Trades My completed team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that now. Wasn't Jisk telling everybody their team wasn't completed last year because they didn't have top 10 players on each line or some crap. A lot can change in a year it seems, especially when your team is doing OK now

Never change Jisk, never change šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

While most people are fielding rookies at D6 and F6, Jiska actually has a semi legitimate D6 and F6 at those positions.

As for the D6/F6 candidates also occupying D4/F4 and D5/F5 spots, the less said the better.

I think it just comes down to averages. need over 90 f6/d6, ~100 m8.
Don't think that's realistic. Under that clasification, there'd never be a completed team. There's only 10 forwards averaging 90+ at the moment, and no SC team is going to have 6 of them.

IMO FWD/DEF 80+, MID/RUCK 100+ but even then I don't reckon I've seen many teams like that at the end of the year.

Well, that's sorta true. If you have 0 trades left and have one rookie on-field, then I suppose that's your "completed team" for the year. It's not a rookie-free team, but it's your completed team by default.

Having said that, I'm coming around to your way of thinking. I think you need to at least have no rookies. Mid-pricers are acceptable.

Except when it's Jiath & Atkins they will both be under $300k soon both averaging under 70 the last 5 rounds

What if a Fwd has a season average of 75 but averaged 100+ whilst in your team?
What if a Mid has a season average of 100+ but only averaged 60 whilst in your team?

Be careful what you wish for with season averages, they can be deceiving. Timing is everything and a high season average is not all that.

Yep Whitfield is the perfect example he is on the premo bubble so to speak

Except when it's Jiath & Atkins they will both be under $300k soon both averaging under 70 the last 5 rounds
Scoring better than most rookies which is good enough right now. Will upgrade later in the season otherwise I'd be out of trades after the Byes

Scoring better than most rookies which is good enough right now. Will upgrade later in the season otherwise I'd be out of trades after the Byes

I traded Jiath>Madden last week CJ(66) Madden(68) and next week I am going Atkins>Hall both of them have been disappointing the last month. Once Atkins is gone that is the last of the mid pricers in my team.

Mucking around with my 3 trades this weekend. Could field this team... D6 Short or Helmet, M8 Cripps or Taranto, R2 Darcy, F6 Impey or Tex. Still 11 trades and some cash generation in the rooks too.
View attachment 1142509

Looks much more "Complete" than the OP's "Complete" team...well done!

Mucking around with my 3 trades this weekend. Could field this team... D6 Short or Helmet, M8 Cripps or Taranto, R2 Darcy, F6 Impey or Tex. Still 11 trades and some cash generation in the rooks too.
View attachment 1142509
11 trades with no rookies on field

giphy.gif

I still have 3 rookies left on the ground at D6, M7, M8.

$162k in the kitty to help with upgrades and 10 trades left.

I'm going to need a couple of value picks to finish off my team I feel which is why I brought in Heeney this week for at F6.

My team will probably be completed between round 14-17. šŸ˜„

I think it just comes down to averages. need over 90 f6/d6, ~100 m8.
This ! .....this whole Mid-Price v Premo argument is incorrect

So is Ziebell a Mid-Pricer or a Premo ? .....His starting price said he was a mid-pricer, but his ave says he's a Premo

I agree with you, it should be determined by averages .....if you have players still on-field averaging 50-60, then your team is incomplete

I like the thinking that FWDS / DEF's who ave 90+ are Premo's
MID's ave 100+ are Premo's

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if I can stamp a team with Judd-Uniake as "completed", at least not with a straight face so I am handing over the complete/incomplete stamps to the board Mods this year before I get myself banned for inciting a flamewar with the Northies. šŸ˜…

your on your own.gif

What if a Fwd has a season average of 75 but averaged 100+ whilst in your team?
What if a Mid has a season average of 100+ but only averaged 60 whilst in your team?

Be careful what you wish for with season averages, they can be deceiving. Timing is everything and a high season average is not all that.
Im referring to what they average playing for you, not total.

Im referring to what they average playing for you, not total.

How can we be sure though? Should people post their season trade history to confirm that all of their starting 22 averaged 100+ & 90+ whilst in their teams or do we just take their word for it and not question it at all? It's all too much hard work having 100+ & 90+ as a minimum requirements, don't you think?

Interesting debate about what counts as a completed team.

Also show's the problem with mid-pricers, in this case Atkins and Jiath. They were good starting picks, but are now losing money so need other downgrades to get the money to upgrade them. They ideally would have been sideways traded at their peak, but picking that moment isn't easy.

Difficult to say whether Jiath/Atkins were better than Premo/rookie. IMO in season trading is the tie breaker, as usual.

Interesting debate about what counts as a completed team.

Also show's the problem with mid-pricers, in this case Atkins and Jiath. They were good starting picks, but are now losing money so need other downgrades to get the money to upgrade them. They ideally would have been sideways traded at their peak, but picking that moment isn't easy.

Difficult to say whether Jiath/Atkins were better than Premo/rookie. IMO in season trading is the tie breaker, as usual.

It's interesting that most coaches have turfed Tex, but he's only had the 2 low scores and has bounced back really well after a week off with a 101 & 97. Currently sitting 6th for average (98) and 8th for total points for Forwards. Even though he's dropped 100k+ since his peak price, he is very much a keeper still imo.

It's interesting that most coaches have turfed Tex, but he's only had the 2 low scores and has bounced back really well after a week off with a 101 & 97. Currently sitting 6th for average (98) and 8th for total points for Forwards. Even though he's dropped 100k+ since his peak price, he is very much a keeper still imo.
Yeah that's true, but Tex was playing sore and looked lame. Trading him out was the smart play, he could have just as easily missed more games or picked up a more serious injury.

It's the trading that win's or loses it. If you traded him at his peak to Dale for example it's still a good trade.

Don't think that's realistic. Under that clasification, there'd never be a completed team. There's only 10 forwards averaging 90+ at the moment, and no SC team is going to have 6 of them.

IMO FWD/DEF 80+, MID/RUCK 100+ but even then I don't reckon I've seen many teams like that at the end of the year.

If Impey can keep averaging 90 and Heeney gets his to 90 I'm every chance to have 6 forwards at 90ave plus. I've done 1 upgrade forward all year (Heeney) so I can hopefully get Zorko and Dale in to finish it. Then I just need Aliir and May to get to 90ave.

Zorko, Dusty, Dale, Ziebell, Heeney and Impey. Don't think that's unrealistic.

If Impey can keep averaging 90 and Heeney gets his to 90 I'm every chance to have 6 forwards at 90ave plus. I've done 1 upgrade forward all year (Heeney) so I can hopefully get Zorko and Dale in to finish it. Then I just need Aliir and May to get to 90ave.

Zorko, Dusty, Dale, Ziebell, Heeney and Impey. Don't think that's unrealistic.

Heeney's averaging an Uber-Premo 128 for my team. :moustache:

How can we be sure though? Should people post their season trade history to confirm that all of their starting 22 averaged 100+ & 90+ whilst in their teams or do we just take their word for it and not question it at all? It's all too much hard work having 100+ & 90+ as a minimum requirements, don't you think?

Basically for me the average is what I would expect them to score (which differs from real average in being unaffected by injury or role). So for me while Heeney is avg ~80 he is probably going to give you 90-95pts each week if you field him. I cant imagine any player you expect to score less than 90 a premo, and ideally a completed team is full premo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back