Teams My 2018 RDT Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 463969
View attachment 463970

First crack at it. Initially had Rocky, but moved him out. This allowed me to bring in Hanely, having only 2 round 10 bye players.

Still unsure of my midfield. Keep switching between Matt/Brad Crouch. And Swapping Cog/Redden for Kelly/Armitage.

Brad over Matt??

youre-gonna-nstructc-hateabadtime-13592282.png

My starting squad at this stage has imo two major risks. Lycett as R2 and Hanley as D4.
the cash generated by starting Lycett has enabled me to upgrade Christensen/Ah Chee to D Smith and Brayshaw to Hanley.
Based on Happy Eagle's keeper structure this gives me 14 keepers (assuming my predicted scores prove to be correct) making the need for trading less than it would be otherwise.
With almost $140K still in the bank, corrective changes after the first two rounds should not be a problem.
I would have liked to have kept Kelly as my M3 but I already have too many round 13 players (particularly premiums) so have changed him for Dusty. Based on his game yesterday that doesn't look too bad a change.
I feel I also have a good mixture of players across all teams as I don't like to have more too many from any one team.

Used: $12,460,600 (98.9%), Remaining: $139,400 (1.1%) On Ground: $11,238,600 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,222,000 (9.7%)
Expected Total: 2101.
Def: R.Laird (102), M.Hibberd (93), J.Crisp (95), P.Hanley (85), N.Coffield (65), T.Doedee (60) (S.Murray (60), I.Cumming (55))
Mid: T.Mitchell (125), Z.Merrett (118), D.Martin (115), D.Beams (112), P.Cripps (110), D.Armitage (85), A.Brayshaw (68), J.Smith (65) (P.Ahern (60), J.Worpel (58), T.Kelly (50))
Ruc: M.Gawn (95), S.Lycett (70) (D.Cameron (50))
Fwd: I.Heeney (100), T.McLean (93), D.Smith (92), M.Robinson (88), B.Ah Chee (80), J.Stephenson (60) (D.Venables (60), B.Fritsch (50))

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-28/ankle-sprain-outs-eagle-recruit-for-a-month

Injury has saved you from that mistake

Solid!

My only glitch is Armitage, who some on the saints board are saying is borderline best 22 and his back is actually cactus. if he plays i think hell be half fwd / mid 70/30 and average 70ish in DT

Was there an article recently where Mitch Robinson himself made a statement about looking forward to playing in the midfield and tagging the best mids (think i read it somewhere on BF)
Armitage looked 100% tonight. Based on the coach's comments he's likely to be in their best 22.

My side. Will change with upcoming games

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180303-101344.png
    Screenshot_20180303-101344.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20180303-101351.png
    Screenshot_20180303-101351.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 10
My side. Will change with upcoming games
That forward line made me wince to be honest...needs a proven 90-100 type.

Also I've noticed a lot of teams that aren't worrying about bye structure, Goldy and Gawn have the same week off, and it's rd 13 which is where a lot of our proven premos are coming from this year so you are unlikely to have 18 players, same goes with Pittard and Hanley, I'm assuming you want both of these to end up as keepers but you are going to take a bit of a hit in rd 10.

It's nice to have a stacked midfield but as always it's the midfield rookies that are the key to your cash generation, it will be difficult to upgrade your forward line in particular with this set up.

That forward line made me wince to be honest...needs a proven 90-100 type.

Also I've noticed a lot of teams that aren't worrying about bye structure, Goldy and Gawn have the same week off, and it's rd 13 which is where a lot of our proven premos are coming from this year so you are unlikely to have 18 players, same goes with Pittard and Hanley, I'm assuming you want both of these to end up as keepers but you are going to take a bit of a hit in rd 10.

It's nice to have a stacked midfield but as always it's the midfield rookies that are the key to your cash generation, it will be difficult to upgrade your forward line in particular with this set up.

Technically Deledio is a proven 90-100 player

^ Like the Whitfield pick, reckon he will go big.

I think I have settled on my structure, just a few players here and there that might change
P4WbRqM.png

Bit vanilla in some areas, but not buying into some of the popular midpricers (Redden, O'Meara, Petracca) is where I hope to create a POD

Nice team. Haha, I don't have a clue on my structure. It changes daily. All I know is I know how to use cash

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 9.55.50 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some speculative picks & I actually don’t mind it - for now anyway. Some mid-price madness but meh - whatever.

Backs:
Laird, Ryan, Maynard, Brayshaw,Murray, Coffield .... Doedee, Finlayson

Mids: Titch, Martin, Kelly, Bonts, Steven, O’Meara, Brayshaw, Dow.... Kelly, Barry, Fogarty

Rucks: Gawn, Witts...Cameron

Forwards: Heeney, Smith, Trengrove, Sicily, Christensen, Ryan... Rioli, Fritsch

How's everyone feel about round 14? Potentially shocking for forwardlines and backlines imo.

Your midfield isn't affected as much provided you aren't loading up on Parker, Neale, Dusty, Steven, Armitage, Fyfe, JPK, Danger, Jelwood, Crouch x 2, Gibbs, Sloane etc, Parker and Neale are my only keeper lock mids to start with. Titchell and Zerrett are a must to counter this to help scoring that week, potentially Zorko and Collingwood, GWS or Port Adelaide premiums like Treloar, Adams, Kelly, Coniglio and Rocky.

