Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
Hey guys,

I haven't been around for a while. I been busy writing and I've just launched my book on Amazon for $4.99USD and would love some feedback.

Title: Plato Wyngard and the Valley of the Immortals

Genre: Action Adventure Thriller

Think 'Indiana Jones type adventure through '76 Vietnam as if written by a Matthew Reilly type author.

Blurb: Chasing answers about his Father’s death, Ex-Special Air Service operative Plato Wyngard finds himself in post war Vietnam, 1976. There he becomes embroiled in a plot by nefarious forces to locate the Jade Cup, a mystical object that has the power to grant immortality. With the help of his partner Luther Macbeth and a rag-tag assortment of locals he must race against a powerful drug lord and the mysterious Guild of Wolves to retrieve four ancient relics from Vietnamese mythology, only with these items can Plato hope to locate the Jade Cup.

Adventure has a new name.

First review:
The premise of the story promised a lot, and the book delivered. It rolled along like a rollercoaster, interesting plot elements concerning an intriguing time and place (1976 Vietnam). It had everything I really enjoy in this sort of story. Heroic main characters, terrible villains, realistic action scenes, death defying locations. Not to mention the traps, escapes, mythology and nail biting conclusion.

Hope this is part of a series.
-Brian Donaldson (goodreads)

Links
www.james-lindsay.com
Facebook: @JamesLindsayAuthor
Twitter: @JamesLindsay76
Amazon: Link

Congrats, jl. Nice work.

I'll definitely pick up a copy at some stage and let you know what I think.

(P.S. I see that the AFL have already adapted Wyngard's quest for the Cup this into a weekly TV show. You should sue the bastards.)

Congrats, jl. Nice work.

I'll definitely pick up a copy at some stage and let you know what I think.

(P.S. I see that the AFL have already adapted Wyngard's quest for the Cup this into a weekly TV show. You should sue the bastards.)
Cheers TOD. The reviews are slowly coming in (I guess I've got give the reader a chance to finish the book) and are very positive so far. Well my mummy said I was a clever boy.

Some random guy wrote a perfect review.

'The premise of the story promised a lot, and the book delivered. It rolled along like a rollercoaster, interesting plot elements concerning an intriguing time and place (1976 Vietnam). It had everything I really enjoy in this sort of story. Heroic main characters, terrible villains, realistic action scenes, death defying locations. Not to mention the traps, escapes, mythology and nail biting conclusion.

Hope this is part of a series.'

Cheers TOD. The reviews are slowly coming in (I guess I've got give the reader a chance to finish the book) and are very positive so far. Well my mummy said I was a clever boy.

Some random guy wrote a perfect review.

'The premise of the story promised a lot, and the book delivered. It rolled along like a rollercoaster, interesting plot elements concerning an intriguing time and place (1976 Vietnam). It had everything I really enjoy in this sort of story. Heroic main characters, terrible villains, realistic action scenes, death defying locations. Not to mention the traps, escapes, mythology and nail biting conclusion.

Hope this is part of a series.'
Good luck with it. Your mummy is probably right . And yes, give the readers a chance .. !! :)

Congratulations jl and good luck with it. I'll certainly be adding it to my long list of things to read.

Can I post this on our Facebook page?
Hi Chief, you most certainly can.

At the moment the book can be ordered on Amazon for kindle or they POD a paperback copy.

I've ordered 1000 paperback copies and have 600 pre-orders already. As well as some really positive feedback.

Thank you so much for the support

James

James

View attachment 271969
Here ya go. Breathe in and out SLOWLY :)Big bag so you can take your time and settle down ................
Is that to put over my head? Kick a brother when he's down.

For those keeping score, sales on Amazon have been steady - for a self publisher anyway.

Is that to put over my head? Kick a brother when he's down.

For those keeping score, sales on Amazon have been steady - for a self publisher anyway.
Noo no. You were short of breath and asked for a paper bag :) Thought you meant to breathe in and out of it to settle your breathing down ..lol:rolleyes: Glad you are getting sales already :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noo no. You were short of breath and asked for a paper bag :) Thought you meant to breathe in and out of it to settle your breathing down ..lol:rolleyes: Glad you are getting sales already :thumbsu:
Next step is to get readers to go to Amazon and goodreads and rate and review. 50 reviews on Amazon and you get free advertising.

Hi Chief, you most certainly can.

At the moment the book can be ordered on Amazon for kindle or they POD a paperback copy.

I've ordered 1000 paperback copies and have 600 pre-orders already. As well as some really positive feedback.

Thank you so much for the support

James
So well done . Keep going with it all :thumbsu:

Thanks mate, floored by the generosity and support for this book so far.

Semi big news today from a producer today too.

Cheers,
When you search "Plato" on the kindle your book comes up second. You search gamer, you!

Congratulations on getting published, which is quite an achievement, are you writing a sequel ? movie rights still available ?
A producer in Hollywood (read postcode, not big player) wants to buy the rights but holding off to see if the book gets any traction. Several book stores lined up here in QLD to stock it with signing sessions. Then Supanova.

We're 45k words into the sequel of about 70-80k.

If anyone is kind enough to give it a go for $4.99USD please leave a review/rating.

My biggest bargaining power is the voice of the people.

https://www.amazon.com/Plato-Wyngard-Valley-Immortals-1/dp/0646958291/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Thanks for the support everyone!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back