My Corona! (Personal eyewitness accounts)

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a counter-experience this week. From Canberra, I ordered from Appliances Online one night, with standard Australia Post delivery specified. To my astonishment, the delivery was received first thing the following morning! I thought Appliances Online were Sydney-based, but even if this was sitting in Canberra warehouse, it's still astonishing.

That is pretty damn good

Today I received a government letter saying that i have to self isolate until the second of April
dated 24/3
This is a serious flaw in the system. Hopefully they have rectified this! Ideally via direct phone calls and also emails.

But wouldn't the GP have discussed with you the results, and the timeframe to to stay in quarantine?

I had a counter-experience this week. From Canberra, I ordered from Appliances Online one night, with standard Australia Post delivery specified. To my astonishment, the delivery was received first thing the following morning! I thought Appliances Online were Sydney-based, but even if this was sitting in Canberra warehouse, it's still astonishing.
Was it ordered via express post by accident, perhaps? Can't imagine right now sending via standard post, and you'd get any item the next day. My current experience is everything takes doubly as long to get here.

It's lazy but also a cost thing for some people as it gets harder to find GPs who bulk bill.

I'd rather spend the $30 at the GP than a whole day in the waiting room at the ED
over on this side, they have just stoped asking for sick notes from doctors and have been doing non emergency doctors visits over the phone/internet, plus people can use old prescriptions to double fill (as long as its not opioids) this has stoped people coming to the ER. my hospital has gone from 129% capacity to 79% capacity due to changes like this.

Last edited:
over on this side, they have just stop asking for sick notes from doctors and have been doing non emergency doctors visits over the phone/internet, plus people can use old prescriptions to double fill (as long as its not opioids) this has stoped people coming to the ER. my hospital has gone from 129% capacity to 79% capacity due to changes like this.
Great moves. We have just started the same on-line appointments. My folks live in the country and they started this over the last year. Makes life easier for everyone.

Employers have to saddle up in this regard as well. If you have to ask your employees to get a sick certificate for a cold, then you don't trust them.

If you don't trust them, you have the wrong employees and / or the wrong environment

This is a serious flaw in the system. Hopefully they have rectified this! Ideally via direct phone calls and also emails.

But wouldn't the GP have discussed with you the results, and the timeframe to to stay in quarantine?

this letter was because I had been in contact with a diagnosed person. Once I was diagnosed myself which was the same day the only isolation requirement is 72 hours after you feel better.

All thanks to this arsehole...

View attachment 851182

And interestingly his arsehole brother was one of the key AFL people involved with Jason Mifsud in the Rendell dismissal at the time. Now banned from football for life for his king hit on an opposition player in a minor league which caused his dismissal from his AFL employ.

View attachment 851186

I wonder about his teammate, the guy who got King hit had him in a headlock with another player. The king hit was fair and warranted.

I wonder about his teammate, the guy who got King hit had him in a headlock with another player. The king hit was fair and warranted.
Bullshit......Do some research Dunderhead. Ali Fahrour had a long history of thuggery prior to that and was rightly warned off for life subsequent to the cowardly gutless act.

You truly are off your rocker dumbass....A king hit is "fair and warranted"? It might be in the World you live in but 99.99% of people would think it a cowardly criminal act.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have yet to personally witness a Covid19 case, but I’ve noticed a trend of an increase in people wanting the yearly flu vaccination.
A pic of interest, when I noticed this, I wept a little on the inside:
76D3D2C2-6F69-4D59-8442-EB7CB89FAB46.jpeg
The picture represents the reality of this pandemic, but also my favorite sporting hobby is given a slow injection of death (at least for this season).
:*(

(Notice the first 3 letters of the batch number.)

Last edited:
I’m out ride bikes with one of my kids and he said you can’t buy food while exercising. So we’re sitting here now with an icecream each. I explained that the shops are open so you can logically use them. 8D697DB6-2549-413F-8C32-C99256CE5032.jpeg

Any commentary on protective masks?

Its interesting the discussion regarding it. WHO does not categorically deny they are all useless (excluding N95). If WHO stated that they offered some protection albeit small, it would be a game changer, which is why they have never used this language as it is the health care practitioners and staff on the front line that need it the most.
Seen this discussion repeatedly. This is my current understanding:

The generic face mask helps to reduce entry from small air droplets from possible infected cases (eg. cough/sneeze/spit), which is a form of transmission. The benefits are in risk reduction, but by no means is it absolute.
The main reason why it isn't declared mandatory for the general public, is that there is concern that people can become complacent and placing themselves close to infected cases, whilst there is improper fitting. There is also the risk of the mask wearer fiddling around with the mask repeatedly which can pass germs from their hands and onto their face, then later to the mouth or nose.

So the summary:
- face mask can help reduce risk of transmission
- improper fit and/or repeatedly fiddling the mask with the hand can be of little effect, or perhaps placing someone at more risk (if hand is contaminated).

Seen this discussion repeatedly. This is my current understanding:

The generic face mask helps to reduce entry from small air droplets from possible infected cases (eg. cough/sneeze/spit), which is a form of transmission. The benefits are in risk reduction, but by no means is it absolute.
The main reason why it isn't declared mandatory for the general public, is that there is concern that people can become complacent and placing themselves close to infected cases, whilst there is improper fitting. There is also the risk of the mask wearer fiddling around with the mask repeatedly which can pass germs from their hands and onto their face, then later to the mouth or nose.

So the summary:
- face mask can help reduce risk of transmission
- improper fit and/or repeatedly fiddling the mask with the hand can be of little effect, or perhaps placing someone at more risk (if hand is contaminated).

There is also the potential added benefit that if a person is a carrier of the CV, that having any face mask on will help at least reduce the probability of them transmitting it to others.

There is also the potential added benefit that if a person is a carrier of the CV, that having any face mask on will help at least reduce the probability of them transmitting it to others.
Yep, it works preventing from both carrier and non-carrier ends.
I find talking health topics on here is a big headache sometimes. Often the mindset is black or white (masks are either good or bad), but in reality, a lot of health topics have a significant proportion of grey.

Have yet to personally witness a Covid19 case, but I’ve noticed a trend of an increase in people wanting the yearly flu vaccination.
A pic of interest, when I noticed this, I wept a little on the inside:
View attachment 853536
The picture represents the reality of this pandemic, but also my favorite sporting hobby is given a slow injection of death (at least for this season).
:*(

(Notice the first 3 letters of the batch number.)

I had my flu injection just recently. Last year I got it around the middle/latter half of the year.

I definitely dont want my immune system to be compromised by the flu and then hit with the CV.

A pregnant friend of mine got the Rona in the UK and then she was sick in hospital in Brisbane after her return for a bit and then she got better and now she is fine. And that's the end of my story.

Further to receiving the isolation letter the day the isolation expired I have now received two police visits to
check that I am still isolating. Showed them the letter and they say their records are different and you need to contact the corona virus hotline The corona virus hotline told me to contact the police Looks like I’m in isolation forever

Further to receiving the isolation letter the day the isolation expired I have now received two police visits to
check that I am still isolating. Showed them the letter and they say their records are different and you need to contact the corona virus hotline The corona virus hotline told me to contact the police Looks like I’m in isolation forever
Seems weird. You’d think the Corona Virus hotline would have the definitive say on this matter. Could they be confused with your case with another family member perhaps?

Me & family are in quarantine in Sydney, after we fled the San Francisco area due to USA handling this virus so badly, and being too far from family.

Get to fly back to Melbourne to be home in 1 week 🎉🎉

P.S. the forced quarantine for families is in a really nice 2 room/2 bath apartment with kitchen, washer/dryer and all meals catered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back