My beautiful Kade Kolodjazny has retired from AFL :(:( Please help me think of a new bigfooty name

Remove this Banner Ad

The concussion problem in American Football isn't players trying to draw free kicks with head high contact, it's that it's a full contact game. The problem is the rules.

You're right, it's not about drawing free kicks in the NFL. For them it's about deliberately using the helmet as a weapon to dislodge the ball in a tackle or to batter through the opposition when attacking.

The outcome is the same. Deliberately placing the head into the contact.

It would take our players and coaches about five minutes to start using the helmet that way. On top of ducking for free kicks.

There is a common misapprehension that boxing gloves are in boxing to cushion the impact on the bloke being hit. Not true. They are there to stop the bloke throwing the punch from breaking his hands - so he can hit more aggressively.

The same principal is true of the helmet. It's there to allow the player to use his head aggressively.

I’mfromTasmaniaandIliketotouchmysister_

8d175b75311148f259ce091b22addd64.jpg

You're right, it's not about drawing free kicks in the NFL. For them it's about deliberately using the helmet as a weapon to dislodge the ball in a tackle or to batter through the opposition when attacking.

The outcome is the same. Deliberately placing the head into the contact.

It would take our players and coaches about five minutes to start using the helmet that way. On top of ducking for free kicks.

They might start putting themselves in harm's way more, ala Jonathon Brown, but as for ducking or charging with the helmet, the umpires can easily pay a free kick against.

I bet someone like Brown wished he played with a helmet.

but as for ducking or charging with the helmet, the umpires can easily pay a free kick against.

I can see how well that one will play out.

The AFL can't even umpire the rules we've got with any degree of sense.

Can't wait to see the weekly "interpretation" changes surrounding giving a free kick against a player who receives high contact.

Lethality has gone into very deep levels of trolling! He is like in the 5th level of inception trolling.

Most sports have been talking about extra protection for the head since about 2010, and AFL would be a prime candidate for some real changes such as worn protection. I prefer the soft cushion helmet as worn by James Brayshaw.

Most sports have been talking about extra protection for the head since about 2010, and AFL would be a prime candidate for some real changes such as worn protection. I prefer the soft cushion helmet as worn by James Brayshaw.
I’d prefer the AFL just enforced head high contact properly instead constantly letting frees go in the “spirit of the game”

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw another article in the paper today about the demise of Tassie football.
The Jack Jumpers will be the number one team in my beloved state! AFL is an irrelevant backwater game and basketball is a lot better and played all over the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back