Forwards out

Menegola
Buddy
Heeney
Lynch (Ade)
Billings
Walters
Mundy

Defenders out

Laird
Seedsman
Tuohy
Lloyd
Houli
Ellis
Savage
Roberton
Luke Ryan (if he breaks out)
Wilson (same as Ryan)

Not a fan of him in DT, but having a Sicily around could help plug holes for that week.

How's everyone feel about round 14? Potentially shocking for forwardlines and backlines imo.

Your midfield isn't affected as much provided you aren't loading up on Parker, Neale, Dusty, Steven, Armitage, Fyfe, JPK, Danger, Jelwood, Crouch x 2, Gibbs, Sloane etc, Parker and Neale are my only keeper lock mids to start with. Titchell and Zerrett are a must to counter this to help scoring that week, potentially Zorko and Collingwood, GWS or Port Adelaide premiums like Treloar, Adams, Kelly, Coniglio and Rocky.

Forwards out

Menegola
Buddy
Heeney
Lynch (Ade)
Billings
Walters
Mundy

Defenders out

Laird
Seedsman
Tuohy
Lloyd
Houli
Ellis
Savage
Roberton
Luke Ryan (if he breaks out)
Wilson (same as Ryan)

Not a fan of him in DT, but having a Sicily around could help plug holes for that week.

The AFL loves ******* dream teamers over with the bye rounds.

DT 2018.PNG

I think the 3-0-5 defence is the way to go, hopefully picked the right blokes.
Sicily will swing from fwd/back

Got the top end midfielders with a couple of underpriced proven players and then some solid rookies with good JS.

Rucks are set and forget.

Forwards are the tough area, I go for League win, so happy to wait for Greene and Heeney to find their feet in the first 3 weeks.
Going to be a battle to believe I've made the right choice when cheaper players could be scoring more, but I believe the players I've chosen will be top scorers. Not prepared to risk it with Walters/Smith etc.

This is where I'm at currently

I've chosen the structure based on the strength of midfield rookies. I've taken a punt on a few under priced players but I'm really trying to focus on a gun-rookie approach by bringing in the best players in each line. My starting team was great last year but I messed around with mid-pricers.

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 17.45.37.png

IMG_20180313_182805.png
IMG_20180313_182737.png
IMG_20180313_182701.png

Been chopping around too much, but will stick with this until an injury happens or something before team news comes out next week.

Also, Adelaide fans, Fogarty had the best game of all rookies and he is available to pick in the weakest position that has the least certainties, some Port fans told us not to pick Houston last year because "Pittard is only 2-3 weeks away" bla bla bla and that was massively costly in terms of cash generation + early onfield output not going him. Surely if Fogarty performs then he keeps his spot. As a contingency I may chop a Barry or Holman type and create a DPP link so if Fogarty is eventually dropped then he sits at M11 and doesn't leave me short up forward.

Stef could be Lycett if I need to bulk up forwards or backs, but would prefer to run the minimum in them positions if I can. Have had Zorko at M3 instead of Coniglio at M6, but I find I run a keeper short doing so having Zorko in, would have to cut a Brayshaw type and I don't think that's a good idea, so would rather have 15 keepers instead of 14.

Players in contention to get back in my squad/shortlisted.

DEF: McDonald D4, Bonner D4, Byrne D4-5, Doedee and Murphy bench

MID: Zorko M3, a Garlett DPP type at M11 if Fogarty is a lock, easily my most settled line and the line I'm most confident and content upon (means I won't be after lockout though :p)

RUC: Lycett

FWD: Billings, Menegola, Heeney F1-3, McLean, Robinson, Dunkley, Christensen F4-5, Stephenson F6. Langdon and Ryan for bench

ACBC8588-7A9C-4B32-8FEC-D19AAD296DB8.png 09E34B25-1845-46DC-A9F7-9DF9057496B1.png Ive had an unfinished team until today obviously its gonna change gotta start putting some thought into it did some study last night doesnt help ive only watched half of one JLT game so far.. time to knuckle down

View attachment 469541

Getting pretty close to what I want to start with
Interesting pick in Salem, i tend to think he has hit his peak but at the price range i cant find many alternatives other than McDonald who you have and maybe Burton. I really like that midfield and having the 6-7 guns doesnt seem to have hurt your other lines as much as i thought it might. Personally i have gone cold on Lycett and Christensen but i hope for your sake they throw in some big scores and make some quick cash. Overall i cant really criticise your team.

Interesting pick in Salem, i tend to think he has hit his peak but at the price range i cant find many alternatives other than McDonald who you have and maybe Burton. I really like that midfield and having the 6-7 guns doesnt seem to have hurt your other lines as much as i thought it might. Personally i have gone cold on Lycett and Christensen but i hope for your sake they throw in some big scores and make some quick cash. Overall i cant really criticise your team.

As far as Salem goes, it was between him and Tuohy, and my feeling is that Salem has more room for growth. Only other player in consideration is Savage, but Salem fits my structure better through the byes.

As for Lycett and Christensen; Lycett I'm barely fussed if he doesn't make coin - he allows me flexibility to not having to commit to a second ruckman. Every year for the last 5 I've somehow managed to get my starting pairings wrong, so if I can put it off then super. As for Christensen, as others have said, I'm treating him as an overpriced rookie with good job security.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back