Teams My 2018 RDT Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

For me, the forwards are harder to pick as there are several backline mid-pricers that im bullish on and as such they havent left my team. There are not many gun forwards without question marks and while there are several mid-price options im finding it hard to find the right combination. In my opinion players such as Smith/Curnow/Petracca/Lobb/Walters/Robinson could all step up to average 90+ but picking the best combination is really tough. Then on the low end mid-pricers like Christensen/Ah Chee present value. Currently, apart from rookies, ive only locked in one forward and that is Barlow. So the forwards are definitely the hardest to pick this season for me.
Funnily enough, I feel totally opposite as I am far more happy with my forward options than defenders. I feel all of Robinson, Christensen and Ah Chee represent extremely good value. I'm not finding the same options in defense.

Question or Vote : Do you think The Forwards or Defenders are the toughest to pick with less options or weaker ?
There is a lot of "get what you pay for" types down back, forwards is a mystery

If you nail your forwardline imo that will go a long way to winning the thing this year

There's a lot more tinkering that goes on with Fantasy prices. They make sure there are no obvious cheap pick ups. Last year Sandi was one for example that had his price pumped compared with RDT, for no other reason than what he had scored in years past. There are always several examples each year.
Virtual Sports does this too, albeit mainly with topline types

IIRC Gazza couldve got a discount in 2016 but he was priced at his full 94 average, Fyfe IIRC had no discount last year either and id imagine Docherty will be priced at 120 or whatever he averaged last year for next year

If you nail your forwardline imo that will go a long way to winning the thing this year

In addition to Premo/Mid Pricers that can be selected, I am noticing that pre JLT that there are a lot of rookies in the forward line that appear really good value.I am tempted to rock 3 rookies on field in the forward line.

I am sure things will change post JLT in terms of rookie selections.

In addition to Premo/Mid Pricers that can be selected, I am noticing that pre JLT that there are a lot of rookies in the forward line that appear really good value.I am tempted to rock 3 rookies on field in the forward line.

I am sure things will change post JLT in terms of rookie selections.
Alot of these rookies are M/F DPP, so just squeeze them in midfield if you dont have space up forward

Also a Christensen F4-5 type may be a WHE type stepping stone, so cash generation will be made there, hypothetically he could become a Boak or Barlow off their bye

Funnily enough, I feel totally opposite as I am far more happy with my forward options than defenders. I feel all of Robinson, Christensen and Ah Chee represent extremely good value. I'm not finding the same options in defense.

Same here. I feel there's a few really good cheaper forward option that will go close to top 10. Robinson, Walters, Petrecca and Devon could all go very close.

Down back I think there could be a few traps, Brayshaw represents great value but those concussion issue could easily show up. McGrath could do what most second year players do and have more a consolidating year then a breakout.

go you pups Alex Pearce is an interesting one. What is it about his last two averages of 39 and 44 that has you excited :D
Wasn't he a decent rookie in 2015?

Has been plagued by injury obviously though

He can be someone else in due course of course though

Rockliff and Barlow will hurt you in round 10. I'm looking at Barlow as an upgrade after his bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rockliff and Barlow will hurt you in round 10. I'm looking at Barlow as an upgrade after his bye.

Every Premo over the Byes will miss a game.

Apart from a Ruckman, having a couple out early in the China game will benefit you over the byes, as in round 10 they are easier to replace. Saying that though, Port/GCS players are perfect to plan an upgrade to over the byes.

So what I am basically saying is for 1 round it will hurt, but over the byes in totality I can see you coming out ahead.

How's your team structure looking atm.
Based on the following criteria:
Premium - over $600K
Mid - $401K - $599K
Low - $250K - $400K
Rook - Less than $250K
I currently look like
Defense P2, M2, L0, R4
Mids P5, M0, L1, R5
Ruck P1, M1, R1
Forward P1, M2, L2, R3
Total being P9, M5, L3, R13 and I am hoping all 5 Mid picks can remain as keepers meaning I could get away with only 6 major upgrades.

Defence - 0/3/0/3
Midfield - 6/2/0/0
Ruck - 1/1/0/0
Forward - 1/2/1/2

Total of P8, M8, L1, R5

Worth noting that two of the M's are Gawn and Coniglio, and are within 7k of being in the P category

I feel like there are definitely more options in the forwards but while there isnt the same quantity in defence, i think the quality is pretty high. As such, my current strategy is to try and make the most of the value in backline and forwardline mid-pricers and load up my midfield.

Apart from a Ruckman, having a couple out early in the China game will benefit you over the byes, as in round 10 they are easier to replace. Saying that though, Port/GCS players are perfect to plan an upgrade to over the byes.

So what I am basically saying is for 1 round it will hurt, but over the byes in totality I can see you coming out ahead.
I reckon you can carry two of them, but not more than that

Every chance Rocky and Barlow are very high in averages for their respective positions coming into their bye anyway, so gain the points early imo then hope we've made a few upgrades and have some good rookie cover the week they're out.

I reckon you can carry two of them, but not more than that

Every chance Rocky and Barlow are very high in averages for their respective positions coming into their bye anyway, so gain the points early imo then hope we've made a few upgrades and have some good rookie cover the week they're out.
Had Barlow in my original squad but with his price based on a 95 average i can't see his price going up too much (if any) in the first 10 rounds so I see him as the perfect upgrade for round 11.

Yep. Steer clear of Port and Gold Coast ruckmen. The rest will be fine.

After Rockys news, he's out, little rookie reshuffle too, Rocky will be an upgrade target now for mine, seen it happen to often with him, not the greatest preseason, then boom, injured early on. He needs a good run of games under his belt then I find he has some durability, no coincidence he finishes years better than starts them, with last year as an outlier as his role changed with more forward time/the dodgy shoulder.

IMG_20180222_212657.png
IMG_20180222_212742.png
IMG_20180222_212816.png

Rocky goes back to Coniglio and Christensen is upgraded to Lobb

If Lobb isn't right, then he goes back to Christensen and the leftover 150k goes to perhaps better rookies or a Goldy to Sauce/Grundy move

However, I like the look of this team as it's fairly GnR and I have 16 keepers here, other teams I've made have only 14 or 15 meaning more trades will need to be done down the track. Someone like Christensen I don't rate as a keeper as his lack of DPP goes against him with his likely 75-80 average. I'm hoping the underpriced premium theory is the way to go this year, rather than go nuts on the midpricers.

Am able to save a lot of money by ditching O'Meara at M6 and running with Dow, LDU and Kelly across the bottom half of my midfield.
If I do end up going Guns/Rookies, it will look a little something like this

y3bmaWc.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back