My Corona! (Personal eyewitness accounts)

Remove this Banner Ad

A pregnant friend of mine got the Rona in the UK and then she was sick in hospital in Brisbane after her return for a bit and then she got better and now she is fine. And that's the end of my story.
šŸ˜Ž

Me & family are in quarantine in Sydney, after we fled the San Francisco area due to USA handling this virus so badly, and being too far from family.

Get to fly back to Melbourne to be home in 1 week šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰

P.S. the forced quarantine for families is in a really nice 2 room/2 bath apartment with kitchen, washer/dryer and all meals catered

You are doing entitlement wrong.

Not sure I understand the comment mate must be having a seniors moment, can you explain for the slow learner?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You are meant to complain that your room 'only' has 2 br and 2 bath and that the food is s**t, you feel like you are in prison and you need to write to at least 3 news outlets in addition to your own socials. It's like you don't think you are the centre of the universe? Come on mate it's 2020 it's all about you!

You are meant to complain that your room 'only' has 2 br and 2 bath and that the food is s**t, you feel like you are in prison and you need to write to at least 3 news outlets in addition to your own socials. It's like you don't think you are the centre of the universe? Come on mate it's 2020 it's all about you!
Haha got it. Maybe the government responded to the backlash.... This is overly good tbh, and we are very grateful

Also, extremely good idea to do it to keep the bitch Rona at bay from our shores.

Not sure I understand the comment mate must be having a seniors moment, can you explain for the slow learner?

I think what he/she is saying is that theres a lot of people complaining about their nice hotels that theyre quarantined in.
You seem to be bucking the trend being content with your facilities.

Me & family are in quarantine in Sydney, after we fled the San Francisco area due to USA handling this virus so badly, and being too far from family.

Get to fly back to Melbourne to be home in 1 week šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰

P.S. the forced quarantine for families is in a really nice 2 room/2 bath apartment with kitchen, washer/dryer and all meals catered

You should be paying for the accommodation yourself.

The fact you've chosen to fly back so late and then imposed this burden (and risk) on Australian citizens is frankly disgusting.

The fact you've chosen to fly back so late and then imposed this burden (and risk) on Australian citizens is frankly disgusting.
Yes, I feel terrible for trying to save my families lives, taking all that money earmarked for corporate bailouts of the banks!

My bad.

Yes, I feel terrible for trying to save my families lives, taking all that money earmarked for corporate bailouts of the banks!

My bad.

You absolute muppet. That money is coming from the healthcare budget.

Sorry, I've learned my lesson and promise to just go ahead and die next time

Or you know, you could have come home over a month ago like 99% of people overseas when this all ramped up did.

Or you know, you could have come home over a month ago like 99% of people overseas when this all ramped up did.
We tried our best. Had to sell/give away everything we owned, which isn't easy as it sounds for a family of 5 with new baby.

That took 2 weeks, then earliest flight we could get, then 2 weeks quarantine. That all adds up to about a month. To be clear, we lost approximately $25k USD on lost travel plans, rushed sales, breaking lease, loss of income etc....

Nobody has gotten out of this * virus lightly, does that make you feel better, hearing of my hardships?

Seems to me that we did come home just about as soon as we were advised to, and as fast as we were able.

To be clear, I'm not apologizing, and find your fixation about this to be weird.... And your apparent lack of empathy disturbing.

Last edited:

Wow this is dumb.
Now after reading the further posts your probably feel like a prick as well as dumb right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope stand by everything I said.

Just got tired of his pathetic attempt at a sob story.
Why are you the only one who doesnā€™t seem to get the point of this thread? Itā€™s basically all about the sob stories!

Ok, a business associate just told me his friend had it (so not my direct acquaintance).

According to his friend, the flu is actually worse, in terms of how sick you feel, but the biggest difference is, with CV19, you get a strange, uncomfortable feeling in your chest/lungs which would probably freak you out seeing as it will probably be unlike anything you've felt before.

Ok, a business associate just told me his friend had it (so not my direct acquaintance).

According to his friend, the flu is actually worse, in terms of how sick you feel, but the biggest difference is, with CV19, you get a strange, uncomfortable feeling in your chest/lungs which would probably freak you out seeing as it will probably be unlike anything you've felt before.
that feeling may be as a result of micro clots in the lungs. there is a growing body of evidence that the virus fluctuates between haemorrhaging and clotting in the body.This is part of the reason why younger people (20-50 year olds) are dying, especially people of colour in the states who are prone to strokes and cardiac issues. https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-blood-clots.html

The other other couple of crazy things going are. New York cities infection rate could be closer to 21% https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...-wide-exposure-to-virus-in-new-york-1.4908578 and also in New York city at one hospital roughly 88% of patients that went on ventilators passed away. there are lots of reasons for this, age, comorbidities, length of infection etc. but it is an amazing number.

Last point it is contentious but WHO is stating there is no evidence that prior infection gives immunity https://www.france24.com/en/2020042...-from-covid-19-gives-people-immunity-who-says I am loathe to fully trust WHO but it is an interesting thing to think about.

Can you ask further the business associate on his current status eg. how long did it last for or if he's recovered?

that feeling may be as a result of micro clots in the lungs. there is a growing body of evidence that the virus fluctuates between haemorrhaging and clotting in the body.This is part of the reason why younger people (20-50 year olds) are dying, especially people of colour in the states who are prone to strokes and cardiac issues. https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-blood-clots.html

The other other couple of crazy things going are. New York cities infection rate could be closer to 21% https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...-wide-exposure-to-virus-in-new-york-1.4908578 and also in New York city at one hospital roughly 88% of patients that went on ventilators passed away. there are lots of reasons for this, age, comorbidities, length of infection etc. but it is an amazing number.

