the field. I think there is also the suspicion that these artificial sides are not the coach's "real side" and just one of multiple different versions of teams, all created under different aliases and email addresses to increase their chances of winning various prizes, but ultimately all belonging to the same individual.

Wasn't there a brouhaha in SC a few years ago when a person who won one of the weekly prizes during a bye round did so by constructing a side artificially stacked with players with the other two byes just to optimise their chances of winning prize money during that particular bye?

It definitely can annoy some coaches when it's perceived that you are trying to game the system and somehow gain an unfair advantage over the rest of the field. I think there is also the suspicion that these artificial sides are not the coach's "real side" and just one of multiple different versions of teams, all created under different aliases and email addresses to increase their chances of winning various prizes, but ultimately all belonging to the same individual.

No Brouhaha.

Some campaigner cheated, got caught out and lost his weekly winning prize

Remove this Banner Ad

Back