Well, ok... but apart from that, can you think of any reason why we shouldn't hire him?You guys haven't heard the scuttlebut about Brad Scott? Surely it's done the rounds on BigFooty by now?
I haven't been on in a while so maybe I've just missed it, but in case it hasn't appeared, here goes...
So basically Scott's behaviour and general professionalism increasingly became a problem after signing his last contract (supposedly some employees raised concerns even before that, but I don't have any specifics). I'll list some of the things that I have been told;
- On more than one occasion, without explaination, failed to attend match committee meetings. The head coach failed to attend match committee. This despite being on the premises at the time that match committee took place.
- Missed several other scheduled, club related meetings without explaination, for most of which he was on the premises at the time.
- Missed club functions that he was required to attend despite being on the premises (I know this one has been reported in the media).
- Sulked in his office for 2 full weeks after NM missed on Dustin Martin in FA. His assistants were required to take on his duties without any direction from him. (Was Martin ever really going to sign there? NM and GWS were just leverage for a better contract weren't they?)
- Virtually had no relationship with any player under 21 or 22 y/o. He spent next to no time with any of NM's young players, he left this exclusively up to his assistants. Is it any wonder that some very talented kids NM have had haven't really developed until now?
- Described as writing-off or blacklisting players based on their personality or other non-football related qualities (Cam Zuurhar being an example given).
So I'm not sure that Brad Scott would be a great appointment for AFC, or anyone for that matter
But seriously - do you think he'd be interested in a director of football role? If not, can you think of anybody else who would be interested? You seem like a smart guy - what about you? Do you have a job? Do you want one? Will you be our head of football? Failing that, did you pass any hobos on the street today who looked like they might want a job?