Last point it is contentious but WHO is stating there is no evidence that prior infection gives immunity https://www.france24.com/en/2020042...-from-covid-19-gives-people-immunity-who-says I am loathe to fully trust WHO but it is an interesting thing to think about.
"that feeling may be as a result of micro clots in the lungs. there is a growing body of evidence that the virus fluctuates between haemorrhaging and clotting in the body.This is part of the reason why younger people (20-50 year olds) are dying, especially people of colour in the states who are prone to strokes and cardiac issues. https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-blood-clots.html"

Seems they're describing an auto-immune response, whereby the immune system is over-active and attacks its own cells. I don't think this is happening for everyone, more a subgroup of patients. Otherwise, we wouldn't be hearing about asymptomatic cases. Also, 20-50 year olds are in the minority of age group deaths.

"Last point it is contentious but WHO is stating there is no evidence that prior infection gives immunity https://www.france24.com/en/2020042...-from-covid-19-gives-people-immunity-who-says I am loathe to fully trust WHO but it is an interesting thing to think about."

I think this is because this is a new viral strain and the pandemic is still in its early stages. So we won't be able to evaluate properly the risks of reinfection. More importantly though, it would be better to know if you get it the second time round, would be it likely equal, more or less in severity compared to first episode?

"that feeling may be as a result of micro clots in the lungs. there is a growing body of evidence that the virus fluctuates between haemorrhaging and clotting in the body.This is part of the reason why younger people (20-50 year olds) are dying, especially people of colour in the states who are prone to strokes and cardiac issues. https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-blood-clots.html"

Seems they're describing an auto-immune response, whereby the immune system is over-active and attacks its own cells. I don't think this is happening for everyone, more a subgroup of patients. Otherwise, we wouldn't be hearing about asymptomatic cases. Also, 20-50 year olds are in the minority of age group deaths.

"Last point it is contentious but WHO is stating there is no evidence that prior infection gives immunity https://www.france24.com/en/2020042...-from-covid-19-gives-people-immunity-who-says I am loathe to fully trust WHO but it is an interesting thing to think about."

I think this is because this is a new viral strain and the pandemic is still in its early stages. So we won't be able to evaluate properly the risks of reinfection. More importantly though, it would be better to know if you get it the second time round, would be it likely equal, more or less in severity compared to first episode?

re the 20 to 50 year old bracket, they have the lowest mortality rate, but what we are seeing with covid as opposed to other respiratory illnesses is the cardiac impact occurring earlier. cardiac arrests for other respiratory cases often occur later down the disease pathway, but with covid it is impacting people earlier. and from what i have been reading the 20-50 year old bracket are having CVAs and cardiac arrests earlier and that is the leading cause of deaths. Also in one study posted in Lancet 12% of patients had acute cardiac injury.

Can you ask further the business associate on his current status eg. how long did it last for or if he's recovered?

It wasn't my business associate, it was his friend. And we typically just talk shop most of the time (we're not really that close). He just happened to mention it as a bit of small talk before we started our meeting proper. It's going to be a bit weird for me to shoot him an email like "Hey great meeting the other day. By the way, can you ask your friend who had COVID-19 how long it lasted for, etc. etc.?" :p

However, he did state that he wasn't personally afraid of catching it, and he was more worried about his parents getting it. So, I guess it must not have been too bad.

Last edited:
re the 20 to 50 year old bracket, they have the lowest mortality rate, but what we are seeing with covid as opposed to other respiratory illnesses is the cardiac impact occurring earlier. cardiac arrests for other respiratory cases often occur later down the disease pathway, but with covid it is impacting people earlier. and from what i have been reading the 20-50 year old bracket are having CVAs and cardiac arrests earlier and that is the leading cause of deaths. Also in one study posted in Lancet 12% of patients had acute cardiac injury.
It's a multi-organ inflammatory response syndrome. The DIC/ARDS/ischaemic injuries etc are bad, but the majority of the younger deaths are from arrythmia. All of them have a significant viral hepatitis, even many of the assymp patients; the higher the LFTs the more likely they are to develop myocarditis. Again surprisingly common, but not overly severe. Those that get it bad develop a rapid-onset viral dilated cardiomyopathy and most of the deaths in young people who go on vent are from eventual arrhythmia-related sudden cardiac death.

From what I've heard you can see the ones who are going to turn from a mile away just from looking at their LFTs on admission and then their echo after a few days of them not turning the corner.

A couple of points for everyone;
  • Infection rates are MUCH higher in NY than anyone previously thought. However a huge % have no symptoms at all.
  • There is NO evidence at all that those who are exposed develop immunity. The UK thought this would be the case and started looking at herd immunity. Once they realised there was no immunity, they tried to change course and lockdown, but it was too late.
  • A question that is yet to be answered and might be the scariest of all - what happens down the track for those who have been asymptomatic? Does the virus go away or does it stay in the body? Could it flare up again down the track? Could it be dormant until you get something else, or run down etc...? If this was the case, it would have horrendous long term impacts.
  • The advice from Virology experts regarding schools has not changed. This is true. What is not true is that the Government are being told it is safe to send kids to school and that kids don't spread it. This is a LIE. I know for a fact that the government have been advised for several months to close and keep schools closed. Morrison has consistently ignored this. He is doing this on his own, for his own reasons.
  • The government have also been advised that easing restrictions is a mistake. Experts are predicting further spikes and easing restrictions is a big risk.

A couple of points for everyone;
  • There is NO evidence at all that those who are exposed develop immunity. The UK thought this would be the case and started looking at herd immunity.
Yo, neither of these statements are accurate. :mask:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back