My Corona! (Personal eyewitness accounts)

Remove this Banner Ad

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
There’s been too many heresay, joke posts and political agendas in the main Corona thread, that it’s getting too confusing to follow. So I think this is warranted - a supplementary thread that discusses in a more serious context and with ACTUAL personal experience(s) with the Covid19 itself. You may be a health worker and have some important observations on patients with the actual bug? Or you may actually be a patient of this bug and would like to share your experience/journey through it all? Or you may be a family member or a close friend who have witnessed the levels of health deterioration on an infected case?

Hopefully the more we share (please no BS or exaggerated comments), this will give us a better understanding of the actual impacts of the Covid19, and perhaps a better idea of the trend of the situation, whether it’s overall improving or worsening. Please try and keep postings pertaining to real life observations, particularly the physical/mental impacts of this viral pandemic.

There’s been too many heresay, joke posts and political agendas in the main Corona thread, that it’s getting too confusing to follow. So I think this is warranted - a supplementary thread that discusses in a more serious context and with ACTUAL personal experience(s) with the Covid19 itself. You may be a health worker and have some important observations on patients with the actual bug? Or you may actually be a patient of this bug and would like to share your experience/journey through it all? Or you may be a family member or a close friend who have witnessed the levels of health deterioration on an infected case?

Hopefully the more we share (please no BS or exaggerated comments), this will give us a better understanding of the actual impacts of the Covid19, and perhaps a better idea of the trend of the situation, whether it’s overall improving or worsening. Please try and keep postings pertaining to real life observations, particularly the physical/mental impacts of this viral pandemic.

now up to about eleven days and it hasn’t been to bad for me but the missus was having breathing difficulties and has just been taken to the RAH

My Dad had a case on the mild side and even though they didnt test him to confirm he's recovered from it (need to keep tests gor new patients) they told him he's no longer contagious and can go to the supermarket whilst continuing to self isolate, He said 2 days were really bad where he could barely get off the couch, and the tightness in his chest was really uncomfortable for the duration of the week, the cough lingers even after you feel better.

My dad had a heart transplant so he's on immune system suppressing drugs. Needless to say we'll be doing most of our catching up over the phone.

Gf who works in hospitals has told me some unsettling s**t but I've been sworn to secrecy.

now up to about eleven days and it hasn’t been to bad for me but the missus was having breathing difficulties and has just been taken to the RAH
Did you and the missus got the symptoms at the same time? How was your experience compared with the common flu? Wish you luck with the wife’s recovery!

My Dad had a case on the mild side and even though they didnt test him to confirm he's recovered from it (need to keep tests gor new patients) they told him he's no longer contagious and can go to the supermarket whilst continuing to self isolate, He said 2 days were really bad where he could barely get off the couch, and the tightness in his chest was really uncomfortable for the duration of the week, the cough lingers even after you feel better.
Did you ask how they can tell it was the Covid19 and not another flu strain?
For instance I’ve personally involved in several patients who had significant symptoms with possible contact of a case or recent travel, they were tested and so far all (about a handful) negative cases for Covid19.
Instead, they were other strains commonly found during flu season - Influenza and Rhinovirus.

Though good to hear he’s picking himself up again!

Did you and the missus got the symptoms at the same time? How was your experience compared with the common flu? Wish you luck with the wife’s recovery!

I think I had it three days before in hindsight Ive had worse cases of the flu but tis seems to last longer. I reckon it is 12 days since my first systems but can’t be sure as I was also diagnosed with follicular lymphona

Did you ask how they can tell it was the Covid19 and not another flu strain?
For instance I’ve personally involved in several patients who had significant symptoms with possible contact of a case or recent travel, they were tested and so far all (about a handful) negative cases for Covid19.
Instead, they were other strains commonly found during flu season - Influenza and Rhinovirus.

Though good to hear he’s picking himself up again!
Get their address John and bulk bill😉

John creating yet another thread on a topic that is already sufficiently covered by an existing thread.

Good to know that the apocalypse hasn't changed some things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My dad had a heart transplant so he's on immune system suppressing drugs. Needless to say we'll be doing most of our catching up over the phone.

Gf who works in hospitals has told me some unsettling s**t but I've been sworn to secrecy.

Any commentary on protective masks?

Its interesting the discussion regarding it. WHO does not categorically deny they are all useless (excluding N95). If WHO stated that they offered some protection albeit small, it would be a game changer, which is why they have never used this language as it is the health care practitioners and staff on the front line that need it the most.

Good luck to you and your missus mate.

If there is no cure what can actually be done when taken into hospital?
Seems to be only when breathing becomes laboured that hospital is warranted. They may give iv antibiotics to quell secondary bacterial infections to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back