Teams My 2018 RDT Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 4.24.31 am.png

Its getting close to that time when teams will be finalised so i thought i'd post mine. I've got 10 trades left and im looking at making these trades to complete my team.

Round 13
Keeffe > Apeness
Guelfi > Giro
Murphy > Hurn

Round 14
Holman > Rookie
Parker > Treloar

Round 15
Smith > Walters/Robinson

That will leave me with 4 trades and Austin, Ahern and Fritsch as my back/mid/fwd emergency options

Screenshot_20180605-052356_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20180605-052415_Chrome.jpg
Walters to the fwd.

Need to decide on a fwd and def upgrade to finish.
And will upgrade Omeara to curnow.

Gray will become westhoff if trades permit.

And seedsman may get upgraded if not savage.

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 11.01.47 am.png

Kelly will become Ed Curnow next week, finishing my midfield. Then it's just the final two back spots, and upgrading Billings (blegh) that will need upgrading.

Got 13 trades left, and 3 upgrades (+ Dusty and Fritsch possibly) to complete. Got 286k in the bank as well. Already traded Christensen, Pearce and Banfield -> Brayshaw, Austin and Ahern this week. Looking at trading Billings and Spargo -> Crae and Giro next week, and then getting Curnow the week after. Also looking to flip Keeffe fwd if possible to utilise his def/fwd swing with Sicily. RDT Team.PNG

Pretty happy where my team is sitting at the moment before this weeks trades with 13 trades left, 200k in the bank.

I think the MID is my only area I'll be targeting upgrades over the byes and hopefully dump some of my non playing/dud rookies.

McLean into the FWD for ??? - I still have no idea who to class as Top 8 mids.
Seedsman I hope to keep as a M9/D7 and upgrade Spargo, but may need to upgrade him into an M8 as his 3 and 5 round avgs are not looking like a good sign.

full

Pretty happy where my team is sitting at the moment before this weeks trades with 13 trades left, 200k in the bank.

I think the MID is my only area I'll be targeting upgrades over the byes and hopefully dump some of my non playing/dud rookies.

McLean into the FWD for ??? - I still have no idea who to class as Top 8 mids.
Seedsman I hope to keep as a M9/D7 and upgrade Spargo, but may need to upgrade him into an M8 as his 3 and 5 round avgs are not looking like a good sign.

full
Surprised as to how many are now talking about upgrading Seedsman or looking at him as D7. After 11 rounds he is the 8th highest ranked defender (based on average) without taking Austin's 2 games into account. This is all due to his poor score last week. I'd be quite happy if my D6 or F6 was the 8th highest ranked player in that group.

A little off subject but don't have a appropriate thread for it.
I wonder how many backlines next year will be made up of the following heavily reduced players?
Docherty, B Smith, Z Williams, Hanley & Roberton. There may even be another defender out all this year that I've missed.

I wonder how many backlines next year will be made up of the following heavily reduced players?
Docherty, B Smith, Z Williams, Hanley & Roberton. There may even be another defender out all this year that I've missed.
What's the bet there will be an absolute plethora of backline rookies next year on top of that !!

What's the bet there will be an absolute plethora of backline rookies next year on top of that !!
CD will probably need to do something like that otherwise too many squads may well have very similar starting backlines. I very much doubt that they will give Docherty the full 30% discount though.

Williamson from Carlton is one I'm thinking could be a decent cheapie if he gets a decent percentage cut off his price. Showed a bit of promise last year.

Got injured on return to the VFL the other week, reckon he might struggle to come back.

Williamson from Carlton is one I'm thinking could be a decent cheapie if he gets a decent percentage cut off his price. Showed a bit of promise last year.

Got injured on return to the VFL the other week, reckon he might struggle to come back.
Could probably add one of your mates as well - Hamish Hartlett. 86.6 average this year and will get a 15% discount.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so i have pretty much finished my team for 2018.

I only have 6 trades left for the rest of the year which will be saved for injuries/rested players come finals. What do you guys think? Should i upgrade Adams? I have held him since round 1.

upload_2018-6-18_9-18-54.png

Ok so i have pretty much finished my team for 2018.

I only have 6 trades left for the rest of the year which will be saved for injuries/rested players come finals. What do you guys think? Should i upgrade Adams? I have held him since round 1.

View attachment 513926
Your bench is very bare for mine, particularly down back, I'd trade down to 4 trades, get some more coverage for 1-2 week injuries/suspensions that are a logical hold then hope for the best for a few weeks on the long-term injury front

Maybe Crowden for Ahern and upgrade Murphy to best available as I wouldn't want to be fielding the likes of them or Ridley for a week or two and their JS is suss as it is.

Your bench is very bare for mine, particularly down back, I'd trade down to 4 trades, get some more coverage for 1-2 week injuries/suspensions that are a logical hold then hope for the best for a few weeks on the long-term injury front

Maybe Crowden for Ahern and upgrade Murphy to best available as I wouldn't want to be fielding the likes of them or Ridley for a week or two and their JS is suss as it is.
Thanks Pups, ill try to strengthen it a little

Thanks Pups, ill try to strengthen it a little
I agree with pups. Your bench cover is extremely shaky. My strategy is to have Ahern (mid/fwd) and J Smith (mid/def) both of whom I feel have good job security on my midfield bench. There will be a minimum priced mid/def on my defensive bench and similar on my forward bench plus Fritsch.
Obviously with only 6 trades left you can't quite go this far and some may even say my bench is not strong enough however I don't concur with those who have premiums as bench cover.

Untitled.png

How I sit after this weeks trades, happy with my depth at D7, F7 and R3 and the DPP to take advantage of it.

Not a fan of having to play one of Savage/Seeds but will consider moving one on for Hurley next week. Will hold Crae and just play both of Gray and Wingard.

Just the 4 trades left and ranked at 139th

I agree with pups. Your bench cover is extremely shaky. My strategy is to have Ahern (mid/fwd) and J Smith (mid/def) both of whom I feel have good job security on my midfield bench. There will be a minimum priced mid/def on my defensive bench and similar on my forward bench plus Fritsch.
Obviously with only 6 trades left you can't quite go this far and some may even say my bench is not strong enough however I don't concur with those who have premiums as bench cover.

:think:

Untitled.png

How I sit after this weeks trades, happy with my depth at D7, F7 and R3 and the DPP to take advantage of it.

Not a fan of having to play one of Savage/Seeds but will consider moving one on for Hurley next week. Will hold Crae and just play both of Gray and Wingard.

Just the 4 trades left and ranked at 139th

Jesus thats an impressive team

Congrats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back