Media My big fat Rookie diary...

Remove this Banner Ad

As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University

But....being appointed a Professor of Cunning and then announcing that as evidence of your cunning, is an inverse correlation.

You are closer to being an Associate Fellow of Transparency with such a manoeuvre :D

But....being appointed a Professor of Cunning and then announcing that as evidence of your cunning, is an inverse correlation.

You are closer to being an Associate Fellow of Transparency with such a manoeuvre :D
Are you saying that Oxford University screwed up and the fox they just appointed as Professor of Cunning isn't cunning?

Are you saying that Oxford University screwed up and the fox they just appointed as Professor of Cunning isn't cunning?

No.

I'm saying that said fox ANNOUNCING the appointment to support his claim of being cunning is in fact doing the exact opposite - that's called an "inverse correlation".

Not unlike shining a bright light on yourself and trying to hide in the shadows :D

No.

I'm saying that said fox ANNOUNCING the appointment to support his claim of being cunning is in fact doing the exact opposite - that's called an "inverse correlation".

Not unlike shining a bright light on yourself and trying to hide in the shadows :D
Yeah, the fox didn't announce anything though. He was just appointed Professor of Cunning ;)

Have you been listening to Baldrick again?
I was actually thinking about posting a pic of Baldrick. Probably should have. If people don't understand what the image is referencing they just won't comment :)

Apparently you saw a fox "making a public proclamation in the SFA". I must have missed it. Could you please quote it? :)

No - I saw someone who described themselves as a fox making the statement. In the interest of continuing the allegorical semantic, I continued to use the metaphor they first introduced.

See? It's really not that hard to understand.

No - I saw someone who described themselves as a fox making the statement. In the interest of continuing the allegorical semantic, I continued to use the metaphor they first introduced.

I'm having herb and garlic sausages tonight. I'm pretty sure one of them said he was your sister

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm. It seems like you may be a bit confused ;)

Nobody described themselves as a fox. The "plan" was cunning as the fox. The fox did nothing except get appointed...

Hmmmm. It seems like you may be a bit confused ;)

Nobody described themselves as a fox. The "plan" was cunning as the fox. The fox did nothing except get appointed...
Yeah, the fox didn't announce anything though. He was just appointed Professor of Cunning ;)

Not confused at all - as you can see, the fox metaphor was extended beyond the initial description applied to the plan to then continue on and indicate a person.

Unless you are suggesting that Oxford University appointed a plan to a Professorship, which would make no sense. Nor indeed would the plan make an announcement without a human actor involved.

At this point, you've lost control of the conversation :)

Evidently, I confused "making a public proclamation in the SFA" with making "an announcement" :p
:think: ....this conversation between two sausage heads ....whilst intellectually intriguing & stimulating, isn't actually saying anything ....reminds me so much of a Yes Minister Skit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back